Can someone help me building a budget Draksar BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by vitor, Jun 5, 2015.

1. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

As the title hahaha
    I can afford maybe one legendary and some rares, but not many, is there a way to still make it viable? Also, which legs should I be trying to get first?
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

The theme is leaning on that new rune Flagellum of Chains or whatever the Firk hes called, but im sure u can run a legit Drak deck without him as core, itll probably be lacking in comparison but a more Flagellum AP denial based deck can be something to aim for. If you can afford one Legendary, personally id recommend 1x Draksar High Priest. Other worthy runes are Flagellum of Chains, High Marshal and Blackscale Centurion.

I havent played my Drak deck in a little while though so i cant offer too much advice.

As examples here a few other Drak decks that have been posted recently on here, you can use them as references:

https://poxbase.com/deck/cogcpmc8jcWct=CUCi2Cwxcj4C63czhc5icgwcqiS8oS4isas7is5hs84sYrPr2qe4
    posted by @ormen

https://poxbase.com/deck/CkvCzZC4MCUCi2Cwxcj4CqaCzhS2+s4is84s7usYS5jrPr2qr2jr1Oe4
    posted by @darklord48

https://poxbase.com/deck/Ct=CzZC4MCUCi2Cwxcj4CqaCzhctbs6LS8oS4isas7is84s7usYrPr2q
    posted by @Jib

As far as a more budget version of a Drak deck, you would simply have to replace the Flagellums, High Priests and High Marshalls with some easier to obtain runes for now.

Id run something like this for now, replace the Wyrmpriest with a Draksar High Priest when u can.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cWCzZC4MCUci2Cwxcj4Cqac63chHctbcqos6LS4isas7isjs84s7usYrPr2qe1he3x

Draksar Lord is obtainable via Skirmishes and free rune rewards as he is part of the Core Set. I would look to get 2x of him as hes easy obtain and very nice.
    Draksar Ravenspeaker is ranged, has a possible cleanse, detection and Raven Tongue which destroys summons. Very handy.
    Draksar Marine, Hunchbacks and Hunters are all very good melee units along with Draksar Lords, they are also common/uncommon/rare and easy to get.
    Draksar Rocketeer and Firk Psion are also uncommon and are your range.
    Draksar Spellswords provide Magic dmg, Magic Eater and they also have anti spell upgrades.
    Serpentor Paradigm provides Magic dmg, Resistance to physical and high spd/dmg potential.
    Draksar Broodqueen has Invigorate 2 and summons Broodlings all day, she also has detection.
    Temple Guard has Defender 3 and Bodyguard which is a very good ability and can be activated as soon as he is deployed onto the board.
    Wyrmpriest has Sermon, you can replace him later down the line with High Priest which also Sermon and is better overall.

I added the two Draksar equips, Akakios Blade and Serpentor Scale Armor, because theyre thematic and i like thematic things. They may not be worth including though, i have not played with them recently.

@BurnPyro help a brother out.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, you can play skeezick with just two exos (general).

skeezick.png

You can change the Blackguard for a filcher or a warmage, honestly, don't bother getting it if you don't need to. Two generals are exos, one fruit is exo. If you dont' have fruit, I've got loads of spares.

AMA

Dolcebrodude and Anima26 like this.
  4. Anima26

Ive always liked the fact that u can run most SL decks on a budget, probably partly why i was attracted to the faction in the first place, that and Myx were new and cool af.

Dragons can be ran on a reasonable budget too.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pretty much, though dragons use quite a bit of exos

i like my winperators

6. Anima26

Yeah they fixed Imperator since i was away from game for few months, i am grateful, so are my dragon and sand/myx decks.

7. Anima26

8. vitor

Wow Thanks a lot for the post, very informative!
    On the context, I happen to have 1 drak lord and 1 drak shifter, so I could use them. I also got a berserker and a marauder, so I was thinking of putting them in too.
    Yeah, I have a skeezick too! Really enjoy them, took quite a while to get the totem of the fallen, but made the deck way nicer to play! Thanks a lot for the offer, but as tempting as it is, I happen to have one forbidden fruit already, so try another and maybe we can trade hahahaha jk, but thanks a lot for the intention!
    Also, if you guys happen to have the time, could you also show me a dragon bg? Also budgeted xD

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just saw you mentioned draksar, derp me.

draksar.png
    Only Exos the two drak lords.

You can run a high priest, but they are really costy. Meh.

10. Anima26

Get a second Lord as your next rune to get, Shifter can be a place holder for now. I wouldnt bother with Marauder, there are better melee options like Hunter, Hunchback, Spellsword, Persecutor and Serpentor Paradigm.

11. Anima26

Hmm, making a Dragon deck on a really tight budget is a bit tough because u have to miss out on Skywing Imperators which are your main ranged threat, Vinny and Valdac too, and there are a number of Rares. I guess you can replace them with Skywing Agitators atleast, not quite the same but it is a ranged Dragon atleast. Agitator also works very well with Forbidden Fruit as you can give him Exertion 3 as an upgrade.

Maybe something like this
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c64C3=c5iC4+CdbCdmcqiC1zCjGc3-s6Lsas7is5hsjs84s73s7usYs5jr2OrPr3Qe4

This my Dragon deck atm:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c5iCg0C4+CdQCdmcgNcqiC1zCjGc3-s6Lsas7is5hsjs84s73s7usYs5jrPr2jr3Qe3Y

So you would need to replace Krikkinwing Alphas, Skywing Imperators, Valdac and Vindrax, thats a lot of range you would be losing.
    Id recommend atleast running Vindrax, Valdac is also a valuable source of ranged magic damage.

Replace Imperators with Agitators for now.
    Varu Howlers offer some range with Howling Attack.
    Vindrax has Acid Breath.
    Valdac has a ranged Magic atk.
    Rumbler has 1-3 range and Flame Dragoleech has 2-4 range and a DoT.
    Dragon Handler also offers some range with a 2-4 magical atk.

Destroyers, Dragon Handlers and Flame Dragoleech are all Core Set runes.

Most important runes are Rumblers, Vindrax and Transmission Relay.
    Skithmaw Hunter, Vexian Neodrak and Varu Howler are all cheap as Firk nora wise.

You can make a decent deck i feel but it will be a little bit melee heavy without Imperators and Kwing Alphas so bare that in mind. Probably still a solid deck.

12. vitor

Hey burn, can we start talking about that free rune ?xD
    I actually can get something like 400k and something of pb points.
    I already have vyndrax, fire draco, 2 rumblers and a vexian.
    Which are the ones I should need sooner including those with the mentioned budget?
    Again, thanks a lot!

13. Anima26

Thats good, id get a second Vexian, 2 Skithmaws, a Transmission Relay and the Dragon Handlers. If u play Skirmish as SL u can get Dragon Handlers, Destroyers, Dragoleeches, Draksar Lords and other Forbidden Fruits so that might be worth doing, unless u wana get em off pb instead, upto you. You want Dragonfear, DB, Quickening and Magnetize too.

Valdac is very useful for the extra ranged threat she brings, she has magic damage and she summons free dragons to fuel the legion. Not to mention she has cleanse so you could consider dropping Purge spell for something if u want, i like the Dispel though that Purge brings.

For non budget u just want Imperators more than anything, theyre very nice now theyve had their cost reduced. Kwing Alphas, Hellions, Akakios and Eminents are all expensive to obtain and not super important. They are strong though.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3746117

15. Anima26

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@vitor please confirm that you are vitaumd, incase im donating this to some random

Anima26 likes this.
  17. Anima26

I heard that was a Suuwoo alt...kappa.

18. vitor

I know coming from someone who doesnt even have the needed it sound silly, but is akakios good too? Really liked him in the campaign!
    And there are so many badasses dragons, Vex being one I would like to add too if he is viable.
    Thanks a lot guys, I reallly appreciate it.
    Also, I bidded an imp BurnPyro, thanks a lot! Thanks a lot for the help too anima! It really encourages playing when we can get help in active forums!

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Anima26

Akakios is nice, i like him. He has some nice abilities. Hes a tanky son of a gun with some ranged dps thanks to Flamethrower and Annihilate if u decide to take it.
    I wouldnt bother with Vex, she got nerfed recently i do believe and isnt as good as she used to be, plus shes annoying to use.
    Prismatic Skywing is good, Hellion is decent, Maulers are ok, Ravager is decent, ermm...i liked Varu Dragons before they got their cost increased, they have Sandstriker and Multi Attack. They just sit in Imperators sand and hit pretty damn hard and have Attack: Sonic. Not sure if theyre worth running now as theyre very expensive nora wise, and if u dont have Imperators i wouldnt bother with em anyway as theyre not as strong if they aint standing on sand.

Np, glad to help.

Edit: I realise Akakios has been changed and has some new abilities, not sure about him now, would have to try him out. I love that he has Commander Draksar as he is the Draksar Lord afterall.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

aight done