Can the fw bonus be changed for 1 patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Have you actually done well with serkan recently? Genuinely curious. I just don't think he is a good way to win the game consistently at high elo, but maybe I just don't play him well. If you are using lich racials, I could see it working though.

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Time to stop posting. Your Patrick Bateman avatar is starting to psychotically rub off on you. Stop these bad ideas.
    [​IMG]

Destorum and Anima26 like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Super serkan decks has consistently been my best deck for the past 2 years, minus when worms were broke as hell

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

super champs are only ineffective when dispel and spot removal is down, and the community has been systematically dismantling all the spot removal in pox, so you should be happy, run your serkan he'll be fine unless you hit sp with vert push

5. DiCEM0nEY

As the faction stands it doesn't have much diversity in playstyles. They are all extremely late game oriented, with very little diversity. It's much better to have the runes you want drawn and available at all times than play a deck which can deploy a solution to anything. SP and other factions due that much better.
    Lol, there's many things besides sp with a vert push that can kill / disable a serkan. Gale force for instance, reverb blast. Equips which go on the enemy champions like cursed blade.

Even if you spend 25 nora on a stiched hex doll, an opponent can pygmy hippo you, and that 25 nora spent was effectively wasted if you die. There lots of ways to kill serkan, and he costs so much they are usually worth it.

Again, I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying my opinion that it isn't worth the risk. Many older players may have more like, since their game knowledge is superior to mine, and they know EVERY rune to expect, and the chance the opponent is running it. I just happen to not know what the opponent will play, and sometimes I think they are going to play sp vert push, but they end up doing a boulder trap etc, and my serkan dies.

But if you are a Jedi, I could see it working.

6. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I'm still tripped up by the title fo the thread....

What is a patch?

7. DiCEM0nEY

Not being a farmer in the current year preparing for inevitable economic collapse, needing to patch your farming suspenders from the toil.

Wow

8. calisk

Gale will hurt Serkan and by all means is likely required to kill a super Serkan but it's in no way comparable to the point and click removal of vert push.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Serkan should NEVER be targetable by these spells, always have him lurking in dmz and if you ever take him out for more than a round put up ancients protection. They shouldn't ever have enough spell presence to gale him the right direction for it to matter.

Anima26 likes this.
  10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Gale is also good v. Montenegrans.

profhulk likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

lol

12. calisk

Heh...i hate auto correct =/

13. calisk

Yes ideally Serkan can never be targeted and as a user of swap I'm aware of how it's done.

That said plenty of ways to get him out of dmz like harpoon into vert push.

The game is removing the ways to deal with Serkan so imo super champ should be thriving.

14. DiCEM0nEY

I get that, but my point was that it is very hard to defend against all threats. Perfect example is what calisk said.

15. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

I been thinking about this for a while, and first i thought it would maybe be a little to strong bonus, but maybe it works and spices things up alittle. Also losing the faster respawn would hurt alot so this would totaly change the approach of the match for the FW player. It is flavourful aswell & very much FW related.

Great suggestion i would have loved to test this!

16. DiCEM0nEY

Just played another 3 hour FW attition game. The enemy player had lost by hour one, but because of the way attrition works, I could not close the game out. It just took too long. There were lag issues. There were real life issues ( i was working from home, waiting for something). I definetly had won, but I just couldnt play for another hr or two it would take to end the game.

Please change the bonus. It creates unfun, CANCER games. For both players.

17. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

An alternative could be to have a bonus that copied the opponents bonus. This way you wouldn't mess with the opponents bg building, and the FW would have the disadvantage of not being able to account for the bonus in the building phase. Not saying it a good idea. But cancelling the opponents bonus should not be an option.

18. DiCEM0nEY

I disagree. Copying opp bonus would better be suited for IS.

I also disagree. Removing the bonus is a great option.

Let's debate this: you are afraid that there will be more draw wins, is what you are essentially saying. I actually disagree. Right now I think there are very few ways to punish an attrition deck. They are litetally punishing you for trying to punish them, by benefiting from dying.

With removing an opponent's bonus, at least if you kill a unit, you know they might actually be worried about cds now.

Not just LOLing about it as they shove more 0 cost units down your face like brainless monkeys, while they setup in the background to the point where they don't even need to think to win, just keep pushing with superior efficincy and death benefit.

Let's debate that because I think I'm right about this, and I think that removing an opponent' bonus would give you MORE control over the game. You would no longer have to have specific counters or op runes to stop these starts. You could actually make a more balanced set up, with small intricacies defining your playstyle.

Also, look at the effect a bonus like this would have on the game as a whole. It would mean that a player can no longer abuse their bonus to win. You could no longer play a deck which relies 100% on combos which other players might not be able to overcome. For example really low hp ST units suddenly becoming fragile is a big deal. SP deploy deploy deploy deploy decks might see a few more spells and relics for tempo control.

Not to mention, the benefit of keeping overpowered bonuses down a bit, and underpowered bonuses up a bit. This would simply correct the balance state, if a bonus was truly better all around than another faction, not including the runes.

Edit: FW doesn't know what bonus it will be canceling. If it cancels the IS bonus, it already is at a disadvantage. You can't prepare a deck to function well off of a cancelled UD bonus, and to simultaneously work off a cancelled SL bonus. What you would do is simply create a balanced deck based off of a strategy, and adapt in game. That isn't a biased approach to balance, it seems fair to me. Every other faction can still build off their strategies the same way FW would.

19. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Please stop parading this as a for the good of fw notion when it’s little more of I can’t close out games so change the bonus

nepyonisdead likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

Hey you might not realize this, but playing 3 hour games every game just to win is actually bad, especially when the game is over after hour 1.

I've said plenty of times I don't mind long games, i mind long games due to inherent design within the back bone of the game.

I've also said that I'm not talking about balance, which is what your topic implies. I'm actually fairly skilled at this game, pretty much everyone has seen me troll or do extremely well, or just make a mistake and lose. The point is I know how to do all three fairly well.

I literally lost a game due to the server dcing me, and me not caring enough to even bother reconnecting, because it was going to take a long was time to win while the enemy player stalled and killed units hyper inefficiently. But I'm not going to march my avatar or whisperghast with 50+ damage carelessly across that battle field to "hurry things up" because that type of behavior is for circle jerking mouth breathers for you. Try to show ppl respect when you discuss things, anything else just reflects poorly on you, and it shouldn't be considered acceptable behavior on a moderated forum.