Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Do not quote me, but I think the (perceived) problem is her cost combined with 8 spd on FF KF. Picking BotU and ignorance cost her at 77n, so is not that hard to deploy her on first turn and follow with some cheap grunt on the next. Nectar fairy, by example. Granted, she can achieve 8spd on FF FW too through witching hour.

If I nailed the problem (which indeed can be quite annoying to face), then I would suggest to wait before taking any action. At one hand, BotU is under review, so if gets reworked or plainly removed, that may affect which upgrades are commonly selected on the EWS, increasing her nora value; and at the other hand, KF bonus is also scheduled to be revamped, so that could address the problems with the EWS without having to directly nerf her.

Although, if the EWS have some other issues, I have no idea what they could be, or how to fix them.

Is kind of sad, you know? She always have been average on the powerscale at best, and for some time after the revamp she was shoebox. Heck, she does not even appear on the latest meta report. However, it looks like earning an indirect buff (reducing the nora cost of soulstrike) is just too much and she needs to be brought into line.

2. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

[02/06] Stitched Librarian - Detection to base? Rework upgrades to allow Teleport and Shatter?
    [​IMG]
    hype boys

Kampel, Etherielin, Lushiris and 3 others like this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It actually does appear. It's under the SPLITS section tho - second most used split rune after Cleansing Emerald.

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I know iv seen that gif somewhere before..
    Anyway its great that stitched are getting much needed utility,hope they drop nora hex since stitched are meant to die and this doesnt go well with charge system.

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Can voltaic slag get illuminate instead of sunder?

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I vote for cripple.

This is as funny as it is disturbing.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hey Sok, I see you are thinking of reducing the cost for Purified. I think it is definitely over costed at 8 Nora but 3 nora sounds too low. 5 nora for Purified is where it's at!

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

For experimental Warspirit... if 8 spd is the issue with FF kf then maybe try reducing his speed to 6.

As for the Doom spell what % would be considerate?
    Also would it be easier to simply change the short lived granted to rank 2 (not 1) instead of coding in the nora % return?
    My only concern with the % return would be avoiding interactions with Backlash.

9. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

I read this crate thing for the first time, I agree with all of the things said. I either have a problem with or have something to say about the things above though
    angels-please dont make them unplayable :p slow them down, lower their damage and range, but also lower the nora too please :)
    aquatic-adjust certain runes that seem to be overbuffed since water is alot easier to generate these days
    deploy-this is probably about keeper, if you're going to nerf him reduce his cost too please and fix yetis. More specifically, YETI AVALANCHER
    purified-kinda a big cut in cost on that
    contain- maybe make it 15 hp? otherwise it's a 1 shot deal and too easy to counter with positioning of the excess ap that wouldn't be used
    void shield-change so that DoT's don't proc it please
    FW-seriously have to do something about UT, % nora refund is just extra crazy. I just ran nora link for the first time against FW today, that nora is C R A Z Y. UT is the perfect nora gen for FW

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You want to make Unholy Tomb 15 nora cheaper and half the amount it gens? Sure, I'll take that, it's not like an accidental buff.

11. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

spoke to some people ingame, this is the idea for UT so far

50 nora, 2 damage and 2 nora. Instead of it being global, it affects champions within 4 spaces of any of the owner's champions. Occurs at end of turn

This way nora isn't being generated from anywhere, and only when they're engaged in a fight where they need nora to start summoning when stuff starts dying. Also, the damage helps a bit. Being at the end of the turn will help FW position it just like for chopping block.

Kampel likes this.
  12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@heroex7777 LOL I misread your suggestion. NVRMD

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The UT idea is neat, but I'd recommend thorough testing and discussion before something like that gets put in the Crate.

Also, Backlash damage to shrines: how exactly is that going to work?

14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'd assume it's for things that don't have a source, namely spells that it damages the shrine.

Now backlash does nothing against a marsh song, if it were changed I'd assume that backlash would now dmg the shrine.

15. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

[02/04] Nora Induction - Nora to -4 from -6

While it is nice to get an initial "discount" of a few nora, make no mistake this is a real downside. Not so much on the suicidal UD Neferi Schemer (who may well merit a nerf, but focusing on Nora Induction is the wrong approach) who steals nora anyways and is intrinsically flimsy(rendering the downside not as crippling since if its not around for long then you got a nice initial discount at little cost), but on Grintmaw Flamehurler who can be around for a while with his Rock Defiance brethren and decent range, the downside can be pretty severe. -6 is the perfect spot as it currently stands, granting a reasonable discount for an ability that will punish you for as long as the unit is alive and attacking. -4 would just be insulting, since even a single douple tap in its first round of combat will already put you facing negative net nora with future attacks. This already is an unpleasant ability to swallow (giving your opponent nora should be anethama to most) even at the fair -6, and at -4 it will be little more than a joke.

One last point to consider is that The Ronin is already experiencing nearly unparalleled nerfs and shoebox treatment to it's runes, which has likely been felt by DOG at the pocketbook. After all whats the point of spending our hard earned money buying Ronin boxes when everything interesting and playable is being gutted or has plans to be neutered in the coming days? At least learn from Bonds where only after it stopped being the $$ only expansion did its runes get eviscerated ( Fist of Bastion, Mounted Hawkmaster etc).

16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Sounds good but has it been discussed the range? range 4 seems short for FW with their slow melee zombies and the lots of rangeds they have.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This change should probably be done carefully. There was already some speculation in guild chat about how to make Shrine-snipe combos with spells like Banish.

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so wait a minute. if this crate thread is the 'ronin edition' does that mean they start from scratch each expansion? alas long term goals!

19. Sokolov

I just move them over.

20. Sokolov

Hmm, I have to disagree here with "nearly unparalled nerfs and shoebox treatment." I am not doing anything different than I have in the past. There's been ONE balance patch since the expansion launch. It's not like it's changing every 3 days or anything. Nothing has been nerfed for almost 2 weeks now.

Additionally, the runes that were nerfed largely still appeared in the meta report over a week later (with, like the Bloodbow, still highly utilized).

And there was numerous buffs in that patch as well.

Etherielin likes this.