Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Known issue.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Good thing to put a pin in, if soultap ever gets a buff as a theme for sure. Currently balanced by power of theme being low imo

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Talked about it a bit on the FW forums, but I think looking at Soultap as a theme in the way that people usually want to in Pox is a mistake, in part because it's fundamentally crappy at being that kind of theme.

4. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Condition based themes and modules are a thing Sok has been pushing for some time. It can be made to work if you stack those turds high enough.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Interaction between start-of-turn cleansing and DoTs is a bit weird -- maybe something to note for the back burner.

Karamasov likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Will probably never be addressed. Order of operations is something deeply ingrained in the Pox engine and there is no real way of making sure everything has its own place without rewriting core parts of the engine. It just was never designed to handle so many things.

7. Sokolov

I wouldn't say I have been pushing those as themes. It's true I like them as modules though. In general, I think mechanical interaction like these offer interesting deck building opportunities.

8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, stuff like what you did with Illuminate and Branded is what I'm referring to where you can run it for some combos or go full Heajmac and try to make a deck out of it because you're a broken husk of a man with nothing to lose.

9. Thbigchief

- Someone is playing my song ... what so I'm not supposed to make a whole deck based on "Ironfist Exploit" , "Chillshard/Psychic Anguish" or "Pawn" ....?

10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

There is nothing autism cannot accomplish if channeled properly. It is the ultimate force in the universe.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Thbigchief

- :rolleyes: Remember when ADHD was just "dumb" and SAD (social anxiety disorder) was just a"loser".... man those were the days... now look at what this forum has accomplished.... in spite of all that.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight, better figure out what makes them order, then.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Was there really no way to do something about effect resolution tiers during the Java < Unity switch?

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

If you're gonna let people run 2 Gravewatchers, make both the reanimated and the watcher not drop globes before people start using it on Coragh.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Coragh doesn't drop a globe; people are already using watcher on him.

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I've only seen people use it on Maidreth and other 80+ nora units and she leaves a big globe. Globes FW will always get because lolDespoil is many a balencd ruen. Warding to prevent Coraghspam is literally there just to prevent people from casting Reanimate on him and I have no reason to believe opening the gates for double gravewatcher shenanigans won't result in the same game breaking crap we had even back in pre-revamp times. Either you do something about Gravewatcher or you switch Warding to Pariah on Coragh, but that makes him 7 nora cheaper and over efficient.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Coragh doesn't drop a globe because his spawns replace it, regardless of whether he is being reanimated, is what I meant -- champ specific.

Yes, warding is probably there to stop Reanimate, in lieu of eternal.

I don't see what making a second gravewatcher runnable would do to all of this to make it different from how things are now? Could you elaborate on the network of interactions you're picturing?

18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Back when people could run 2 Coraghs(and very few could even afford to, mind you), people were willing to cast Reanimate on him as to always keep the guy in play. Double graves simply brings back the same thing albeit slightly harder to pull off in virtue of having only one Coragh slot but since he has lost Myhtical and goes on cooldown immediately when the first form dies regardless of whether he reanimates or not, it still does in theory lead to the same scenario if you run the pieces. The Gravewatcher/reanimated guy globe is just icing on the cake and nora globe inflation is one of those things I don't expect double or triple digit IQ brainlets to understand so it is not worth discussing at this time. Otherwise, Restless Souls or Graveyard wouldn't create real units.

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Speaking of cooldowns and reanimation as well as spawns and Bane Shift, rider units are inconsistent as hell. Older units don't go on cooldown until the second form dies but most new ones do. It's onconsistent both for single spawners and and multi-spawners like Moga Hunters. Hell, just recently, I started noticing that Bloated Toad's Boghopper spawn is real and has a cost greater than 0 but doesn't drop a globe like it used to yet some other riders do.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not finding a record of a version of Coragh without warding, but I'll take your word for it.

And no, I don't really see how a second Gravewatcher in a deck does the thing to which you are referring, the value of which I still don't exactly understand. Is your basic argument that Coragh is such a great champ that keeping it out on the field all the time is presently an exceptionally good thing to do? How does a second Gravewatcher improve that in all but the most marginal ways?

I don't follow where you went with talking about nora globes, and your suggestion that Exhume prevent the target champion from dropping one.

Restless Souls doesn't make real champions.

And yes, all the various rider inconsistencies are quite frustrating and it would be great for that stuff to get cleaned up.