Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Not sure if this would be a good idea or not, but here goes. What about adding Reinforcement 1 and Short Lived 2 to the Mirror clause? It would require that it be used within a theme rather than just as wanted and would prevent the champ from staying around terribly long. Alternately Reinforcement 2 and Short Lived 1 for a slightly stronger start, but shorter duration. Both ability sets cancel each other out (mostly) in terms of cost.

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Sorry, does this mean that Channel: Damage will go from being a 5 nora ability to a 0 nora ability?

3. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

Regeneration got buffed (particularity Regen 2 and Regen 3), however Plant Regeneration, a very conditional Regeneration, remained untouched. Please change the costs accordingly: Rank 1- 2 Nora, Rank 2- 3 Nora, Rank 3- 4 Nora, to be in accordance with the Regeneration changes.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This.

Molosse likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Plant Regeneration is already cheaper, and it keys off multiple terrain types, all of which are fairly abundant.

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

As much as it pains me to admit it, as I would prefer the Boghopper Toad to continue in his current glory, it seems that you missed poison cone having a 2 turn cd instead of a 3 turn cd. Hopefully this knowledge will allow you to ensure that you can properly examine the units with poison cone in FS when you do your eventual theme review.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  7. Sokolov

Thanks!

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Also! Elven Bureaucrat seems a little too inexpensive for the sheer amount of stuff he provides. Ignorance + Stall + Hex 3 is a really strong crowd control suite for <60 nora.

Similarly Aurora Lancer seems to be too strong right now. With a pair of them out or another source of blind, which you provide plenty of in the set, you end up with a situation where they are continually speed 11 and can teleport around the board with impunity. Who cares about formation and threat range or running away when they can almost always be on your face.

Also, currently Aurora Lance is ignoring arrow eater and absorb. Karmavore identified this and we tested it and determined it was the case last night.

9. Sokolov

We are aware of this.

Etherielin and doubtofbuddha like this.
  10. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

There seems to be a small issue with Majestic sticking around after the source has been removed. For example killing a Starshine champion will leave Majestic 1/2 on the champion benefiting from Starshine and I've seen over similar effects when Majestic champions are relocated away.

11. Sokolov

Yes, that has been ticketed for a fix!

12. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Grimlic's Mirror - Currently removed from rank; Cap at 90 Nora or 1 Mirror'd unit in play at a time

If you really must nerf this (please dont), I would suggest something like this instead:

Option 1: reduce cost and put cap. Preferably cap at 95 or 100, then reduce cost by 5.

Option 2: reduce cost slightly and put cap that you can have max 3 of the same champ out instead. So you can make 2 copies of one champ, but you can not have the 4th out. this way you still can have good use of 2 mirrors and you avoid meeting 4 Champs of the same.

13. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

OMG SOKO I AM PROUD (Tears*)

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So you mean an IS player casting Stasis field on his own font? so you can't contest it with a relic and won't go in with because he cast stasis? seems odd play. I'd rather drop it on an enemy font.

Sealer0 likes this.
  15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Thinking more along the lines of middle font contesting. In a map like IS Mountains losing the contest for the duration of stasis gives a massive advantage to the opponent, since it doesn't affect their champs they just stay in, kill the relic and gain control of the font while stasis field is still active, so the next turn if I want to keep contesting I have to put my champions in which in most cases means I lose it with little effort on their part. I believe this spell even affects incorporeal champions so there are very little measures to take against it.

Sealer0 likes this.
  16. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Grimlics mirror spitballing;
    Turn it into a illusion-based relic/equip for example; Friendly units gain X stats/heal for X for each friendly illusion that shares a name/race in play.

Keep it a spell and "give target champion spirit projection and it loses any basic attacks. The manifestations have 1-1 range"

I dunno just ideas that sounded fun and interesting.

17. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm thinking it be more of a mid font issue.

IS guy gets there takes font casts spell. Other guy wants to contest but can't use relic so he faces stuns.

Sealer0 and JellyBerry like this.
  18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I see, yeah I see that scenario or casting it over enemy font before contesting. What if it paralyzed and got cost reduction? or is that abuseable in a different way...paralytic etc?

19. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Its not so special spell, its similar AOE and cost and effect like the desert blind spell and the KF pacify etc. There are lots of "copies" of this spell idea.

20. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

The problem is not what the spell does per se but the ability to cast it and completely cover the font zone. Paralysis is barely any different from Stun and the spell is "40" nora. Never mind the fact that it triggers at the beginning of your opponents turn and said faction happens to have a spell that hits double the damage on Stunned and Paralyzed targets.