Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

The exploit here is with SP FS/FW builds that use Possess. They already have walk-offs with that ability, but now if they can not walk off, they can just hit the enemy with basic attacks from their own units while they collect nora because the champ was not their own and thus minimize the original 25 nora cost with enough hits. But maybe that is just a combo benefit I guess.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so we are back to having hot fixes for balance issues yes?

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, lets certainly hope so, because one of the main things that drives people away is unbalanced stuff running around (see Bouncer again, for example).

4. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

I dont know if this has been brought up yet but Bloodbow infantry only has 1 upgrade in its first upgrade path, or is this intentional?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Regardless, you're only paying 25 nora upfront for a spell that works similarly to battle fatigue, with more options for the opponent.
    In some situations it'll work out terribly when played poorly. But on certain maps where camping into big clashes are the norm, chaining these 5 cd babies seems a bit too much.

If anything, it could have a camp at say 5 procs per turn. Or gen less per attack, dunno. It just seems incredibly potent in the matches where I force you to fight me with camp vs camp and just swim in nora.

I am a more camping based player, or at least a more cautious into slow player one. So there's some bias there, as I encounter these matches more often that the average player I'd say.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is intentional. Just something I am trying to see how it feels. It may or may not stick.

7. Sokolov

I can definitely see how having it up permanently becomes quite a different thing.

8. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of less upgrades with more thought. More upgrades become less thought by default. So many champs only have one good build because of this

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Cool, that's all I needed. Rest 'sup to you.

10. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Am I the only one to find the description of "Dreamblossom" a tad confusing?

KingJad likes this.
  11. Pedeguerra

To be fair I thought a plethora of these new runes VERY confusing. Id be having a hard time as a new player.

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

dreamblossom is worded poorly

13. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Ohh was wondering when this crate thing is coming up.
    Expansion was not that bad , see IS and ST lost racial and font ap (well at least IS was compensated for it) that leave only KF with 8 speed champs ,and im not going to even talk about state of KF or that SP 70 nora fesh that one shoot any small champ for 4 ap.
    Guess stuff like that needs to be ignored so couple of ppl closer too fire can be happy.

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ST was compensated +1 defense on snow +1 damage on ice (snow and ice may be reversed)

15. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Any way that was not the point of my post.And change if it must be done im fine with it , but why no change in KF ? 8 speed is normal there for ppl that said " font capture on first turn is OP nerf ST and IS" ? Its fine as long as its KF i guess

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The issue is ppl don't know what to replace it with. It has been stated repeatedly by numerous ppl that it needs to be changed, sok included.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Sokolov

It's that, and the fact that KF, more so than IS/ST has had the bonus as an integral part of their champion identity/design, so it requires more consideration. But it is on the block, I'll add it to the list.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Sokolov

This is being adjusted.

19. Pedeguerra

How would people feel if the bonus gave a DMG boost like the UD one? Except that could be something like: "if champion has a max range of over 4, it gets +4DMG", or something like that.
    I always saw KF as the range faction, not the fast faction.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Do we really want KF range to hit even harder though? 20 damage mena seems like a no no

Etherielin and KingJad like this.