Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, running some numbers and looking at it. Lexicon has a few caveats that stop it from being straight OP, but it's a swing-y rune. On something like Elven Archer, it's totally possible to setup 50 dmg barrage from 7 spaces for a pittance of nora. Can be done blind, at that.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Not sure how easy/hard this would be to code but what if once the mirror was used, the spell was removed from the runedock and the champion that was mirrored was put in its place? This way it is a one time use but it allows a champion to be pseudo 3x in a bg. The spell would just scale with the price of the champion but have a min cost 80.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Understood. I do feel like it completes the whole purpose of having an upgrade slot to begin with if that's the case though..... but I seem to be the only one who thinks so

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'd rather not have the upgrade listed at all, but it looks bugged/broken if I don't have at least one ability in there.

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Gotcha.

One last thing I have to say about it. On the Bloodbow Infantry the first upgrade path is the path that only has one upgrade (bleed), whereas on the Dark Familiar it's the second path that only has one upgrade (Elsari Dusk). For people who are still leveling up their champions (didn't use Tokens) this could be a little frustrating, seeing as for the Bloodbow Infantry you have to get it all the way to level 3 before you can choose a different upgrade as opposed to the Dark Familiar where you only need to get to level 2. To me, it seems like if you want to make a champ with only one upgrade path available, the level required to unlock that path should be consistent across all champs with this design.

6. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Is it me or Stasis Field is pretty much unavoidable? I can't get a million relics to put in font zones back and forth to not lose control over it. It makes the process of hoarding fonts way too easy, especially since you can no longer contest with relics. Champs are not even worth sacrificing either because the nora trade off compared to baneblast kills is too damn high. Maybe a cannot be casted on font zones clause would suffice?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Cannot target a font directly" would clean this up and solve the problem. Could still deny a wide swath. Or just change it to AoE2, like Blaspheme.

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Still wondering why the hard hit on Vex's Divine Wellspring instead of lowering the ranks of deploy charge she could upgrade.

Even if it must be hit on Divine Wellspring, it could do a lost 1/2 or 2/3 of its charge or reduce the effect area so Vex couldn't just sit back and let all live?

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The funny thing is that the abillity itself got a nora cost hit of 5 nora, so vex is actually complete trash now.

Good riddance.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

By hit, you mean -5? That's alright: she's cheaper for a Surge build now, which might actually make her a semi-viable combat champ with lower ability ranks.

Or - checking the numbers - not. Ble. Still, -5 is something.

11. Sealer0

What surge build? She can only choose from surge:2 abillities, she doesn't have anything else. It's either a surge build or a surge build.

What am I missing?

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Perhaps Surge-play would be more accurate. The canonical way to play her is as a flying relic. Was thinking combat might be more viable, but still just a bit too split on priorities to make that work. Dangerous, though.

13. Sealer0

So use her as a big, low range rumbler, gotcha.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, pretty much. Slower out of the gate, and more expensive, but with more durability and some extra utility. Eh, maybe worth messing with at this point. Dragons should investigate the tech available, even if it looks bad on paper.

15. Sokolov

The cost was reduced by 5 nora.

16. Sealer0

Yeah, that's what I meant, I just worded it incorrectly.

It's a really terrible rune.

17. Sokolov

Your sentence doesn't really make sense, since the second part of the sentence is written in such a way to imply that whatever was in the first part contributes to the conclusion in the second part. How can a cost reduction make something complete trash?

Anyway, doesn't matter, just bad English I guess, and Pox has plenty of that :)

18. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well they -did- say the original revamp was just the skeleton to be developed and built off of and nowhere near what they wanted the game to be

19. Sealer0

Hey, I just said it was worded in a wrong way!

If you replace "so" in the second part of the sentence with "but" and if you perceive "took a hit" as "been reduced" it starts to make sense!

20. Sokolov

I see the light!

Etherielin and Sealer0 like this.