Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can't really consider PvE mroe popular than PvP and vice versa.

2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I think it's fair to remove mass immunity skill such as construct immunity and elemental fortitude.
    This will leave people think why ghost is still where they are, or at least make physic could damage them (as discussed during Q&A)

Vex got hit pretty hard and Instead of all charges, maybe lose 1/2 or 1/3 of the remaining charges?
    Or as previous suggest, reduce the rank on deploy charge and revert the spring back to original state.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

After the changes to damage bomb:x, I think you should consider removing the ranks and leaving it at 75% damage, and reducing it's cost a little. -2 nora for +1 cd is a nerf, and bombs weren't that strong to begin with on champions without a ton of damage (not Vindrax).

This has hit a lot of SL champions which didn't really need this kind of a nerf.

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Please don't change Grimlic's Mirror, its part of many hilarious Split BG's. Don't ruin my Lightning Elemental BG please. Thats all I ask.

5. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

So you're changing creep and crawl which remove spiders multi attack which makes them unplayable?

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No... it'll get Mountaineer instead of Clear/Climb.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Yes, actually, I am going to make a post about this later.

Sirius likes this.
  8. Sokolov

The goal is to not to have to racials on everything for it to work. When we review Witches as a whole, we can decide exactly which ones should have Elsari Coven.

9. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

I'd like to bring this Bug Report relative to Verdant Promise on the radar, as it causes a server error and is potentially abusable.

10. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Stasis is such a draw win spell. Run chronomancer or any champ with high mobility and stasis is an auto win. Remember ST's Patience spell was nerfed then increased to 50 nora. The nerf reduced the time and it had to be a targeted spell. Stasis is a cheaper version AOE with dmg to boot and it only effects enemy units. When patience was for 4 turns everyone was like nerf it (at least you can not dmg them). Freeze in place is 45 Nora and the enemy can still attack you at least and no dmg. We nerfed the Ferren to not be able to have Stun in their hit tree and we now have a 5 turn stun dmg 8 on auto.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  11. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Tundra Whisperer Could you please give it more ST themed upgrades? Chill, frozen, grant frost aura, majestic, or council of the spells.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Couple things: the stun doesn't take effect until the start of the caster's next turn; it does a total of 16 damage if stayed in the entire time; it lasts for 2 rounds of influence. The spell is strong - perhaps over powered - but keep in mind its actual function during a game.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Why was Elemental Warmage made a paladin? He's clearly a wizard, he brings nothing to paladins. Wasn't really played and will continue not being played. Guess I'm just confused.

14. Sokolov

So it kind of was decided before me, and I just let it in.

My understanding:

Axeman was a Paladin, it got removed.

There is a Paladin public deck. People suggested the Warstaff becomes Paladin to go in it (which would also give Paladins some alt damage).

Seemed ok to me?

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Speaking of Axeman, this is almost certainly going to be part of your overall look at the themes, and probably is not even a big priority, but it seems odd that the Axeman lost Paladin and is still covered with upgrade paths that are geared towards hunting undead and demons.

16. Sokolov

Which I don't necessarily have a problem with. Pox differs from standard fantasy lore in many respects.

It is also not without precedent. The Ghoulhunter has never been a Paladin (that I am aware of), originally spawned an Undead champ that he literally hunts, and currently has Hunter: UD, FW and Unholy.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well thats a reason, I was mainly looking for a reason. I have no inherent problem with it and I just don't want the unecessary passing out of "hi, welcome to paladin" tokens - which I know you are not the type to do that. Paladins have some utilities they could use and/or existing modules that could be expanded, if anything were to happen it would be good if we took that route instead of the axeman/warmage path.

@Thbigchief that should clear it up. =)

DarkJello and Woffleet like this.
  18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- While Im fine with him having stuff cuz we don't follow standard lore in pox... but its harder to sell since he was just a paladin with these abilities following the lore of standard fantasy abilities. So when he lost paladin leaving the ability set feels an oversight...even if it wasn't. This would be a good opportunity to just fold him into the equipment theme as his gimmick is related to an equipment. Or he could fold into the drunk theme and make him a brute. Currently he is just good cuz meta stuff.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  19. Sokolov

He was responding to my earlier response about Warstaff becoming a Paladin.

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah im agreeing with him, just quoted him to add to the point for you...but it looks off I guess Ill add your quote first. So directed to you I get what your point "could" be about axeman if he just was designed with those abilities and never had paladin...but he did have paladin and it just got snipped so in this case for the purposes of convenience it seems like he's being used as an example of "we don't always follow typical lore" but he actually was a paladin 2 days ago.

- As for Warstaff being a paladin...ehh who cares as stated it doesn't make him OP because he "might" have +1 dam and 5hps... or get burning crusaded etc. Might make him playable for fun tho