Can the fw bonus be changed for 1 patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I wasn't referring to you in that post, I was referring to nepy. I tagged you to answer what the topic was. Basically I want the bonus changed to "remove opp bonus" because having every single FW game last 2 hours isn't fun, and benefiting from death really isn't that fun. I feel this is a really easy new bonus to implement, because many runes in fw scale off of removal of stats (such as ED) AND it would allow for things like vampires to see play

MrCharles likes this.
  2. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Oh you mean remove OPPONENTS bonus. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell you were referring to, and thought you were saying "remove overpowered bonus" and made a typo you didn't bother to correct, as you are apt to do.

No I refuse to support this.

themacca likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

proud of you

4. DiCEM0nEY

Lmao are you serious about not understanding ? That's pretty funny... Firk lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Your posts are always so scatterbrained, it's hard to make sense of you. So yes, I was serious.

6. DiCEM0nEY

One more thing to consider: I truly believe the SP bonus outclasses the FW bonus in terms of attrition. I'm willing to defend that statement if anyone disagrees by giving in game examples.

There is litetally a very brief and miniscule mid game advantage (maybe one or two turn cycles) FW has over SP when there aren't many rune reveals, but other than that, the FW bonus is out classed.

7. themacca

Go play sp then

8. DiCEM0nEY

I like FW, why would I play SP? I honestly wouldn't switch to SP just because I think they do attrition better. You can't deny they don't however.

9. themacca

I can. And do

Voidtrain likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

But they have a multiplicative bonus built in, and their runes are no worse. Surely that means they'll have an advantage when both players in the late game have enough runes for constant deploying?

11. themacca

Except they're forced to use less efficient runes because of the increased cooldowns.

Using moga vs fw attrition. The example of a cheap spammable tank unit. Moga lords guard vs wandering zombie. When moga dies he's gone for 13 rounds forcing you to either include several units to fill that role or be deprived of that role.

Wandering zombie is gone for 4, which you can definitely deal with losing that for a small while.

Slots are an equally important resource that no one in poxnora seems to appreciate but that's what the FW bonus does, it increases the efficiency and versatility of every champion slot you include.

12. DiCEM0nEY

So you argue that the efficiency in having the right champion able to be deployed more often (note nora constraints) is more valuable than having more nora to deploy the rune you need In a long game?

I'm not sure I can agree - once you deploy a champion, his value coming back has decreased usually, because a player will play a counter, and change the board up. You also have revealed what your deck contains, so the enemy can prepare. Lastly, the longer the game lasts, the more options both players will have to deal with what is on the board, - the nora constraints.

I'm of course not talking about faction specific champions and spells, because that is too opinionated and broad a subject, although ff heros should be considered imo.

But still, I just don't buy it. But even if one were to side with you in this debate (again I think you are wrong here), you can't possibly say the FW bonus is better than the SP bonus overall, only for a very specific style of attrition where you are killing champions and losing yours, while keeping efficency. And keep in mind, I STILL am not sold on that.

And lastly, I'm not saying SP is better than FW in long games, I'm talking about the bonus as a concept.

13. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

This is just coming back to if you don’t like the bonus play another faction thing

14. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

lol if you dont like the bonus play another faction. i do like fw bonus and dont want it to be changed. It's thematic i mean they are undead guys. canceling the oponent bonus doesnt make any sense.

at least you could've thought something that makes sense. Something great about this game is that all bonus make sense thematically (execpt SP but well 7 out of 8 is great)

15. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

What they are trying to say is, if you don't like how your country is run, leave.
    Unless you are from NKorea.

16. DiCEM0nEY

It does make sense thematically, you are decaying their bonus. Many of their runes and themes focus on removal.

Also, the SP bonus actually makes sense - it encourages consistent deploying. It does the same as FW in some sense, so long as both players have runes to deploy and the nora to sustain it.

Lastly, people are missing a very important part of this thread which is that I was suggesting the bonus be changed for 1 patch, not eternity. Truthfully I think once people see the change they will adapt and like it more, and not want to change it back, but ppl need to give it a chance.

17. Destorum

Stop

Etherielin and themacca like this.
  18. themacca

^

19. Destorum

I tried but you don't seem to understand alot of basic things so I just gave up and stuck to the one word message.

btw stop

20. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@DiCEM0nEY . ,, just wondering,
    I was spectating a game you where in last nite.
    yer opponent had you pretty early, bout turn 7 the game was over.
    Now dont get me wrong, the loss you took is not the issue,, bad draws, yer opponent gets what he wants,, lot of times one can lose in pox before one can even get yer game going, it happens, understandable.
    My question is,, why couldnt u just surrender the game? why do need to let your opponent (who did nothing wrong 2u) sit there wasting his time ,for 200plus seconds to elapse ?
    now i think we all know the real reason, but perhaps you can offer some sound explanation for behaving in such an uncompetitive manner.

almsot 10 years I been playing this frigging game,, never did that to anyone,, swear.