Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Replacing Commander with Instigate and removing Race: Beast.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Any thoughts to add commander to another vashal champ or just removing it from the theme?

So are all pet champions losing the race of the pet?

(Sounds a bit challenging I think, wasn't meant this way, just wondering:) )

3. Sokolov

I haven't decided re: Commander, but Instigate still amps DMG so it shouldn't be a huge difference.

And it's the trend, though in some cases it's unavoidable due to the way abilities currently work.

4. Tweek516

Ah okay, out of interest what's the motive behind the change?

Edit: The change from commander to instigate I mean.

5. Sokolov

So I can remove Race: Beast and still keep the interaction with the Pet.

6. Tweek516

But, unless im mistaken, there won't be any interaction with the pet with instigate once race beast is removed.

7. Sokolov

You are right. I forgot Instigate got the race/class clause.

I was looking at some old notes for the Vashal when the Vashal thing was brought up and noticed the Ranger listed on there to be touched. I knew there was a reason he was still Race: Beast.

8. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Could skirmisher be taken off Take Root? I believe the only problem was Gnarlwood Launcher, so why not just give him skirmisher base instead?

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Just my opinion, but the Seeker abilities ( Truthseeker, Soulseeker, etc) are crazy. 2 AP for a 6 space gap close that also grants a huge buff..., they get run in their respective themes so soultap/branded/faithless/whatever is easy to come by.

10. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The bonus is not really very good, its more like a way of justifying the +2 ap cost to use the ability. The ability would be much stronger if it cost 0AP and gave no spd bonus. The way it is now it avoids a lot of shenanigans. For example reinforcment champs dropping in and having threat ranges of 10 or more tiles. That is unhealthy for the game.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I dont think Seekers are inherently OP. It's just annoying that they've been put on units that can proc their own conditions indefinitely (through Psychic Anguish, Quest Crusade's Inquisition, etc.). It was fine on Aurora Lancer whose proc ability is CD3 or previous ver FW spirit dragon guy who requires your opponent to attack him.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The Pygmy Hippo from Boghopper Huntsmaster doesn't have Amphibious. Not sure if it's intentional or an oversight, but it's a Hippo. Amphibious please.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

How come Tortun Bokor has attack: pistol, if he's holding a sword? Isn't that important, just curious.

14. Anima26

Theyre certainly very strong. Really good abilities. Maybe a little over the top. But pinch of salt needed with my noob opinions.

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Around 30 years ago, there lived a noble privateer who was in love with a beautiful woman. After their months-long voyages at sea, his fellow sailors often headed to the bars or dice halls as soon as they disembarked, but this Tortun always went immediately to visit his lover who lived in a harbor town. For as long as these voyages took, this woman would wait with patience, never straying, though she was so beautiful that she had suitors constantly calling at her door. In order to pass the time, she would sit at her loom and weave fabrics of the most incredible patterns even though she could afford only the dullest and coarsest thread.

Over time this Tortun woman began to be recognized for her skill in weaving and soon businessmen were coming around to make deals and sell her wares on foreign shores. Her tapestries became so popular that soon her name came to be known all across Mal'jara and even the races of Poxanthuru sent ships across the ocean to buy her products. In time a handsome and accomplished Draksar general came to visit the woman. He asked her why she was unmarried, to which she replied that she was waiting for her true love. The Draksar attempted many times to court her, but to no avail. She always turned him away.

One day the privateer landed at the harbor town and, not knowing of his lover's newfound fame, saw with surprise that men were waiting outside her home. Growing suspicious of the woman, he did not immediately disclose to her that he had returned. He waited until nightfall and then approached her home under the cover of darkness. There he saw the Draksar general leaving the house with gifts, all dressed in finery bought from the weaver herself. The Tortun, convinced of his lover's infidelity, flew into a rage and rushed into the house. Before his sweetheart could even rise to greet him he pulled out his pistol and shot her, killing her instantly, and then tore her house apart in fury. He broke the loom and even ripped down the tapestries on the walls, such was his anger.

When morning came the Tortun began to reconsider his actions. He looked at the tattered cloth around him and saw a chest beneath his former lover's bed. Inside he found one last tapestry, the most beautiful of all, embroidered with the colors of his personal sigil. With this tapestry he found a note from a local magister who had apparently assented to preside over a wedding. Where the groom was mentioned the privateer recognized none other than his own name.

What happened then, none can say. But legend holds that the devs left Attack: Pistol in place as a permanent reminder to the Tortun Bokor of his mistake.

iPox, IMAGIRL, Anima26 and 6 others like this.
  16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Bell, I really hope you do the short story contest

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I've always loved Sonic Elemental; bias incoming.

Can we add Teleport 1 or 2 to base, and change its UP2 to Sonic Aura 1/2/3

I'd suggest the removal of Iron Will, but it makes sense that the Sonic Elemental not be distracted.

Edit: It's flavor text screams for Sonic Roar. Heh, puns. No? I'll stop now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  19. Anima26

I remember hearing that there will be some focus on split faction runes in a future expansion. Can we get a new Hoarfrost champ :eek: :D
    I would love that. Or just another FW/ST undead unit would suffice. Might aswell make it Hoarfrost though, White Walkers are OP.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Next expansion pleeeeeze make the mid term Li'lim. He doesn't need to be a hero, just a good Ranger Archer. In fact, the legendary rune could just be named Generically, with a Lim reskin version of Lilim.

Anima26 likes this.