Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

thats the point. In the descripition of the ability it says that it does that but in reality it still does. Storm reader is literally and figurtavely broken. Also i'm trying to create a template so this effect can be transfered to other themes.

Like fire reader or posion reader

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Stormreader triggering off Jolt is intentional and the description of the ability does not say anything that would suggest otherwise:

"The first time each turn an enemy champion within 5 spaces takes Electricity damage, this champion deals 8 Electricity damage to that champion (ignores DEF). The same champion cannot be damaged by multiple copies of this ability in the same turn."

The targeting of this ability is fully explained by the text. It can be damaged once per turn by Stormreader. That's it. There's nothing complex about who it will hit. Each champion can be hit once per turn. If a champion has already been damaged by Stormreader on that turn, it cannot be damaged by Stormreader again until the next turn.

So if you want to know if a champion will be hit by Stormreader? Just see if it has already been damaged Stormreader that turn. If not, it can be hit by Stormreader.

(As long as it is in range, of course, but that should be obvious.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I think that is the issue, it shouldn't trigger off jolt, or should deal less damage if it remains the same. you drop a lightning storm for 28 dmg per unit in range of stormreader before I can react/deal with anything?

Woffleet likes this.
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I was never confused about how it was supposed to work, I just think it triggering off Jolt is a little too much.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thank you Sok and other people for the Acid support this patch.

I want to review a few champions that could support the theme and diversify our choices.

Serpent Fly: With the tone down of Hunters, it isn't a freasome beater anymore, and it's survivability wasn't improved a bit. I would drop 1 SPD for 1-3 RNG and either +DMG, +HP or -N, favoring HP.
    Cobra Spitter: Scour (2) to base, Blind and Multiattack (1) to UP1, +1DEF +3HP. Or something else, but remove Multiattack (1) from base. I see it as Multi 1-3 on Beasts, and a more versatyle treat on Acid.
    Myx Spitter: Remove Dissipate or increase it's HP, cannot take being efficient at melee at 38HP, 0DEF.
    Skywing Acidcraw: Unclock it's UP2 so we can include him, something like Acid Acolyte would help a lot with it's survibability. As a unit meant to be at the at the frontline, it isn't a treat nor tanky enough.
    Homicidal Thug: I believe the new Mutant Drake it's a preview of the new Mutation rework. But if not, I would like it to be reworked on a similar way so we don't rely on charges and open up the upgrade 2 path for something more thematically.
    Draksar Morph: If new changes are pushed up, she could be one big of a support for the theme. She only needs a less costly upgrade choice in UP2 for those playing cheap or don't needing a costly support.

Acid Storm: Not worth running even on an Acid dedicated deck. Burning Sands does it's job much better. Mainly Scour overlap kills it. Can something be done to at least make it an option on Acid themes? (pure Acid and Myx).
    Kiss of Vex: There isn't a scenario where it's second part could be useful. Anyway it has been said many times, those spells are flawed on all wrath factions.
    Metamatic Backlash: Remember to revamp this spell when charges are reworked (if them are).
    Vex Cor Pram: It's AoE it's too damn short. Maybe increase it and cap it's damage?

Hear to Gnash: 25N for Amplify Acid (8N) not worth it even on a Fire/Acid deck in my opinion. Dunno how to slightly change it and make it useful at it's cost.
    Quarry Mark: 25N for +4Dmg to a single champion, from a single champion, man it got nerfed. (not acid related but sustained some beater like Serpentfly).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. Sokolov

I was responding to this post:

7. Sokolov

It was already nerfed in such a way to KEEP it triggering off Jolt. This is the intended behavior at this time.

Bondman007 likes this.
  8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can we give a centaur rune bastion of mobility. with all the blitz/bold it seems like mobility is a really critical ability for them to have which is painful for a theme which is mostly 2x2s

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Woffleet, Goyo, potatonuts and 3 others like this.
  10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Sok can you plz remaek fire volatility so it is the same as stormreader except for fire? I miss ember wasp and would prefer he become a fair and balanced rune instead of what he's had to endure as a result of the current fire volatility.

Gnomes and OriginalG1 like this.
  11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

people complaining that stormreader is too strong/unfair on jolt and you want a fire version? Fire dmg/charred is so much more splashable that would be insane.

What's next, one for physical dmg and rend? One for magical dmg and we get a magic dot too? Not every dmg type should have every ability in the same way every theme shouldn't have the same interactions.

Goyo and Qucas like this.
  12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

If Sok likes the ability as is then he should have no problem splashing it around the way jab and amp have been.

Maybe if you ask nicely you could have a magic reader too.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is an aweful sentiment that completely abandons any conception of "theming" or "restraint." Just because an ability works well in one particular scenario in no way suggests that it should be proliferated or duplicated.

Tweek516, SPiEkY, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  14. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Totally agree. Dmg types should interact differently.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

To clarify i did mean a theme exclusive version. Not 1 that will give all kf units mobility

16. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Mobility is pretty easy to come by in KF anyway between font bonus and Carnivorous Vines for pseudo-mobility. I do miss Bastion of Mobility on Super Squirrel, but it wasn't really needed.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

I always felt Bastion of Mobility is hands down one of the best abilities in the game, and people arent really aware. Specially on surprise turns, when you lock your opponents ranged unit by engaging, just to see a unit with the ability being drop and you loosing the game right there. I always felt it shouldnt be global, nor affect every unit.

Oh, ok. Much better.

Etherielin, Gnomes, SPiEkY and 3 others like this.
  18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Bastion of Mobility was super nice in my old Timber Wolves deck. The current version of Timber Wolves doesn't work with Grimlic's Mirror so that deck doesn't need Bastion quite as much. Still, Bastion would be nice one something.

Gnomes likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

I think you are vastly underestimating Bastion of Mobility here, and given the fact that you are one of the people with better knowledge of the game, saying people arent aware isnt condescending at all (not that I'd care if it was, but ok).
    If I recall correctly, IS was struggling a lot by the time Baskit joined the council, and one of the first units that got "redesigned" was Griffin Rider, I think, who got slapped Tailwind and Bastion of Mobility.
    That change alone put him on every IS bg x2 and it gave a great boost to the faction - that one ability.
    But ok, opinions differ.

20. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

If players are running a lot of Mobility and hit and run there are some good counters to it. You just have to give up a slot for it.