Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Thanks - Would the nora cost be the same as now for the proposed build?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What proposed build?

3. Chris

kento on page one of this topic.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No specific cost change dictated, but there may be some rounding with the formula, but it'd be +/- 1 in those cases.

5. Chris

Fair enough That sounds reasonable. I do find it odd that unequipable is seen as a nurf. I generally find it more useful than hindering but if it pleases the masses whatever

6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

If swift wind gets a +5 nora increase can the ability effect the closest damaged friendly champ to the attack. As it stands it effects the champ closest to the swift wind champ. I would rather just have swift wind/healing wind removed from Lonx Wanderer or at least make it a upgrade option. The Lonx look really good on paper, as these little nerf changes happen it hits this theme indirectly pretty hard and they just do not hold up. Ie Beast herder as another example of an indirect nerf. Very powerful in FW, but not so much in ST.

Snowspinner - Why cant she have a Loyal Ferren ability? She can only grant ferren snow shroud.

Kento - She is a Exotic rune and should be designed well with exotic abilities and or designs, with very good synergy. Skeezick Whorl is a well designed champ and it is a common rune. It seems players are complaining about the wrong champs having good builds. I was sad to see you give in to the nerf cries on Grimlic that is a iconic UD champ that was priced right. I do not even own a Grimlic or even play UD and I could see it was not justified. So now I pay more attention to a common rune like whorl or a rare rune like lerper being deployed than Grimlic. I feel we are going down the wrong path of well Grimlic got nerfed now lets nerf the next efficient exotic champ. Oh look Kento is better than grim(No kidding cos Grim just got nerfed). Lets nerf her. Now another exotic champ will stand out and ST/UD players will be like hey look that champ needs to be nerfed cause it is to efficient for the nora cost. Well of course they are right cos their exotic champs are now paying more nora for same abilities so it is justified to nerf the new champ that is being complained about.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think it's funny how people are complaining about Frost Amp as if there were so many changes recently... The only thing that's changed recently is Frost Amulet.

Not saying Frost Amp isn't strong, cause it's always been strong. But y'all wanna ***** and cry and focus only on the negative things.

Braxzee and Etherielin like this.
  8. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

we have so few players that honestly any balance discussions means nothing really.
    so right now fixing the client and getting the game to playable state should be more important then balance changes.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    MrBadguy likes this.
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So midterm opinions:

Draksar Confessor (SL):

Looks like one of the weaker ones tbh. Her evolution ability is great, and she has some decent utility options in her upgrades. But this doesn't make up for very weak stats, and a clunky invoke ability (her fragility and ranged means that you'll be keeping her back most of the time, so her invoke ability would function much better as a buff than debuff ability).

I propose her invoke ability be changed to randomly mutate every (allied and enemy) champion within 5 spaces (and I mean the +2dmg/2def/1spd and -2dmg/2def/1spd mutations). Play around with her cost a bit if you think this will break the champion, but it's much simpler, cooler, flavourful and fits in much better with the design of the champion.

Elder Vampyre (FW):

Hands down my favourite champion of the set. Amazing art, really unique and innovative set of abilities and looks like a ton of fun to play. As for power: I'm not too sure. Damage starts of very low, and I could see it being a problem against something like SL. Testing will tell I guess. Good job on this one guys.

Icefang (ST):

First time I looked at Icefang, I thought it was kinda weak. Probably the worst invoke (quick question about that: does the whole AOE5 become deep snow? A lot stronger if this is the case), and looks kinda pricey. That said, once you imagine it at 73n with zeal speed and ranged stance, it looks a lot better. Park this near a font and wail away at stuff with your 1-5 ranged 16 dmg (at full ranged) monster. Looks very strong. Shame it's a fatty.

Jellebrium Nexus (FS):

Hmm. Lots of annoying abilities on there, for sure. However, this guy is reasonably expensive for a support like this. One with nora is very easy to get around nowadays, and, with no other defence, that 50hp is gonna get chewed up pretty quickly. The only thing that saves him is the incredibly powerful invoke. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but there must be some wacky combos you can do with this invoke. We'll see if it's powerful enough to warrant him being included in bgs.

Rockcharger Warbeast (SP):

First of all, what a brilliant sprite. Looks cool as firk. The champion looks okay. A bit bland, but solid I guess. The frightened on the invoke is going to make this guy very difficult to one round, and he can dish out some decent damage. Nice defensive abilities, nice speed, decent damage. Seems like an okay champion.

Sarnghavian Gladiator (IS):

Looks like the weakest in the set. I just don't see why she's that expensive? Nice speed, but low damage and she dies fairly easily. Her invoke is cool, but when activating the ability I can't imagine you'd have net AP gain. Because of this, it may be hard to invoke and double tap (assuming you want to invoke on a powerturn to make use of the extra damage), and it is probably more damage to just double tap in most cases. Furthermore, the automatic trigger of invoke will likely do nothing, as the opponent will never trigger it unless they mean to kill the champion.

Vashal Interceptor (KF):

Looks very strong. UD and ST ones may be stronger, but Interceptor fits so nicely and easily into an already strong bg (rangers). Providing so much at such a decent price, this rune will definietely find its way into many KF bgs. Also, thank god you finally released a Vashal :)

Vothsair Overlord (UD):

Whew, looks like a bit of a beast. Follows the conventional Vothsair pattern, which is a bit boring, but warlord on a demon looks very scary. And AOE shrunken is ridiculously strong. Again, makes it very hard to 1-round him. He's even a (kinda) alt dmg type. He hits stuff hard, he's hard to kill, he's melee, and he's pricey. What else did we expect from a Vothsair I guess.

Etherielin, Sokolov, Drache77 and 3 others like this.
  10. Tweek516

Would Elder Vampyre be OP with consume over blood rage on UP2?

Why I think he should have consume over blood rage:

He suffers from something that @kalasle summed up far better than I did:

"The weird interaction between Siphon/Strength hurts him... As in, he needs the most healing when he is low on life, and that's when he has the least damage to generate healing."

It's just an awkwardness in his otherwise very interesting design. Consume would give him some healing, and it definitely stays within flavour.

Also, blood rage is so clanky on him. It's ranged 1 when he's ranged 1-2, and the 8hp loss is anti-synergetic with strength of body.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

you cant deny st are really strong right now and many are playing them ff and split, lots more than in the past. i think the borderguard elites and frostwing glaves etc were beating a lot of players and turning them to play st.

12. Tweek516

Glaive isn't even that good, and borderguard is fine now they've removed equalise.

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

ST has been really strong and frost amp has been on the same power level for the past 2-3 years. Not sure what changed, I'm guessing the old meta got nerfed and ST just rose to the top due to it?

davre likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Nah, sok redesigned frost amulet and made it ridiculous

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Yet it was still ST strongest theme before that.

Tweek516 likes this.
  16. Tweek516

Yeah, exactly.

17. Chris

general damage nurfs across the board, this now means where before you would finish a champ with a 10 damage spell is now not possible. The 10 hp bonus is now worth more. Same reason SL is strong also.

Etherielin and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  18. Braxzee

where are these just 10 dmg spells? most exceed that plus some sort of condition on top of that. All the factions have spells over 10. If 10 extra health will help you win then play ff st or play SL for dmg reduction. Every faction has a good bonus to create synergy and strategy. I know FW players cry about theirs, and I hope they get it changed. Lower CDs with the ability to generate nora quickly is a great combo for attrition which counters SL and ST faction bonus. Playing against good FW players they start to out number you quickly while you are hoping for champs and spells to come back off CD.

19. Braxzee

lol glaive and border guards are not tough. They are ok. Is it being abused in SP splits? I would say yes it is. But then run dispel, remove from play or combat awareness and glaive becomes harmless or any other hunter slash bounty hunter champs. The ST/SP hunter/declare hunted bg is a high risk high reward type BG.

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

A while ago the Arroyo theme took some really hard nerfs which might have been justified at the time, but since then the removal of surge has severely weakened the theme which I think has led to overnerfing them.

Would it be possible to revert some of the changes or just give some small buffs to champions like Riftlord who were hit the hardest?