Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I mean, it wasn't meant to be a counterbalance to the nerf in that sense as I think if you take Devotee on these champs you do give up other useful abilities. So I don't anticipate it will have a large balance impact, but it will certainly expand the potential options for the deck.

2. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think the new Delim Champ is quite playable. Many of the others are a bit expensive for what they do, but we can't all be running FS meta champs. :p

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The new one is amazing in theme.

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Lorewise, I would have thought the 'of the circle' champs, by definition, are not devotees of de'lim.

5. Sokolov

You could argue one of various things:
    • they were Devotees before they went through the Chains' empowerment process
    • they aren't Devotees by choice, but become "radicalized" when they go thru the Chains' empowerment process
    • they weren't Devotees before, and aren't now (i.e. they are just being used by the Devotees)
    Thematically for gameplay, it seems like having the upgrade (even if players don't end up taking it) will make them feel more like they are part of the lore that created them, even if it's somewhat ambiguous whether they really believe in the cause of their own free will.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Patch notes? :D

7. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Just a thought about empowered: speed. Consider making it so it drops after X amount of AP spent rather than after X attacks. Will also let you put it on more supportive champs

8. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sokolov, for this:

Stitched Seamstress
    Default Cost to 71
    Starting Abilities: Attack: Physical, Stitched, Charged Heal, Reconstruct: Mangler, Reclaim Remains

:) :) :) :) :) :)

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Why does the sheoul firebow ability cost 5 AP? is it because of the possibility of surprise ranged attack or the additional attack damage. i cant really see why it should be the only psuedo range attack in the game that costs 5 ap instead of 4 when it has no additional properties

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Because it was from a time when it was one of the few ways for UD to get a decent ranged attack.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Courtesy of @Hiyashi

Snaptooth - Remove murkwater frenzy from ranged Snaptooth?
    LONG-TERM STUFF
    This section is for items that are somewhat longer term.

Summons - No longer able to deploy relics
    Summons - No longer able to have upgrade abilities

[/QUOTE]

Great idea on the Snaptooth. Since all the ranged ones look "shamanistic like", maybe give them "Murkwater Peacefulness" or something, that would give them a support ability. Would solve a lot of issues and could keep the racial flavorful.
    On the summons: implementing those as a Christmas gift this year? :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  12. Sokolov

Credit goes to @super71 for that idea on the Snaptooth.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ifem21 and WhatTheHex like this.
  15. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

All the SL/UD fire theme needs is a UD flame reader and a SL acid reader. I want Wrath to have as many viable attack type decks as Prot. Atm Wrath only has lightning, while Prot has Psychic and frost.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Ifem21, Vorian and Tweek516 like this.
  17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

You are right with acid and fire amp the reader ability would be broken! What UD needs is an equip which amplifies fire damage by 20%, any complaints with that?

18. themacca

Can we please start coming up for more interesting solutions for broken abilities rather than, it doesn't work on ranged champs. i agree that 7 range MA 3 units were ridiculous but really this is the global treatment at the moment for any good ability in pox at the moment and it's basically at the point where it's just going to be something like, all units with range greater than 4 cannot benefit from any other champions abilities

19. Sokolov

MA will continue to work for ranged units.

I am just considering not having the Snaptooth racial give them MA, but they will still contribute to MA towards other Snaptooth that have the racial.

I think that's actually fairly interesting as a racial paradigm.

20. themacca

Im aware of this, this is reference to similar stuff like, all draksar ranged losing violent (yes i know that was ages ago
    , the change to semmirs brew, the suggestion to make all ranged units only benefit from 50% of their faction bonus, perhaps instead it may be a good idea to look at the proliferation of good efficient Ranged units.