Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A problem with Draktooth Rifle is that it has remained unchanged even though other ranged abilities have been nerfed.

CD to 2 and/or +1 ap

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As in, it should.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I have no idea why summon: gatling gun is more expensive than psychic ping. It deals physical (non ampable, good resistance type) damage, cannot move, cannot contest, the target is random, it can be easily destroyed and has 4 round cd. Ofc it has some advantages, but I'd rather have psychic ping on whatever has summon:gatling gun than have the actual gatling gun.

Also, nobody gave a Bane Shift when it was on skeez machinist even before he got nerfed, and I can't really see why it's a big deal now.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

1) For 15 nora Summon: Gatling Gun creates a summmoned relic that does 5 physical damage relic to a random creature in aoe 5 at the start of each turn. If this relic is not destroyed then this means that after 4 rounds you will have another one. And another and another.
    2) For 15 nora Psychic Ping 1 does 4 psychic damage to the creature with the highest hp in aoe 6 at the start of each turn.

As to your arguments
    1) Yes physical is worse than psychic. It also does one more damage than the equivalent level of psychic ping.
    2) It cannot move, but that is only relevant if you are fighting in an area with no font. It is pretty easy to place it in a location where it is going to be hitting something. It cannot contest, but psychic ping can't contest either. That is up to the champion attached to it.
    3) It can be easily destroyed, but that does nothing to the champion that is actually producing these things.
    4) The target is random, but that matters only if their are multiple targets in the area. And even then it is still wearing down your opponent. Psychic Ping always hits the highest hp target, so it is not really going to end up doing a whole lot help you finish off enemy creatures.
    5) This thing Firking snowballs like a boss. If for some reason you can't destroy it than 4 rounds later you have 2. Then 3. And if you combine it with the other things in the draksar fabricator's kit and the stuff that splitss can bring to bear it gets stupid.

And, "It was not complained about before" is not really a good reason to say something is not a problem. What is the expiration date about complaints for a particular rune before it ends up being immune to being nerfed forever?

5. doubtofbuddha

So you want to buff Draketooth Rifle?

6. Sealer0

You mean if the 45 hp champion with no defences and no attack is not destroyed, gatling gun doesn't propagate.
    To turn this around, gatling gun is mostly relevant if you place it in a font ( which it can't contest on its own if summoned), and not so much in other places, because champions can move. Psychic ping champions can just reposition.
    It seems to me that the champion producing them can be easily destroyed as well, but maybe I'm living in a fantasy world. Also, if you kill the relic than fabricator producing them doesn't do anything until the cd is up again, unless ofc you take more than 4 rounds to kill a 20 hp relic. Unlike psychic ping which keeps being a threat
    What you forget again is that the unit with psychic ping can reposition to hit the right target - or you can use an array of tools in FS disposal (undertow, pull, knockback from a bunch of units) to reposition units as necessary. I'm not sure what an SL player is going to do to help gatling gun hit the right guy, or what he can do if the right guy simply moves out of the fire zone. Or deals 20 dmg to it.
    I don't know, I don't play splits much lately. What else does fabricator bring? Draketooth rifle on one unit and stall OR command dodge? Or craft? He really doesn't do as much as you are trying to make it seem. Ofc he costs only 65 nora so he's good at placing gatling guns and giving a single rifle for that, but not much else.

I agree, so let me rephrase that: Why do you think that skeezick machinist should be nerfed?

7. doubtofbuddha

You mean if the champion 40 champion with no defense and no attack is not destroyed, psychic ping no longer works. And each fabricator or machinist drops a gatling gun it is another 20 hps you have to destroy before the direct damage is stopped.

It is relevant in any locationt that you expect enemy champions to be. This is usually a font, but if there is any other place you want to be able to hurt champions or keep champions out of, it is going to do work.

This is true, but the fabricator/machinist does not need to stay up in threat's range in order for its ability to still have an impact on the board. You can drop the relic and fall back, and if they spend time destroying it then you are going to be able to drop another one not too long afterwards. And it is not like fabricator isn't doing anything. It is either dropping down some stall or anti-range action or it ends up equipped with a draketooth rifle (or rock collection in the particular bg that is problematic) and ends up destroying things from acrosss the board.

Sure, though undertow and firk mind shredder mostly don't end up in the same battlegroups. Pull somtimes does, but it is really only on a 100+ point tank (or the grappling hook guy, I guess). Knockback does help with target selection though. And mostly what I have seen is gatling guns just being deployed en masse as a larger mass of pressure. It is part of a push from draketooth rifles and other indirect damage, and kind of stay there afterwards. If someone ends up trying to fight the push or push back they end up getting slaughtered by the gatling guns. Then the push happens again and again until there are like a dozen of the things on the board.

Watch some of kokon3's games. It will give you an idea of what this thing can do.

Because deploy gatling gun does too much for its cost.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

All Summon: Relic abilities cost less than the relic itself - for reasons that I think make sense and are logical. In general, champion abilities that duplicate non-champion rune effects are also cheaper.

So do you think they are all an issue?

Or would you argue that it's simply that Gatling Gun the relic is undercosted, therefore the Summon variant becomes undercosted too?

Additionally, having watched konon3, I actually feel like the knockback/indirect/terrain control damage side of the BG is the real reason he wins. Yea, Draketooth and Summon: Gun plays well into that, but he could pull it off in other ways.

Scouring Jasper will get +5, I have been using it a ton myself. That said, I think 7 damage on deploy and 7 damage a turn is overstating its effects. Though -1 DEF is nice too if you are actually using attacks. All the nora gems got a cost and an HP decrease with the expansion, but this one can probably stand to go back up a bit.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Draketooth Rifle current ignores DEF. Most attacks do not ignore DEF. Ignoring DEF doesn't seem core to the Rifle's rune design. It could no longer ignore DEF, and that would be a good change, and a small nerf.

10. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Did cleansing emerald got a cost reduction? I was praying for -5 on it....honestly i thought -5 on herbal antidote should happen too.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is showing up as 45 nora for me, which is what it has been for a while.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Theyre fine.

13. Sealer0

I'll just reply to this one because the rest of your points I either disagree with (gatling gun doing too much) or don't feel are particularly strong/relevant. I've watched a couple of his games and thought that the deck was pretty bullshit, but not because of fabricator on its own, more because of 42 nora medics with draketooth rifles and terraformer denying a lot of space + the equip that lets you deal 20 dmg to a champion (or 8 in aoe) for epic burst damage. In fact I don't think any of the runes he used was particularly op, maybe apart from medics and terraformer, but the deck was so well made that it looked like a real pain in the ass to fight against.

I also saw him lose to trees, if that means anything.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if fabricators are somewhere at the core of his strategy it is not because of gatling gun, but because of draketooth rifle, which is really powerful for 25 nora.

Qucas and Netherzen like this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Suggestion for Aspect of Divinity:
    • Stationary to base.
    • U1 changed to Teleport 1-3 instead of Divine Favor 1-3
    Would drop her cost about 11 but also remove her ability to self-generate charges.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Qucas and WhatTheHex like this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

To be frank there are a lot of things that I think need work that happen to be in kokon's bg. He has done a really good job of hilighting some of the most problematic (not good, problematic) runes in too factions and really extracted a bunch of advantage out of them. Medic, Terraformer, Draketooth Rifle, Rock Collection, Mine Field , Scouring Jasper, and more I am probably forgetting. I have to give him credit for identifying a good set of overpowered runes even if the entire bg is a steaming pile of awfulness to play against.

I think the Gatling Gun is undercosted yes. It is a ping/stormreader style effect on demand. And while I think the weaknesses it has, which @Sealer0 noted, they are vastly, vastly overshadowed by how powerful a) the impact of being able to drop them wherever. For 20 nora I would run or 2 of them in pretty much every deck in any of the factions that I play. That effect is so, so very powerful for 20 nora, and the fact that with two champions that can plant them and the ability to run two more you end up with entire gigantic fields where if you send a champion in they get pinged to death.

It makes most other dmg relics (except for Scouring Jasper pale in comparison), particularly stuff like tortun land cannon which does 10 dmg, does not ignore defense, and can be ignored if you just walk up next to it.

Are we miscommunicating about Scouring Jasper? It does 4 dmg + 2 dot when you place. Each round after that it hits for 4 + 2 dot. Which I guess is just 6 damage if you stay in it, but that requires you to stay in the aoe. This also kind of just laughs at the other dmg-based relics and even some spells (monsoon I am looking at you).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  16. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, there is a lot wrong with his deck on both the IS and SL sides that need a look at. I stand by my assertion that the gatling gun is too much (I wish I had it in the factions I played), but the draketooth rifle is pretty over the to too

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Diseased gives Inhibited.
    Poison gives -1 Def
    Scoured gives -1 Def

Suggest changing Poisoned to give Healing Deficiency instead. Set it apart from Scoured, and makes it half as useful as Diseased Dmg.

18. Sealer0

Fabricator might still be runnable, regular equip probably won't. I don't really mind, I used it situationally and always consider other options before it.

19. doubtofbuddha

So you want to make it strictly worse disease damage? Are you going to give diseased a cost increase while you are at it?

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

FS, and SL are the primary factions with Poison, neither have mass access to Diseased, Inhibited or Decay. It provides alternatives.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016