Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Would be interesting and since it requires an attack makes the rest of the build a little more easy to streamline. Although I still think desecrate should also not affect friendly champs especially since Witches and non-undead paladins would still take the chip damage. And if attached to melee prolly harder to make it avoid friendlies

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Make IS/FW Paladins viable again.

Or make IS/KF Paladins a thing and i'll definitely start playing again.

Thbigchief likes this.
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

how can they not be viable? IS paladins are awesome :)

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There's only 2 FW Paladins now. The Shaman side is somewhat lacking as well. When I say IS/FW Paladins I mean I want more FW Paladins/Shamans/Priests. I don't want to use 13 IS Champs and 2 FW champs, I want it to be more evened out.

5. Hierokliff

aha, found 2 paladins, 6 priests, 13 shamans in FW, yeah maybe a bit low, no idea if they are worth using at all, and shamans are weaker then priests atm.
    Would def try it with blessing of al'mara + wings of glory on paladin+priest IS/FW a real flying hunting:walker nightmare if I did like fw at all.
    would have a hard time picking just 5-6 champs from IS paladins though
    but for example FF UD minotaurs are def worth using and they are 14 of them total

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been said, but I cba reading through the past 32 pages of this thread. Can the snakes from snakecharmer get less hp? With boost on her they all come into play with either 20 or 30hp, more if they have a banner out, which seems over the top considering they have good damage, speed and decent abilities.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It has been while since I have talked about how op medal of valor is so it goes.

I was playing vs an IS deck against a high ranking opponent and veteran. I was using a FS adaptive bg witch is almost as ridiculously OP as medal of valor it's self. My opponent equipped medal of valor and got a kill in the same turn. I said firk that, and instead of trying to kill the medal of valor champ (which the IS community assures me is very easy to do) I used the FS spell loot and equipped my adaptive champ with medal of valor. (This was early game and my adaptive champ was in no way ridiculously over powered yet.) My opponents response was to use Divinity's Touch, a 50 nora spell, to disarm said champ of medal of valor. I confronted my opponent about this and we both agreed it was not the worst move ever.

So to recap. Battle leader in it's current state in the equipment medal of valor is 30 nora. I saw the value and op-ness of medal of valor and had no problem spending 40 nora to take that 30 nora equipment from my opponent. My opponent could have, apparently very easily, killed my champ to regain medal of valor, but instead decided to spend 50 nora to remove it from my champion.

#ISbalance.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

tis getting the nerf. Range 2 maximum and battle leader loses healing portion. so at least for your opponent to get a deck filled with 20+ damage units they'll need to actually risk the unit with battle leader.

9. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Not like bastion isnt one of the most popular runes to put it on. But at least it cant be abused with pureblood plainswalker anymore.

10. OriginalG1

I know, I just wanted to encourage/cement/justify the change, because apparently at some point the team looked at medal of valor and battle leader and said "I see absolutely no issue with this."

The instance I listed in post #629 showcases an IS players awareness of how op medal of valor is currently, and the extremes they are willing to take in order to stop the steam rolling power of medal of valor while in-game.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  11. Hierokliff

Yes medal of valor is so OP i dont use it most of the time in its current state, and ill never use it after the nerfs. think the nerf was silly hard on it and on battleleader in general, its just not MoV that gets nerfed. But hopefully someone finds a good use for it and i change my mind :) atm best use will be with carrier squire and shatter it and deploy some other equip for 8spd + AP buff.

but its not worse then FS adaptive with 3-4 adaptive units out, it all depends on your bg, if you use alot of weak units (skeletons, summons...) then medal of valor is your nightmare. or a fire UD that puts down firegem on Grimlic for insane dmg thats even more absurd then MoV on IS ranged unit. or Frost amp bg, you need to kill alot of units with MoV to get the same damage buff that you get with 50% fire amp or frost amp.

First Bastion the avenger lost his best tanking (subsume) ability
    now MoV gets rusty and old
    its just Pureblood Plainswalker left
    then the 3 core of any useful IS bg has been nerfed hard.

Are IS really so dominating in the game? :)

12. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

IS OP is literally one of the loading screens

13. Vote Kanye 2020

I don't think battle leader is OP, I just think medal of honor on ranged is what causes the problem. Would much rather see it keep the health clause and just 2 max range clause go on the medal.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Almost every ability is a problem when it's on a range unit lol.

15. themacca

especially lumbering

voodoov and Etherielin like this.
  16. OriginalG1

The AoE on the passive ability repulsion is ridiculous. 5 spaces? The AoE on repulsion should be either 1 space, or AoE 2. 5 space to get knocked backed 2 more space is ridiculous. If I have a 6 speed melee unit and he keeps getting knocked back 2 spaces at the end of 5 spaces he can literately never catch the ranged repulsion unit.

Repulsion is a cool defense against melee units but it should only be triggered at the melee range, either 1 space or 1-2 spaces.

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Is Hekatian Arbiter supposed to be 3-3 range with empowered:range? If so it seems wierd.

Tweek516 likes this.
  18. themacca

Yeah that's what i thought when i saw it get empowered in the patch notes and lost 1 range

19. OriginalG1

Was relics regaining immunity poison and disease intentional?

20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Tortalleon gunbattery is fun and all, but it can be hard to land shots vs good players.
    Is it possible to make it so that the dmg comes out before turtle ends, to add some synergy with other tortuns? As in, you can turtle then artillery barrage on top of that unit to catch out people.