Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Not ever rune that was viable before the revamp needs to be viable now. The important thing is that the factions are all viable at top levels without relying on overpowered runes. As more themes get attention, it will be more important that themes are viable at top levels instead of just meta.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I understand your POV but disagree with your conclusions and specifics.
    1. I have not been ignoring it. Anyone who has been following the forums and patches would know that. It isn't happening as fast as anyone would like, but ignored is basically incorrect.
    2. Not exactly sure what we are talking about here, but tons of stuff have been "indirectly buffed."
    3. DEP needed nerfs, just like many things have been nerfed.
    4. Except they aren't shoeboxed. The nerf to the Bloodbow barely affected its usage, Schemer is incredible as you well know, etc.
    5. Again, you can accuse me of various things, but ignoring people and suggestions is not one of them.
    6. All Angels needed nerfs; they are incredibly efficient. Even after this they are still probably over-efficient.
    7. Also, where's the love for fixing Voidraker's graphical issues? :D
    If you have specific suggestions for the runes you like, feel free to post them here or PM me directly as well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Sealer0, Sirius and Netherzen like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't even really agree that UD Angel is getting a nerf. Looks more like a buff to me

KingJad, Qucas, Cydna and 2 others like this.
  4. oivey1

oivey1 New Member

Are there going to be any changes to non-angels champs with intensify after the nerf goes through? (ie. Vashal Vicar)

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes.

6. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

So happy about the prestige change, maybe it's just because my faction has none of it. :D

I've never been happy about Maxx, a rework would be fantastic.

About ToB though, I think it needs to do something else completely. Let's look at the funky flavour text:

Seems like it would be a relic that you pop down and affects the champions around it positively and negatively.

Temple of Brutality
    Relic
    25hp

35 Nora

This relic has Incoherent Babbling
    All champions in aoe ? have escalating rage.

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

At the risk of being yelled at (please don't I'm very sensitive) does anyone think Stealth is a bit (big) of an issue? I mean, it represents no risk whatsoever to the unit using it when you can stealth, let the cool down run, do whatever it does and stealth again. It's also an ability that requires me to draw certain champs/relics/equips to counter and once I lose them there isn't much I can do but pray I catch them with champs or AoE thingies.

Maybe a rework so the cool down starts running when the unit is destealthed as opposed to what it is now? Or any other suggestions maybe...

Just throwing ideas, don't hurt me.

Pattn199 and blbbrayan like this.
  8. blbbrayan

blbbrayan The King of Potatoes

I agree with Jelly, #Supported

9. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

Without reading 79 pages, what's the reason for the 2 unholy damage from Consecration being dropped, and Desecrate still doing what it did? Just wondering if I missed something.

10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Agreed. More anti-stealth units, spells, artifacts, equips, abilities?

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

How would Assassinate interact with your views?

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So. If Stealth gets moved to 3cd, would it be adverse to suggest Assassinate get moved to 1cd?

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

With the ability to stealth less often, Assassinate -an already questionable ability to make proper use of- also gets hit a bit. Even on a cd of 1, it would still require an outside source of stealth, and different strategies to make full use of.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You say that like Assassinate is bad.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

No. Assassinate is a very powerful ability.

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

make it so it can only trigger once per turn

17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about murk/cloak also make assainate abusive?

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

what if stealth still showed where your unit was but could not be targeted by ranged/spells until you activated an ability?

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You could only Assassinate a second-time only with another outside source, and investment. That is even assuming you were able to pull it off the first time, and the enemy refused to re position properly.

I can see how this would be a very, very powerful, and obscene thing to consider currently. So I will let it slide, and forget about the idea for now. It was only in relation to Stealth being harder to access on the champ itself that needs to use it, and that suggested change has yet to happen anyway. It was purely theoretical.

Assassinate champs have a gloriously wide target on their back the second they are deployed. With global effects, detection, bombs, and other AoE sources, it is relatively simple to find them. Once you do it is all down hill from there.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Correct me if I am wrong, but Murk does not prevent damage from showing up on the combat log. So if you randomly hit them. Even though they are not Stealthed. You know without a doubt they are not currently positioned on the other 95% of the map.