Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

But nothing within the last 4 months...worth less than a 600 ELO...goodbye! No more responses to you since your opinion is now considered worthless.

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

The game hasn't significantly changed in the last 4 months, you are making yourself look ignorant by shooting down his arguments based on this rather than actually addressing what he is saying.

maxwell3094, Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

This is one of the first things I noticed when I started playing again - people playing rangers and fs, spamming cheap units with 9 damage then complaining that SL is overpowered.

4. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just because you, Elric, are a terribly bad player doesn't mean everyone agrees with your incompetence of dealing with runes.

Anyone with any kind of a brain and/or high level experience in any tcg, especially with experience in pox even if it's from 5 years ago has a opinion more worthy than your "i'm a noob and can't deal with this hence it's op, oh btw i don't want to think forward in a game or try to predict what my opponent might play and have a counterplay ready" bullshit.

Like seriously thinking forward about what your opponent most likely will do or have in their bg is the core of playing any tcg, if you only play and think your actions based on what's currently happening you are always at a disadvantage. If you are facing a lot of k'ento I'd assume you'd realize you need to counterplay it, figure out how to do it and you'd know how that happens and the rune isn't a problem anymore.

5. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

rangers have low damage?
    do you mean split rangers or ff kithir rangers?
    cuz split rangers reach absurd damage levels.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

So, the nerf to Tortun Fishkisser of -2 DMG and -2 Nora is basically a nerf of +1 Nora since +2 DMG is 3 Nora. Just saying.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

It doesnt quite work like that though. You can create really OP and really UP chps through just the formula. Look at DMrs thread, for example.

8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Incredibly tanky champs with low DPS have the drawback of getting BTFO if they try to run into stuff without support to back them up. I'm assuming they reduced its damage to stop it from 1v1ing stuff as easily as it does.

9. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Nevermind that 11 dmg is still plenty of damage to fight with, especially on a tanky rune with manic

Elric likes this.
  10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I'm explaining what the rationale for that nerf is, not defending it. Also, 2 DMG is a actually kind of a big deal. Units that rely on multiple strikes per turn for DPS get hurt by DMG nerfs the most. Regardless of how strong it is, that's why they did it. It's not "just a +1 nora nerf", there's actual thought behind that change though it may not be apparent at first.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

DMR is right. if it were a big slow unit that would go around hitting for 13 damage every round no problem but it was generally hitting for 13 twice. so it basically got its damage per turn drop to 22 from 26 (ignoring defense) which is still very high especially for a unit as tanky as fishkisser but it will at least seem more reasonable i think now.

12. DukeofDunks

Uh yeah. I gathered that. I honestly dont know why you quoted me, i was just stating that the rune will still be good.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Because your comment seemed dismissive of the nerf, though I could have misinterpreted. It's kind a big deal. Most people might not remember but there was a time when Fishkisser had sub 10 DMG and sucked ass post-revamp.

14. DukeofDunks

I personally am fairly dismissive of the nerf. Or maybe dismissive is the wrong word, I dont think its a massive change, no ones going to stop running fishkissers(probably) but im certainly going to feel better facing them. 11 damage feels far more fair than 13 on a unit thats virtually guaranteed to doubletap. You can see it on the tortuns themselves, any tortun that can expected to attack twice(the multi attack ones/the sentinel/defensive strike one) has 10-11 damage which is low for tortuns

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-6-19_1-18-58.png
    can we please fix the visual bug between health bars and actually hp, it messes me up so much. Also why the firk dose the amp damage type in the game need more spot vulnerability? (Frost Amulet) Why can yeti spirit use frost nova while incorporeal?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Incorporeal has never prevented you from using non-basic attacks IIRC. It's not a bug.
    I have no idea what your screenshot is trying to say here.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Pretty sure he's pointing out the negative 1 CD

19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's just a display error. The CD isn't -1.

20. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

He's pointing out that the health bar under the champ has only two sections while the champ has 45 hp, IE the health bars aren't any indication of actual hp which they should be. So you have to check champs for hp instead of seeing them from the champion base like it's intended.

The -1cd is spectator bug.

E: @Etherielin too since you were wondering what he's pointing out.