Can the fw bonus be changed for 1 patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

To cancel the opponents bonus?

I made another thread somewhere talkiing about in great detail the subject.

I personally don't think they would be the best faction after this change, I just want to see some rune diversity in FW

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

It would ruin many decks that are built around the bonus. Many champs are even designed around their bonus so wouldnt really be fair. If you dont like the FW bonus why dont you try a faction with a bonus you do like?

newsbuff likes this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

yeah, this is a terrible and un-fun idea

4. DiCEM0nEY

Then I guess you will have to not play those decks or add more versatile cards. This is no different than many things in pox.

5. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

That is a very selfish response especially when there is already a perfectly suitable option.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

FW Themes which do not need 60% Cooldown Reduction:
    Vampyre Deck - Life Siphon
    Witches/Humans - Witching Hour heals from Revel in Misery /Throw Bones bonus HP

Meta:
    Life Siphon (Serkan, Elder Vampyre)
    Vitality Creation (Xulos, Elder Vampyre, Genesis Lich, Bone Circle Staff)
    Oblivion Shield (Obsidian Venger, Bone Circle Archmage, Inkblight Witch)
    Portal Siphon (Utterdark Shadecaster)
    Drain 2 (Xulos, Whisperghast)
    Steal Life

All of the above revolves around sustenance in one way or another. Not everything about FW is dying.

Useless champs which intentionally go upfront to benefit from the faction bonus:
    Bile Zombie
    Polluted Martyr
    Wandering Zombie
    Skeletal Raider

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Wandering zombie and polluted martyr useless? Are you high?

themacca, Etherielin and Makorov like this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

He is saying that they benefit heavily from the bonus

9. DiCEM0nEY

Learn to adapt to gameplay changes. Simple.

10. DiCEM0nEY

Thanks for the support, I wasn't expecting any. I agree with you. I hope more people support change.

11. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

That doesnt make any sense.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Well regardless to the validity of his comment, it does make perfect sense.

There's no question that he's saying you should adapt to this change and suck it up, this is essentially the mantra every pox player needs to learn to live by as any and every rune around them can be completely changed for the better or worse with each and every patch.

now if your stating his comment is stupid, short sighted, ill thought, mis-conceived, in direct conflict of the design of numerous mechanics of the faction, in-considerate of those that enjoy those mechanics, has the risk to alienate the FW population of the few players that remain, has not considered the numerous redesigns of faction mechanics that would be required, or any number of other issues....well that would e a different comment

I would support a change to the FW bonus but only because at this point watching FW crush itself under it's own hubris and lack of self awareness would be rather entertaining, and certainly not because it would be good for the faction, and at this point the vocal minority has been asking for it so long why not let it happen, and hell on the slight chance it improves the faction that would be cool to.

13. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

I kill more opposing champs than getting my champs killed.
    I hope to see an increase in opponents champ cooldowns instead of a reduction in mine.

14. DiCEM0nEY

How noble of you

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Heh least i agree with your goal =)

16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The way things are going, if the bonus were changed for a patch it would be changed for an entire year or more.

17. DiCEM0nEY

Well, the good news is you would have time to plan ahead.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The fact that you think serkan xulos genesis lich and bone circle archmage do not benefit from the bonus says a lot about how uninformed you are.

You also have wandering zombie and polluted martyr as "useless" which is just Firking ******** my god.

The bonus facilitates a strategy which is not possible outside of fw. Champions benefit from this style the same way a deep elf fanatic benefits from +4 damage

bambino likes this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

How does bca benefit from dying? You mean augment creation benefits from being used more? That goes against kalasles argument u know ....

Anyways, I don't think it's fair to say BCA gains a net benefit, when you consider that in any other faction his summons would recieve a benefit of some sort.

I'm not sure I can really agree with vitality creation benefiting as well, when you consider you would need to deploy at least 5 units before it gains a value = to the st bonus, and maybe another deploy or two to = the innate arctic bonus?

Also, adaptive on genesis lich does not scale with FW bonus. Eternal life does a little, if you manage to deploy two, but overall I think genesis lich not scaling with FW bonus is a fair assessment.

Xulous obviously scales very well with FW bonus.

Lastly, I don't think people should take the word useless literally - I think he means they are used to stall, or something along those lines, which at least puts his argument into perspective. No need to bash his opinion, especially when he probably isn't stating it in a very polished way

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  20. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

why do you feel that the FW bonus is the worst thing in the world?

have you ever stopped to consider maybe your not playing the faction to its real strengths?

themacca likes this.