Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Can the doctor get a look at for next patch? He has a whole upgrade line that grants charges as does harvest organs on base, however his second upgrade tree only has 1 charge based ability making the other two completely redundant.

Maybe just a swap around of his abilities, like charged heal on base and harvest organs on upgrade 2. This way he will always be able to make use of the charges he's forced to gain from U1, while being able to pick any of the 3 other options in U2.

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Dog pile is adding 2x dog pile for every attack instead of one

3. OriginalG1

Bubble of protection, and bubbles buffer in general take damage after defense. This should not be the case. IT IS A FIRKING BUFFER, it is not part of champion it should take not damage after defense. It is a buffer not champions HP.

Heal champion has a cool down of 3, and charge heal. Grant bubble or whatever has a cool down of two? So 10 hp ever turn, after defense, wtf is going on.

4. OriginalG1

same as the first screen shot. the hp display vs the actually hp. Each black line represents 10hp on a champions hp bar. The black lines are not correctly representing a champions remaining HP and it is infuriating.

5. OriginalG1

i am done. this game has been broken from the start. we do not even get goals or dead lines any more.

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Says who?

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Any chance Whisperghast could get Ally ST? Currently he's quite lackluster, but granting him Ally ST will make him pretty useable in a split frost BG. Could just swap it with Drain 2 from his second upgrade path. Also while we're at it can we give High Warlock class Witch? He would be fun to use in a Witch BG. Warlocks are male witches anyway so it makes sense for him to be part of it

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Gotta say Sok, choosing to buff frost amp when it was already rampant was probably one of the worst changes you've done in pox.

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

skeleton sniper has aim twice.

10. GoldTiger

Some changes I'd like to see
    ST
    Crystal Phoenix - loses immortality.
    Ferren Snowspinner - attack magical, heal champion 2.
    Aspect of infinity - Force barrier replaced with confuse (I mean makes sense since it has mirrored).

SP
    SoTM - deleted from the game (real solution is delete ghost from the game its being phased out for a reason).

FS
    Boghopper mentor - completely redesigned, gains an ability similar to orb of frostfall but with water, and an ability called water shroud where it grants evasive 2 and reflexes 2 to champions occupying water on 1CD, also gains ferren focus base because its way better than sunder. Attack - psychic so it can be amped and also has heal champion 3. Sub 70 nora cost.

Abilities
    Ghost - deleted. Runes that had it adjusted accordingly.
    Swallow whole - gives pariah
    Tough - doesn't apply to attacks. Nora cost adjusted to 3? per rank.
    Duplicity - copies champions current HP (+x nora too).
    Ice stars - changed the visuals so it doesn't crash the game.
    Sandspray - 3 turn duration, 7 damage.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Can't tell if your trolling or not.

Tweek516 likes this.
  12. GoldTiger

Half trolling half not. Just need to decipher.

For the record I do genuinely believe tough is one of the most destructive abilities in the game with absolutely 0 counterplay unlike dodge or block. An insane amount of runes simply become non-viable due to the insane defensive potential of runes in the game at this moment. One example is boghopper huntmaster. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this rune, its pretty good. It just doesn't do enough damage because of the current state of tanks. Another is darkmarsh fury. 9 damage should be good enough for sub 70 nora to start poking at 4-6 range, especially one that ramps up over time. Unfortunately good luck actually dealing any damage at all to the vast majority of runes in the game.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  13. Vote Kanye 2020

Ah good, nah I agree with must of what you said, some good suggestions. The mentor suggestion just caught me off gaurd ;)

14. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Would you like my to delete my St/SP BG and play FS xD

We basically went through the same thing with my IS/SP BG then this current one was born. By my logic the nurf threads make me stronger muhahaha

15. GoldTiger

You were playing structs hey? I'm pretty sure they had a similar problem in that their support runes (the tinkerers) were so bonkers that it made the rest of the BG good. I personally wouldn't nerf any of the "beaters" in your BG or in structs; kento is borderline but theres been enough discussion about him already so I'm sure theres something in store. Note how in my "ideas" I haven't targeted any champs that "deal damage", because they aren't the problems similar to structs (which was also BS I'm just gonna say again). I think the healing nerf was the right move there they were basically tough 3 regen 3 (times by however many tinkerers you had) beasts.

Supports in this game basically carry bad BGs; take the entirety of KF for example, that faction is DoGshit but charmer and a few other runes are so good it carries them out of trash tier. I mean imagine how good a KF split would be if their faction bonus wasn't garbage. TBH its probably still viable given the current state of splits.

I'm pretty sure theres nothing in FS for you to abuse, our supports are very bad so its basically a game of who can move their runes around the board better to outplay your opponent, a style I believe you're not very accustomed to ;) .

It was more to make a point to show just how broken a rune like that would be if it existed. I mean could you imagine? The only problem is it does... in an already broken faction.

Anyways the rest of my suggestions were for real except maybe the sandspray one I don't think it needs that big of a nerf but I would still like to see it changed.

Ghost could be seen as a bit of an exaggeration but I believe its the best way to go for the ability imo. Ghost is an issue as evidenced by SoTM (broken) and Haunting Spirit (so broken it was nerfed in to oblivion). Neither of these runes are that "broken". Haunting spirit was hardly winning games. Its mostly the archetype that champions have to follow when possessing an ability like ghost which is pretty egregious, design limiting, and disgusting champion creating. Champions such as yeti spirit, while very strong (and nerf worthly please note), are the way to go for similar champs and ethereal is a fairly balanced mechanic imo. Problem with yeti spirit to me is that you can cast frost nova while incorporeal. That never made sense to me I thought you couldn't use anything while incorporeal @Sokolov ?

16. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Aspect of infinity replicate is bugged when pointed to lava, the real replica and illusion is immediately destroyed

17. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Had a moment earlier where Locust Swarm did not reduce def of enemy champs in the aoe, also noticed on this occasion that the animation was limited to one square. Not sure if they are related or if its something that happens consistently.

18. GoldTiger

Put this in bugs forum. Also the one square thing is only a visual bug. Like all other skills the visuals don't work properly at all.

19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

No

Sound like that could be related to the old mechanic where swarms etc wouldn't spawn on damaging terrain. I think swarms at least are fixed now.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  20. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

My notes from playing as frost amp for the past few weeks:

Champs:
    1. Crystal Phoenix: Remove access to immortality on upgrade line

2. Ferren Snowspinner: Increase Snow Shroud cool down. Possibly change attack damage type so it isn't ampable within FF ST.

3. Jakei Extinguisher: Not sure what to change outside of acolyte needing a cost increase by 1 or 2 nora across the board. Just an over-efficient combination of abilities, arguably none of which are miscosted based on individual interactions.

4. K'ento: Not so much OP, I really dislike the design. Too easy to play her and still gain huge advantages over an opponent - just run into a font, hit silent contemplation, and attack when optimal. Opponent has to either (1) severely outplay you or (2) draw the counter-rune included in their bg solely for K'ento, e.g. Mindstorm in UD wouldn't be run if not for K'ento. Most counter-runes to K'ento, at least the ones I've used, are single target so you must also spend nora to draw out snow blind. Probably the biggest draw-win rune in my frost amp bg. I think one thing that gets overlooked is the massive range boost from Silent Contemplation. Maybe decrease max range granted or increase min range when in use, or just straight increase the ability cost? Another source of confusion is the upgrade line - is K'ento meant to be a lower mid 70 nora champ or an upper mid 80 nora champ? Might not be relevant to balancing her, just thought I'd point it out.

Spells:
    1. Frigid Barrier: Does too much damage up-front. Probably just needs the Fiery Ambush treatment, though I'd say not as severe a change since Fiery Ambush is no longer runnable.

There are a few other minor changes, mostly regarding ease of access to amp boosting (though I think this applies to most amp-based themes), but I think the above would take priority first. Highlighted interactions are all based within the context of the frost amp theme.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    DukeofDunks and nepyonisdead like this.