Call to war, Darkmarsh warsong, Groble Strike Force, Community Council thread, Poll inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theKraken, Jul 31, 2014.

?

Are these 2 spells in line?

1. underpowered

6.2%
  2. balanced

20.0%
  3. overpowered

73.8%
  1. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

In an era where we are to be paying full price for our champs.

3 draksar footman = 162 nora
    Call to war does this for 80
    aka 120 hp of meat with block and sl bonus
    + surge enemy means you cant ignore them

Darkmarsh Warsong
    167 nora worth of champs
    for 95 nora
    (I subtracted the Removed upgrades cost from warsong)
    137 hp for 95 nora

Just seems like a major outlier on both accounts, Really hate that summon counters need to be auto includes.

Late edit/ title change for necro- for Community council thread
    Edited title to include groble strike force.
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/community-council.5747/

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Just keep in mind, spells haven't been revamped yet.

Goyo likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'd like to note that groble strike force is easily the biggest offender if we're talking spells that summon champs.

Being able to boost 10dam, 4 def, 50hp summons and build 'em tough is awesome.

4. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

I'm aware, I just think its far enough over the top to be subject to an early pass.
    and yeah strike force is right up there as well. Don't know how it slipped my mind

5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wanted to bring this up yesterday, but I didn't because I felt it would be answered by strong resistance and majority trolling.

I am not a fan of spells like these. Sure they are summons, but doesn't take away from the actual champs themselves being summoned. Darkmarsh Warsong and Groble Strike Force are the worst offenders here.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Very true, partially because GRE is extremely OP atm

7. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

This may be slightly off topic, but in dealing with Darkmarsh Warsong and the hp factor, why do boghoppers have so much hp in the first place?? Aren't they this very short race of frog people essentially? They should have 40-45 hp MAX, if that.

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

It's also annoying because it's cheaper than Darkmarsh Warsong by 5 nora, yet gives 3 more HP and much more defense/defensive abilities. Really is silly.

All thee of these spells need a looking at. I think that at most the summoned champs should be summoned with 50% HP, and still might need adjusting after that

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Warsong is the least problematic of the three. The champions are meh, though the stealth factor hurts.
    GSF is well beyond the other similar spells, more hp, more def and horrendous ammounts of buffing potential, finally Call to War is an issue but the generally slower speed of the champions gives you time to make some headway against them on most maps, though as usual certain maps will continue to mess you up.

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

They're all dumb.

11. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I think GSF and Darkmarsh need a hit, but Call to War having Surge: Enemy and access to Quicken/Quickening is way more bullshit in my opinion.

12. Molosse

In today's meta HP and HP efficiency are king, GSF provides well and beyond the most ampable meat for the most efficient means, Call to War has the compounding issues of SL bonus and Bravery as well as providing relatively cheap batteries for the SL Powerturns however as stated their slower speed and relatively low hp means that on average sized and above maps the impact is somewhat muted compared to the issues of the IS bonus plus higher speed among the other summon abilities.

In order of which to nerf I'd place it:
    1) Groble Strike Force
    2) Skeezick Revolt (Make them summons, +5/10n and drop the Draksar Hunter to call it a day)
    3) Call to War
    4) Darkmarsh Warsong

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Skeezick Revolt isn't summons? Yeah, that could be troublesome.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It never was. So is the Drak Hunter with Hunter : Skeez the opponent gets.

rofl skeez

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Garr123

I dunno, I'd rather deal with the other spells because they're meat but Draksar footman can pretty easily start one rounding champs when dropped defensively.

16. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sounds like you've had a rather bad experience with them personally, because that's a lot of fury procs that need to happen for it to happen. We must not be talking about the same Draksar Footman because your's is clearly not 5 speed and has at least 25 damage if it can start one rounding a champion each :p

17. Molosse

I believe he means collectively. Which yeah, they can do pretty handily.

18. Garr123

Or just a big font push and surge: enemy + quickening.

19. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

if surge enemy is what's getting you, maybe you should stop making your own more numerous summons to beef them up. Unless you're playing SP I guess (which are just cheap and not summons). I only see surge: enemy as a problem when there's actually a lot of enemies aka tree summons, moga, bats, other summon spells since each footman only has 10 damage base to begin with. In a normal game without other summons, that's probably +5 dmg at most. Compared with say GRE, and other summons with more utility (stealth) and attacks/dmg (see pummel on base), block and a lil bit more damage isn't overpowering in turns of summons-level :p

20. Garr123

If I have 8 champs out each footman can hit for 30 with a quickening before defense. If you are running a deck with summon fodder, that can easily reach into the 40s in a drawn out match. And they have good HP with block/regen and Violent to further boost their damage.

I'm just saying that's a bit more bullshit than the other bullshit summon spells.