Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Why keep nerfing UPS? Nobody runs it as is. It could at least get Resistance Electricity or Immunity as compensation for taking twice as long after this. Alternative, ignore themacca and kalasle when it comes to defending their FW toys.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the reason people aren't running it is because there's a perfectly good cheap champion in SL that does the same thing but doesn't kill itself.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, and crate says it's getting removed from all champs. It's getting removed from all champs and the ability itself is also going from CD 4 to 2 because it hurts kalasle's feelings.

4. themacca

yes, it's going to CD 4 because when it gets removed from champions people will start running UPS instead. global relic wipes in 2 rounds shouldnt be possible for 35 nora

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

It's a very niche rune in 1 faction that almost nobody ran before champs had Overload. At this point it's literally just FW players crying about there being counterplay to skull of decay, ut and other crap.

6. themacca

right cause we've all been up in arms about how overpowered backlash is all these years right. Really wish us FW players would shut up once in a while about how backlash is demolishing our precious tombs

7. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Exactly.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So there is a lot going with the relics but it all kind of ties together.

Specifically with the Trigger, he actually has RELIC Overload, which is 0 AP and CD2 global 10 damage for 5 nora, so that's patently ridiculous regardless of context. So that's going away and what was primarily complained about from kalasle.

I'd like to use SEISM more on champions, but it's fairly oppressive right now so that's part of the impetus for the change.

DMR might be correct that UPS isn't really worth nerfing, but during my review of all this relic related stuff I decided I didn't like it at CD2 still. Maybe the rune needs a buff or some other feature now, and that's a reasonable discussion.

Though out of curiosity, when was it nerfed last time? I don't remember ever touching this rune at all, but I can't remember everything :( (Note: this isn't intended to be an argument for or against nerfing it)

Anyway, so the overall changes are likely to be:
    • General HP re-alignment away from random numbers (e.g. Nora Mine at 25 HP?)
      • Mostly 20 HP for combat relics
      • Some 25 or 30 HP for "tanky" relics
      • Mostly 15 HP for backrank passive relics
      • In general, Relic HP will be reduced on average, which means all else being equal, all anti-relic abilities get a bit (though probably insignificantly) better
    • Seism adjustment
      • Damage reduction
      • Nora reduction
      • A few more sources of Seism (including the aforementioned Trigger)
    • Arctic Wail, Overload and other anti-relic abilities may also see some nerfs

9. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

hey themacca don't forget that UT is terrible. I suggest that we buff it.

10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I think it used to have like resistance electricity and might have even been cheaper. There used to be a champ with the ability too, think it was Archileoss or something.

@Dagda
    @MovnTarget
    @Destorum

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

How cheap exactly is Fleshweaver Witch gonna be after the change? Imo at her lowest build she should be at least 75 nora; offers way too much utility.

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Sokolov What if UPS had storm acolyte? That way you don't have to buff its HP, right?

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I agree maybe reduce its nora cost to 30.

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

If you want to hard counter counter nora, people can run Backlash and people are ok with this. If you want to get rid of equipment, people can run Disarm, Shatter, Corrode, Loot and stuff which people are ok with as well. If you want to counter summons, you can tech in Ravenspeaker, Cyclops Ritulist, Yobanchi, Swarm, Bone Circle Staff and all kinds of stuff which people are OK with because summons can be really oppressive and deserve counterplay options. But if you want to counter multiple relics that are annoyingly positioned out of reach from you to the point you basically have to win the game before considering going for them, sometimes even accounting for Seism, well, then you're Hitler and should stop posting apparently. There's hard counters for almost everything in this game. Deal with it, kiddies.

Alternatively, if the issue is that shits over all relics, then just make it more focused like "closest enemy relic takes 10-15 electricity damage" and keep it on champs at the same cooldown. That way it will stay useful but won't come out and destroy everything. It also gets rid of the awkward self relic mutilation going on.

DiCEM0nEY and MogaBait like this.
  15. themacca

I actually support this change tbh

16. Sokolov

I don't mind Seism being single target and Overload being global. I just think global at 0 ap and 2 cd is silly.

If overload is reusable single closest then it'd have to cost more than new Seism, but i could see it working. That said global reach closest is pretty weird for a champ ability. in general that is not how champ abilities work.

17. Sokolov

Oh, I just remembered. Another reason I am also looking at Overload is because a new relic has it in the next expansion.

18. themacca

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So wail killing all relics at 25 amped or 50 nora is good design?

Overload killing all relics for 30? 40?

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

can we stop with code text, I stop reading the moment I see it.
    upload_2017-11-13_22-37-49.png