Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Will worms get some changes/buffs as well with the changes to necrosis or will they become another shoeboxed fw theme like skeletons,liches,vampires or just mediocre theme like witches and spirits?
    Worms cant compete against current meta and if necrosis gets nerfed with no compensation then it will just get worse.
    Atleast FW still got zombies.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Some worms were already buffed recently. Which worms are still unplayable and shoebox?

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  3. Netherzen

Yes,and worms still arent able to compete with meta.With nerfed necrosis it will just get worse.I am guessing by your reply that worms still stay as is.
    Well it was fun while it lasted i guess,time to find something else to play.

Edit:Worms crutch a lot on necrosis to be competive,as well as overpowered tomb/tome attrition.Champions like bile zombie and blood fiend are strongest asset of worms because of their interaction with necrosis.All worms champions have some synergy with larger deployment zone which makes them good(for example rotmaw creeper with 5 speed and assault).
    I cant really give you some charts or in depth analysis of why worms arent competitve but i do play worms and watch/talk to others who play worms and that is just how i see them.

4. Sokolov

And what are these meta things that Worms have trouble with? It's one of the more playable themes with an extremely powerful racial and it STILL can't compete?

5. Sokolov

If you can actually give me some useful feedback other than "if you nerf it will be shoebox" I can do maybe do something with it.

Netherzen likes this.
  6. Netherzen

I understand that.On individual level worms are just alright/mediocre champions with not much efficiency while runes like blood fiend/bile zombies are just one trick ponies but when these champions can take advanatage of necrosis they become far more competitve and stronger and that is why reducing necrosis makes worms less efficent as whole,not just because they dont get 1 or 2 spaces closer to enermy on deploy,but because the entire playstyle and bg crutches on necrosis.

7. Netherzen

If you know someone who can play worms in limited,please let me know,i would love to see them in action/talk to them,every worms player i know has either given up or been unable do do well with them in meta.

8. Sokolov

Of course it makes them less efficient - it's a nerf. So based on what you are saying then is that the playstyle of Worms is infinite deployment zone expansion? And losing the ability to get permanent deployment zone increases JUST from deploy (keep in mind they are keeping the on kill, which would basically be permanent still as dying would reduce it by the original 1) means the entire theme is unplayable?

If some worms are mediocre, I'd like to know which ones those are, because I have already gone through them and I am not seeing where they are inefficient compared to average meta runes - it seems to me some of the most meta runes in FW also happen to be Worms.

I mean, there's obviously a spectrum, and clearly a meta deck can just use the best stuff, but that is why Necrosis and other racials are more efficient than they would otherwise be in terms of cost to effect.

9. Netherzen

So you say its a nerf,but why nerf something thats not even meta?It doesnt make sense to me and thats my whole point here.A lot of people claim worms are amazing,worms are the next trees,and so on,but no one is able to play worms competitively,i tried myself and failed,i am not the best player and there are many better players but why is not atleast one of them doing some ass-kicking with worms if they are so amazing?They are certainly strong on paper and most people will assume their belief in worms being super strong is flawless and correct,but actualy playing worms is different,its not the same as on paper/in theory.
    The one and only worm used in meta is dusk creeper,and thats because he is a cheap champion with soul collection/forage/fading light.
    I think i am gonna give up on worms because mostly everyone who plays them already has,they are only gonna get worse/nerfed and people will always cry about losing to something that has a different playstyle then they are used to.

10. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Sounds like you're just bad with worms...

11. Netherzen

Maybe,maybe not.Either way the issue here is the competitiveness of worms.But since there are so few players playing them and the number is only lowering,there is no issue,why worry about a theme no one will play?

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I've been playing UD/FW worms and while my BG is not optimal (I don't have Polluted Matyrs) it is competitiveish. I can beat most people but struggle against top twenty players. So not a terrible place balance wise.

It does crutch on necrosis, which I think you'd expect given that is what the deck is all about, and aside from bloodfiend and dusk creeper the other worms range from ok to terrible - it is just necrosis that makes them viable in one particular theme.

My worry is that because necrosis is not just part of the theme - it is the theme - that a nerf there will have a massive impact. This is before any collotoral hits taken via martyr and dusk creeper nerfs, which I expect will happen at some point.

So if a nerf to necrosis does go through, then it would be good to look at buffs to some worms to make them either work better with the new version of necrosis or to make them better generally.

Netherzen likes this.
  13. Netherzen

Thank you for your input,have watched with great interest your games.Polluted martyr is no longer a worm(which i mentioned many times was a big nerf for worms)so i am not really sure if one can really think of him as part of worms anymore,the only nonworm is bile zombie who earns his place because of double death nova and he is more of a "spell" for worms then a champion.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Sure, but Martyr is still a standard include in a worm deck, i assume, thanks to initiative. So if it gets a nerf it would still be a nerf to worms.

15. Netherzen

I guess so,martyr is is still worth it in worms bg because of how amazing it is,its probably one of the best fw champions duo to sheer efficiency.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Im 100% sure this Hyaenids change will bring further imbalance to the game.
    Also, "theme" equips is rather funny, because there are no themes being ran.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Well, guess I just can't keep quite anymore.

First many players do run themes. I have ONLY played the lonx them for the last few months. Sorry I am to much of a noob for you to count as a player though since I only started 6 months or so ago.

Second, I have been here for 6 months and I have seen one player say they are quitting the game or simply doesnt play the game for 6 months. You must have been a worthwhile individual before since all the old guard seem to have some odd respect for you but as a newer player, I have only see you praise your own ideas on the rare occasion you give any substance of feedback and consider EVERYONE else below your level of greatness including Sok. You treat @Sokolov like garbage and yet expect him to listen to you for some reason and the guy is SSSOOO nice he does (though less and less I have seen). Sok needs to be allot less nice.

Also when I started there where allot of these old timer players who did nothing but complain. @BurnPyro, @Baskitkase, @h0spy, @SPiEkY...ect and though they all still do complain at times (there are justifiable reasons to complain), they also add something that contributes to the conversation and positive feedback. All you do is serve as a distraction and add nothing to the conversation.

Since I know my opinion means nothing to you as I am beneath you, I expect no reply. Just had to get that off my chest. Good day!

18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i run firks, goblins, minos.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I complain when complaining is justified. I give props when it is deserved. You probably got unlucky and joined at a time when Pox wasn't the best.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes, you are correct @xezno , your opinion means nothing to me.
    However, just to clarify things to you since you are new and all, I have had my share of helping Pox plenty, and did it for the love of the game. I helped Pox on crucial times when developers were changing and whatnot, and asked nothing in return. I did that for almost 3 years, just for the love of Pox.
    I helped people being positive and whatnot of the forums, and praised for their patience and good will towards other players. Know what I got in return? A handful of free runes. People would bash me behind my back by saying "oh ST is OP Warfoot is a zealot and only advises on benefit of ST", and would never realise how I was spending my time, for free, to help our game. Im done with that.
    I just got tired of it all, I do not care if my messages are harmful to more sensitive ears. I will be speaking my truth on subjects, though, no form of bullying will stop me from that.
    You are too wrong on Sok though, I like the guy and wish all the best for him. But I like Pox more, and will continue to talk about what I feel is being done wrong - like this hyaenid change.
    Also, saying "I play a theme" isnt really relevant to me, because you can play with any rune, build any type of bg and say "oh that thing aint bad, I play it". What interests me is the competitive level.
    Good day to you too.

Edit: just a little tip for you, if you are getting bothered by my posts just ignore me, Im not offended. Just dont come acting like a paladin of justice because I have every right to speak my mind.