Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

dont forget courage for 19 damage

btw, klub is weaker than talgar, he's 2x2 and has 2 base def

buff zeventrich

2. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

I'm referring to chase runes like Aurora Lancer getting ravaged (besides the triple nerf from blind duration decrease, losing blinding, and nora increase) and nearly entirely losing built in design synergy with things like Lightseeker becoming little more than a joke now. Also new spells like Nora Weave and Stasis Shield were pounded, as well as over a dozen more Ronin runes getting nerfed. Will there not be satisfaction till every new rune is nerfed??? I've heard from Moles that numerous Ronin runes already got the Emergency Prerelease Nerf Treatment like the joke Silverclan Purger, but maybe those runes need official on the books nerfs as well? Give Ronin some breathing room, its been just a couple weeks, and focus on the plethora of shoebox runes and underpowered factions that need treatment.

Many turns later?? If it's nerfed to -4nora that is just 2 rounds of combat (3 total attacks) before you are already in the negative, so as early as the 3rd turn post deployment. Any turn of double tapping will automatically give back the discount to the enemy Ad Nauseam for as long the champion is around.

Well ahead?? In the best case (or worst case scenario) where you get off no attacks whatsoever you "gained" a 4 nora discount(assuming the outrageous nerf happens). The words well ahead aren't even applicable to a measly 4 nora discount.. 95%+ of the time this will be a net negative nora ability at -4nora, so the words well ahead are even more off. Things like the nerfed Marsh Song give drastically worse returns on nora investment, the opponent should be thrilled to reap 2-4 nora income a turn for the initial -4nora investment, it even makes unholy tomb seem like a ripoff by comparison.

IF there is even a discussion to be had about Nora Induction (there are hundreds of things that seem more pressing to focus on than this), it's if the discount should be greater (-8 nora seems right), since -6nora is the bare minimum to even make it slightly worthwhile. At -4nora I'd rather not have the ability at all since the downside would clearly outweigh the positive, and it would be almost a relief for the nora induction champ to die (which means that the desire to run it in the first place will be nearly non-existent).

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If you want me to take you seriously, statements like "triple nerf" won't get you there, especially on a true that still makes numerous appearances by top players.

And other statements like suggesting a 5 nora increase on Nora Weave is "pounded" while ignoring all the runes that got buffed.

As for "emergency prerelease nerf treatment." Yes, indeed, this is called internal balance before release, which all runes got.

And again, there has been ONE balance patch. You act like we've patched 3 times and nerfed dozens of runes each time.

Add to this there are multiple stickied threads devoted to buffing runes... and well, you sound just a bit unreasonable.

Anyway, I could go on, but suffice to say that unless you start talking reality instead of hyperbole, I don't much point in continuing this discussion with you.

Shimaru, Pedeguerra, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  4. Sokolov

6 nora now is better than 6 nora later. It's not a difficult concept.

Netherzen, JellyBerry and Etherielin like this.
  5. Sokolov

Like hell.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can we get a Dwarven Windfury rework?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What would people think of something like this?

Proposal 1: (Cost estimate: Mid 70s)
    • Range reduced to 1
    • Dodge removed from Base
    • Zephyr Shield added to Base
    • Sunder removed from U2
    • Stun moved to U2 from U1
    • Arrow Throw 3 added to U2
    Proposal 2: (Cost estimate: 68-72?)
    • Range reduced to 2-4
    • Damage increased to 11
    • Archer Foe added to base
    • Arrow Throw 1 and 2 removed from U1
    • Dodge 1 moved from base to U1 (Default)
    • Dodge 2 added to U1
    • Stun moved from U1 to Base
    • Sweep moved from Base to U1
    • Sunder removed from U2
    • Windstriker added to U2 (Default)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I understand the nerfing of tundra whisperer, but can it be outfitted to were it is still playable? Flight make sense but the other options are not very ST like. Chill, snow strike, frozen are some basics for upgrades. Grant frost Aura would be cool or throw snow ball or something.

9. Braxzee

I can not remember when the last time ST got a spell, relic or equip worth playing. Containment Unit is the last thing that comes to mind. The new Sapphire catalyst had some promise but ST had crystallize, frost acolyte, ice eater and frost resist removed on a bunch of champs to make it worth while. Not to mention not a lot of champ options that could relocate relics. Just overall I would like to see more speed debilitating, freezing, chilling, slowing, impeding, and crystalizing. You know like ST Stuff :rolleyes:

10. Braxzee

Oh and when you do crystalize an enemy champ it can still attack you :oops::confused:

11. Braxzee

Please fix Blinding reflection. It still does not remove all conditions or any conditions. It is an EXOTIC Spell that has been bugged since its inception

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Snowkite Messanger is a nice equip. Worthy in Lonx.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I definitely like the 2nd one more. But I don't know about Archer Foe. I'm not really fond of the "X Foe" abilities, but it would be really interesting.

14. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I like the 2nd option, IS could definitely use an archer foe

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Again, Tales of valor is another 25 nora, but the problem is the spell not the champ.

Klub has 2 def, but equip gives him tough 3 which is better than +3 def. And he's way cheaper than talgar.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This, so much.
    Personal experience (bias involved): all the games I played with ST this weekend seemed like a battle uphill, because frankly there was no way to keep up with things like SP or draks or zombies or anything that is mostly between 60 - 70 nora. I dont really enjoy games like that, but hey, it is how it is. It seems that meta has shifted indeed, and while there is a clear benefit from the revamp - games are slower now - I dont think I like this one dimension game Pox has become of deploy deploy deploy.
    On that note, a vast number of heroes seem somewhat too cheap for what they do - can we expect the nerf hammer to hit them soon?

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

1) Buffs? Really? I thought we were at a point we needed to tone down the most egregious champs or at the very least get the nora cost formula working properly. Or, better put, I dont think its time for a round of buffs yet, and I feel its a bad move.

2) Blizzard Cloak: who is making these suggestions for you, Sok? I mean, firstly, there are a couple of other hidden spells that are way powerful than the Cloak, and are not dependant on something happening (ie, being on snow) for being hidden: Poison Trap (35 nora), Whispers of the Mind (35 nora) and Righteous Deflection (35 nora).

So, at 30 nora, it may be 5 nora undercosted, but in no way warrants a nerf to an effect that is totally controlled by your opponent. I mean, you attack once, you miss, you stop attacking (much like RD).

If you are sold on changing it that much, you should consider nerfing the other ones as well, for consistency sake.

narvoxx likes this.
  18. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Some thoughts of mine.

Superior Tinkering: make it grant a HP buffer rather than flat HP increase.

Shimmering Wings - could go to CD 3 (its effectively a 3-5 range attack with poison, that can double hit)

Disease DoT - grant healing deficency rather than inhibited (IMO it has probably the most impactful DoT side effect). I think the Fester ability should be the focus of true anti healing. I would even be OK with Fester getting a shorter CD and Duration, but being coupled with defiled to make it more notewrorthy.

Harb - IMO need an efficency tweak. Maybe I am wrong, but I always feel drawn to them when considering a BG. Solid HP and DMG, greate Speed and RNG. OK cost, and minor utility with init. Flying + init + range is an efficent combo.

Skeezick - some need to be looked at cost-wise. It is possible to run 8-10 sub-60 Nora champs (several at the 50-53 range). This is actually on par with Moga I believe.

Spark Curse - I actuall do not think it should be global. I know that defeats the original intention of the runes ability combo, but it gives everyone with jolt a mini sunder etc. Something like "start of turn AoE 6 of this champ, jolt champs get cursed X".

Drown - needs a heavy rework. Major limit of FS water, which impacts one of its themes. Drown could give a refund, or, drown could give lumbering, defiled and a steady HP loss (like the fesh from SP) while in water, at a cost drop of course.

Rockforger - I think the Genesis abilities need to have their spawn rate dropped by a turn.

New IS troll dude with slam - I would suggest a cost increase of his ability that ups dmg. Impact? Not sure on its Name OR a cost increase on impassioned. I think it is too easy to get "free" stats.

Generally, dissipate and its reverse ability (as above) should have their costs adjusted dependeing on a champions range. Like -3 Nora per 1 range above min.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Grintmaw Gravitone is too cheap for how hard he can hit.

20. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think buffs are good. There are a LOT of champions who, atm, just suck. Buffs help increase variety and choice.

And I am not fully convinced of your comparisons, as I feel there is a significant difference between providing wide reaching protection, limited protection or disabling one champ that they do not take into consideration.

What I mean by this, is just because RD is 35 and hidden isn't, in itself, sufficent for me to think BC should be the same because I feel there is enough difference in how they impact the game for differences in their application to exist.

With that said, RD might be a rune that come a more detailed spell revamp needs to be looked into, as the old justification for it is lost IMO, given that IS now has a lot of good ranged units.

SlickDragon and scrampy like this.