Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Aye, mostly around 1-3/1-2 with Stitched Colossus rocking 2-5, with Blindfire we have Bowmage at 4-5, AoI at 3-4/6 and Prodigy at 3-8. Out of those 3 BFire champs it's only really Prodigy that causes issues, which can be sorted by simply removing Surge: Enemy on it's U2 path. Also as I pointed out both AoI and Bowmage are hovering in and out of the shoebox atm and so it'd be a nice buff to the pair of them.

Oh and Blindfire allows the champion to target ranged attacks against champions which target them as long as it's within the champions Min/Max Rng.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Woah, take a breather, Sok.
    I think you are mistaking me with poltroy and the likes.
    If the forums are annoying you, take a break from it. Dont take it out on people who do nothing but help you. My question was, simply, a question.
    Jeez.

Sealer0 likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I was just confused. The question didn't make sense :D

Sealer0 and Etherielin like this.
  4. Molosse

"Come on you apes! You want to live forever" Sergeant Rugal, IEF, Last recorded words before entering the Myx Hive.

Thbigchief likes this.
  5. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I guess this is the place to bring this up;
    I have issues with sporegill.
    Issue 1; Co-operation on base. This is wasted and is nothing but a sandbag.
    Issue 2; Forced to choose between ally:FS and poison cloud.

Proposed changes;
    Ally FS to base; this replaces co-operation as a sandbag (for ff) but still has use in a niche.
    Co-op removed.

I considered requesting Choking stench on upgrade path 2 since sporegill is squishy but my main beef was that I can't run him with ally FS at all since all of his damage and utility comes from poison cloud.

I also have requests for spark crone.
    Can we make her a more theme enabling rune? Right now she can sort of be in-between two themes.

Proposed changes;
    Upgrade line 1 changed to jolt 1, jolt 3, surge; kanen.
    Upgrade line 2 changed to Storm accolyte; pack mentality; Paralytic feedback

Now line 1 is dedicated to offense and line 2 to defense yet both have theme-enabling options as well as options that will allow this unit to work well on its own. paralytic feedback might be a bit much but I couldnt think of anything else

I would appreciate feedback on these proposals, the ones on the crone are a pipe dream but the ones on sporegill are my greatest desire.

SlickDragon likes this.
  6. Rokkushun

I also forgot to ask if skills like weary/delibidated were supposed to not reset the condition duration on another hit from the units with these abilities since they didnt used to but when the revamp hit it changed.

7. Molosse

See I can't really think of any champions that relied on Arctic/IS Bonus, though feel free to correct me people. And I have the same argument for KF in general. Sure, there's some outliers, but for the most part the issue with Arctic/IS Bonus was that it provided extra ap ON TOP of already fine and runnable champions.

I'm seeing a move back to 5spd Support champs and 6spd+ Combat champs and I like it. If the ST/IS playerbase wants to make a list of champions they feel are now unrunnable with the changes then all power to them.

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'd like to know it this is WAI, too.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, that's what it means. And no, it won't be free.

Etherielin and Pedeguerra like this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally, Pack Mentality doesn't fit on Spark Crone. None of the other Crone Witch Kanen have Pack Mentality. Only Kiergana has Pack Leader. I don't like Paralytic Feedback on a champ with a DoT, I'd rather see Imparing Feedback. What about this instead?

Upgrade line 1 changed to Supercharged 2, Surge: Kanen, Elsari Coven.
    Upgrade line 2 changed to Charged Electric Bomb (doesn't currently exist), Paralytic Feedback, Forsaken Exploit

11. Rokkushun

forsaken exploit and coven don't feel right since it's sl/sp, that would make it a "tri-faction" rune really, and I think charges would just complicate this unit for no real reason. Hell lightning storm sounds better than charged bomb. I included pack mentality because it has a real low mana cost so if people want efficiency they can pick that ofer the other two as well as it being thematic (albeit slightly)

12. Molosse

Oh. Rapid Attack, if used first, is still off the attack chain.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally I don't like them.

Every time I play a training grounds game to get the gold for the day, I'm disappointed when my opponent has an avatar. I feel it gives an unfair advantage to players that have avatars in what is supposed to be a controlled training environment. It punishes players that haven't bought the avatars. I only have the SL avatar, and I often use the Training Grounds games to play the dailies for the factions that I don't play, KF, ST, and FS.

In regular games, I haven't often seen games where the avatar makes a difference, other than to prolong the loss.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'd like someone to explain to me how I can choose the abilities on those thing.

Am I missing something or since the DoG revamp it's all ****ed up.

SlickDragon likes this.
  15. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

When you can buy avatars for gold the argument that avatars give an unfair advantage is dubious at best.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In regular games, I agree with you. However Training Grounds is where new players that want PvP are expected to go after they complete the tutorial. The BGs are controlled to keep the game balanced, so why wouldn't the shrines be kept default to balance that aspect?

A new player shouldn't have to take time to spend 5k and level avatars for each faction they want to try out, just so they can have an even playing field.

17. Molosse

As I said. I feel that they add another layer of risk/reward to the game. Well, at least the KF/ST/UD/IS ones do, I feel that the SP/FW/FS/SL shrines are somewhat unecessary, sure the Avatars are big beefy champions in the previous examples but unlike the first set they don't provide a global benefit which can, if used at the right time, be a game changer.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That's one account:

[​IMG]

That's the other:

[​IMG]

I must be super dumb because I'm not seeing anyway to change this in the rune manager.

SlickDragon likes this.
  19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Side topic, Rapid attack...who chooses this upgrade ever if given another option? Who is happy ever when this ability is on base of any champion?

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

But on the 4 abilities you "level up" on Avatars, you only have access to 3 at random? What the hell is that?