Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

Hey Sok is back. And Lonx are OP as Firk! Ahh good times! ST on top once again and forever, yeah!

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Quiet you, you is gonna get all my stuff nerfed.

Poxlife likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Bruh let me go abuse Lonx and Firk real quick

4. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

I refuse to play lonx as long as lonx bounty hunter stays at current state.

Poxlife likes this.
  5. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Minor thing but forsaken exploit could also be worded a bit better? I'm still learning the language so it might make sense but it's kind of confusing which unit is gaining the bonus. I mean it can be assumed because it would be silly if the attacked unit gained it but still.

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Contagen. Why was it removed?
    (May i ask)

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Concerns I've gathered so far:

-Elven Bureaucreat doing Mage of Lament's thing too much;

-Amethyst Wing granting others Vaporize in a full Sigil deck may be a bit too strong but hard to tell atm;

-Main concern revolves around Stasis Field:
    • Stasis Field + Frigid Barrier is a very specific but potentially very powerful interaction
    • Stasis Field + Moragen the Lost (and Soul Reaver)

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Range tooltips (hover over) do not properly display the base amounts, they only say the max range currently and do not display minimum range at all.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Sok, am I crazy or there's a buttload of price reduction that didn't apply on certain champs? Or are those change valid for upgrades only?

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

stasis field + bane blast 70 nora crazy combo

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You are not crazy. Cost changes that affected BASE abilities didn't get them necessarily. They will get in soon.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Uhm. Read Stasis Field carefully. About 5 times. Seriously. If your English isn't good, google translate it both word by word and as a whole.

Hint: the Stun is applied at the beginning of your turns. Which doesn't make it such a crazy combo.

13. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Did experimental warspirit get the cost reduction for ditiuss kw/fw?

14. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

It feels like a bummer. At least if you're going to not add an upgrade path make it the 2nd path so that I get a little perk for hitting level 2. Something that allows for no ability with whatever -nora that'd be would be cool as then maybe it Bloodbow could be run with Hit & Run and still be under 70 nora

15. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just a quick question. Is there ANY chance to remove faction bonuses at all and just replace them with purposeful built in design differences? It would seem to save everyone a lot of work/headaches in the future. Anyway yea yea unrealistic blah blah.

p.s. Race and to a lesser extent class consolidation/reworks are also something that might help out down the road. Barbarian to class for example or not letting a unit have 3+ races/classes if they have any impact on design/cost.

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

FW bonus mention?

Also Here are a few things I've noticed so far:

Domain: DMZ is buggy as it won't apply unless the unit moves into the DMZ. IOW if you cast a spell or shade strike you will not get the benefit until you move.

It also seems a lot of the cost ability changes haven't gone live yet.

17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Elsari Coven is still miscounting witches.

Everytime a witch enteres a DMZ it counts units with coven only.

18. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Post-expac: Might be nice if IS got a font bonus that isn't 100% useless in PvE. Boxing an entire faction out of the most popular part of the game seems counterproductive. Just sayin'.

Also wouldn't hurt to give us access to our gold bonus tokens.

+1 for themes.

19. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Hey Sok, just thought I'd mention. I'm loving the new expansion but I can't help but notice that Coven Claw, which is now a staple for witches, has elsari coven not on base nor upgrades. I know there are a lot of champs that don't have abilities similar to their name but it makes a lot of sense on her and synergises with her current abilities.

Cheers for hearing me out.

20. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I'll take another look at this tomorrow, I think I may have misread the description when fixing it :S