Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's been fixed for next patch. Unfortunately, I have no control over when that is.

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

The skeez bone guy

3. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Not an SL champion

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

amazingly sometimes FW is allowed to keep its champions as solely FW champs.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Aah my bad. But not gunna lie, full rare,unc,com skeez looks good.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

skeez is a pretty good theme deck

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

You can tell that the diehard FW players are losing a lot of traction with the developers. In the good old days they would have fought hard to keep demonologist, demonvein vampyre, and demonlich as the ffFW champs they were always intended to be.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

All those mentioned do better as ud. More has to do with vampire bonus synergy. Demonlich has built in amp fire, so that's going to be useless in 95% of fw decks.

9. DiCEM0nEY

Arrow eater type abilities have faded from modern games, because they punish a player instead of simply disallowing. I don't mind it with pox so much, since alot of the challenge is keeping your turn under 1.45

Precision just needs to go through it though. Consolidate loss of life and precision imo.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

These 2 abilities are not related. Consolidating them makes no sense

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  11. Sokolov

Honestly, if Arrow Eater was to be changed in that way, I'd rather just replace it with Elusive. That's a bigger discussion, of course, and one we've discussed.

One thing I've been thinking about is basically a middle ground between the 2 abilities, something like Elusive which is countered by Precision, but would also only take 50% DMG in those instances.

From the perspective of abilities, it'd mean that Precision counters Evasive 3 fully, while Elusive/Arrow Eater would be countered by 50%.

Alternatively, Arrow Eater would be reduced to 50% reduction in ranged damage, while providing a buffer offensive buff (maybe AP instead of DMG even) and costing less.

No code time for that right now either way, but it is on my list of things to consider.

Decided to go ahead and make a discussion threaed in the UD forums:

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/arrow-eater.26510/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I always thought elusive should work as it currently does but have a condition....either "After this champion attacks it gains..." or be an activate with a CD. Then it can be less nora but also distinguish itself further from arroweater.

13. calisk

If it moves at least one space

14. DiCEM0nEY

Honestly, if Arrow Eater was to be changed in that way, I'd rather just replace it with Elusive. That's a bigger discussion, of course, and one we've discussed.

One thing I've been thinking about is basically a middle ground between the 2 abilities, something like Elusive which is countered by Precision, but would also only take 50% DMG in those instances.

From the perspective of abilities, it'd mean that Precision counters Evasive 3 fully, while Elusive/Arrow Eater would be countered by 50%.

Alternatively, Arrow Eater would be reduced to 50% reduction in ranged damage, while providing a buffer offensive buff (maybe AP instead of DMG even) and costing less.

No code time for that right now either way, but it is on my list of things to consider.

Decided to go ahead and make a discussion threaed in the UD forums:

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/arrow-eater.26510/[/QUOTE]

Or just consolidate loss of life to counter both arrow eater and elusive. I understand that your intention is good, but it might not lead to a truly desired outcome. Take a look at mirrored, which albeit strong, exemplifies why diverging attack types can lead to imbalances further down the road.

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Basically...without becoming too similar to that old strig walk a couple spaces become invincible thingy

16. calisk

Oh ya forgot that old ability wasn't it move 4 and dodge 1 attack and it stacked 3 times

17. Sokolov

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about most of the time.

Changing Loss of Life in this way has so many ramifications and introduces a ton of inconsistencies that I don't understand what you are trying to do here nor how it is "consolidated" by doing so.

As for different attack types, of course, introducing ANYTHING has the potential to cause imbalances, that's the entire point of these games. If we wanted to play a game where everything behaved exactly the same with no differences, we could do that, but we introduce differences for the express purpose of creating imbalances.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

Explain why xulous and tomblord both have attack psychic, and how losing games to spot psychic immunity is fun.

Precision - gives consistency to ranged attacks.

Loss of life - gives consistency to attacks.

If you pay me I can explain these incredibly difficult theorems further.

19. Sokolov

Zephyr Shield - When this champion moves 4 spaces in a single turn, the next successful attack in 4 turns against it misses. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

Still exists.

20. Sokolov

This is an interesting approach and could be taken as well. But for me, I like the idea of making Arrow Eater's offensive potentially actually something for players to think about and have the whole thing be a risk-vs-reward type of thing.