Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

An AoE 2 at 15 damage every turn is strong though. Not to mention he has 1 range so he gets a decent damage buff if he is split with ud.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

would make it so that turtle also avoids stuff like auras, would be a very big buff.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

What if it went the other way and made strike land at the end of opponents turn?

4. Elves Rule

Splitting with UD is irrelevant.
    He does do lots of dmg, but it is hard to actually do that dmg with him unless the target is stationary. I'm not asking for much of a buff, just more synergy with tortuns.

5. OriginalG1

A high damage, fire dealing unit that can hit friendly units has no buiness with UD?Ya I must be moron. Not like you can heal fire eater units with that. Not like you hold a unit still by putting lava on the ground. Not like there are other tourtons with sabotage fire or other high damage fire abilities.

Surely you double up on reverberating blast with an fs spilt if artillery strike is a focal point. Probally be able to hold people still with poison traps, bog trap, brambles, living vines or that spell that makes a unit rooted.

Ya you have to guess when you use artillery strike but it can be easy to predict your enemies location on a level with the central font. You may not be hitting 3-4 units everyturn but. But even hitting one unit every other turn at 15 [15+] damage from 8 spaces away is not the wrost. Relics do not even move and 15 damage is a good amount of hp gone.

Hierokliff likes this.
  6. Elves Rule

It is not a focal point of my bg. I am running tortuns. I am putting gunbattery into tortuns, because it is a tortun. I am trying to get more synergy between them, because tortuns are a theme. Yes I have a few stuns, but that is spending nora to allow my guy to be able to hit them.

So what, am I just terrible at using it? I'm not hitting 3-4 units every turn i'm hitting 1 unit every 2 or 3 turns. What is the correct way to predict with gunbattery?

7. OriginalG1

Levels with a central font will alway be the easyest predict with artillery strike and sometimes you will have to just guess, baiting can help set somthing up. It is just a risk vs reward ability. Like I said though hitting 3-4 units is really unlikey. I would just try your best to stick with 1-2 targets. If have a sure target though I would alway gotl for that surenthing. The more you use it the better you will get with it. Melee units are going to be more predictable than range units, in most cases.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  8. Doobido

Doobido The King of Potatoes

Happy to see leoss on that list

9. OriginalG1

?

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Nope, known issue.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. OriginalG1

The terrain, so many weird layering issues. I was playing against an aquatic bg and could not see any champion options because the water was on top of my movement or my champions range. Additionally cast hungry mire on elder murk worm is supper buggy, instead of the center of cast hugry mire being the target, the ability will chose to put the edge of ability on target location.

12. Sokolov

Known issue

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

K'ento - +1 DMG, Unequippable, Opportunistic to Stat Bonus: Speed 1, Silent Contemplation: Remove +2 DMG
    Fishkisser - -2DMG and -2 nora

Seriously, you don't need to buff at the same time that you nerf.

K'ento does NOT need the +1 Dmg. She's a great deal still without it.

Fishkisser does NOT need -2 Nora. It's still insanely good as is, even with -2 Dmg.

I understand that you don't want to overnerf things, but these light taps to champs that do not enough to balance them just leave OP runes OP.

14. Durand

Durand Active Member

I disagree, these proposals seem actually quite okay. I believe the point was to remove some unbalanced combinations, but leaving them still playable in slightly different kinds of decks.
    When I was analyzing runes (without any bias from people's opinions) strictly calculating stats, abilities and costs, those two were not auto-includes for me. Both of them fell in the category of "ok", but not "must have". Meaning, I have a few slightly better options for my ST and FS decks. Including them instead of something else, wouldn't make the deck better or worse (I have built decks from all factions, so I'm not biased to any faction). After nerfing, I wouldn't even consider using them. Except if they are like these proposals, still suitable in different kinds of decks, which don't "abuse" combinations like K'ento+Providence. (Generally, I don't think we have to nerf everything which is good, or make all clever combinations unusable. But if something becomes too popular, it is healthy to do small nerfs. Just enough that people try different runes/combinations and game stays always interesting).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  15. Sokolov

I am not even sure they are OP, to be honest, so I think this is fine. If they need further adjustment later we can do it, but they aren't so dominant that they are must nerfs.

16. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Are these just player whining nerfs. None of them seemed to overpower the game. They did change the way your opponent has to play. I hate fish kisser cos it I had to deal with it, but isnt that the whole point to a strategy game? It just seems like these were rage nerfs from reading everything.

17. Braxzee

Holly cats did you give Kento Unequipable cos providence and Kento was a good combo? There are so many champs that when equipped with X become very good. UD champs with demon shield. UD champs with arrow eater being equipped with providence or boosted with snow spinner, any 7-8 range champ with reapers blade any champ with multi attack and reapers blade. Thats why you have shatter and disarm and pilfer and then and then....type counters. You equip a champ to change the dynamic of the champ.
    I would get it if Kento or any champ had impenetrable and spell ward and got equipped who would see a counter to that combo once in a thousand games.

18. Braxzee

sorry meant for SOKs stuff. Doing too much at once

19. Elric

Actually, I would not listen to you as you even said you don't even play anymore. So, your opinion is worth less than a 600 ELO.

I'd rather listen to someone who actually plays the game:

20. Elric

Talk is cheap; actions speak louder than words, and you are NO tiny.