Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

*shrug*

It's looking like it'll end up being SPD buffs in general, mostly to SPD 5s. IS/ST had some SPD 5s that were runnable because of the +1 AP they could get, which is why they are specifically cited, but SPD 5 is an issue across the board for most factions.

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I love how kf gets speed nerf on faction bonus, while st and is gets speed buffs. Lol kf is firked finally. Good excuse to finally quit pox maybe :)

3. Sokolov

Except that both IS and ST already had their SPD bonus removed. And KF would get the same SPD buff treatment as appropriate when the time comes - AS YOU WELL KNOW.

Etherielin likes this.
  4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

If its only a buff for 5 speed KF champs they would all be shoeboxed without the bonus. I think many KF players would quit if their bonus got nerfed, not something a small game like Poxnora can handle.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The majority of factions have had their bonus changed in the past. Some multiple times. The game is still here.

6. Vorian

Yeh but there is a difference between losing 1 speed and losing 4% of your faction refund to when the champ dies. There is also a difference between losing 2 nora every turn and losing 1 speed. There is a difference between losing 1 damage and 1 speed.

SlickDragon likes this.
  7. polltroy

Game is still here but many players are gone. Im thinkjng back to the times i quit and why i came back. Each time i quit it was due to some nerfs that made it impossible to play like i had for months before. It just killed the fun. Each time i came back it was by chance, not because skme buff or aome balancing or some expansion. Just by chance. So yea, i think its possible with each major nerf, they lose some players. I know Only left due to the revamp and he was really into the game. Im sure many others left too. How many came due to heavy balancing?

Im not saying balancing is strictly bad, but do it carefully and devs, consider not just your old guild mates and faction friends, but also all thpse others who likethe game by some reason of their own.

SlickDragon likes this.
  8. polltroy

Yea the issue here is not some small change of number, but its forcing all kf players to change strategy of how they play. It may be the only reason they choose the kf faction 5 years ago or so that is now taken away from them.

SlickDragon likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[InsertMorpheous] What if I told you that SP once had a bonus that was completely different and they had a font bonus almost the same as the new proposed KF faction bonus? :cool:

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Except that they will be getting a new bonus, not just having it completely removed...

I mean, if you were being truthful, you'd be comparing, say losing 10 HP to losing 1 SPD. No faction bonus gives +1 DMG right now.

11. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Ah much better. Good change then!

12. polltroy

Only problem with the new bonus is it forces kf to play passive like the rest. Of course some kf players already play passive, especially the top ones. So you dont get so much complaint from them.

13. Sokolov

You have consistently failed to adequately convince ANYONE of that. I am not even sure you know what passive means.

ChiaoLung, SPiEkY and Etherielin like this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am still befuddled as to how the proposed change does not encourage offensive play. It lets you spread quickly and reinforces your pushes into enemy territory. Since it isnt AP gain it does nothing defensively except maybe letting you engage to protect so e ranged units.

15. Vorian

I was referring to changes in factions bonuses in the past.

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I didn't understand what you were saying, then i saw "show ignored contenet"

17. Sokolov

Exactly what I mean. You are comparing changes in the past to COMPLETE REMOVAL of the KF bonus - which is just silly.

Etherielin likes this.
  18. Vorian

Which is why removing KFs bonus is not going to be the same as adjusting other faction bonuses. Its going to completely wreck the faction! Its going to create a balance nightmare with your proposed change. Unless they get something like +3 damage for ranged attacks and +1 damage for melee, they are going to need super op champs to compete. Dont forget how this change is going to impact veterans as they learn to adapt to a new system.

SlickDragon likes this.
  19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS had its font bonus changed. Something that slowed down its early game a lot. It changed the way the faction played. It survived just fine and is still considered a solid faction.

20. Vorian

1ap and 1 speed are completely different!