Can the fw bonus be changed for 1 patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That was vs @MogaBait , a top Elo player. I knew I lost based on my runes alone, I had nothing good to deploy to reach the side font.

But, I'm not going to be arrogant. I'm going to use my FW bonus to its maximum effectiveness. So I played attrition, because you never know the power of something unless you try it. So, I continually stalled my opponent, because that is how you play attrition death benefit. My serkan was not enough to overcome the nora deficit.

This is precisely why that bonus is cancer. You can't blame me for trying to win. I didn't design this crap. In fact, I want it changed.

And to be clear, it wasn't a waste of time. I gained some experience losing. It's only a waste of time to a player who has perfect plaing from behind mechaics. You are just mad because the game was long? That's not my fault.

2. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

@DiCEM0nEY I thought you had ragequited on someone to make them wait for the countdown. Stalling a game as a FW player is by the book legit, and any true FW player could have done the same. Doesn`t matter if it feels like the game is lost, to know by how big margin you are losing you have to play it out(if you want to know).

It is the same with a UD flamedeck, it takes ages to set up aswell.

Some call it cancer, but it has been a part of what Pox is and i like it. I had several +2 hour games and a few +3 hours games. One of them i won with 1 hp to spare on my avatar! In the first hour it felt kinda lost but i clawed my way back and turned it around.

3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

more scatterbrain nonsense,
    I asked you a simple question,,
    it was turn 7 and u conceded the game,
    u stopped playing..
    my question is ,
    Why didnt u hit surrender instead of disconnecting?

4. DiCEM0nEY

Because surrendering is for cowards.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

People like you are why Pox is dead.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

No the developers are why the game is dead. They took runes that everyone loved, destroyed their identity and homogenized all the abilities in the game. Basically the videogame version of what social justice warriors did to marvel comics but from a programming stand point. The effect was devastating and killed of majority of original playerbase.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I used to like you but, go away

Go away

8. bambino

heh,why didnt u just say so the first time?

9. DiCEM0nEY

I think the problem is more half measures than anything else.

Their marketing is actually fairly decent, but there isn't solid and interesting gameplay to back it up imo, especially considering the model they are using to make money.

Actually the monetization of this game seems really noob. They made a great change with removing the barrier to entry, but they really haven't followed it up collectible sprites or gameplay changes. So in essence, poor leadership.

Space wars while super interesting, is irrelevant if they can't even monetize a game like POX where there is still an active community despite like 2-3 years of no changes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. DiCEM0nEY

Thank you for defending my name @themacca. I'm sure you've learned that I am right about everything. I accept your apology for being a lesser being than myself.

11. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

Well people Firking disconecting instead of Firking just surrendering doesnt really help either

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You're obviously trolling

13. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

No

14. Dicem0ney2

I legitimately disconnect sometimes and don't bother to reconnect, whether winning or losing, just a thought.

15. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

Were you banned for trolling too much? xd

16. Dicem0ney2

I wasn't, it just lags severely when i try to post on my main. I'm actually able to get posts and edits out...

I really only troll when ppl deserve it.

I don't start beefs but I spark creeps and stop they heart beats

17. bambino

18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Heh cowards surrender....what a stupid statement.

Smart people surrender to get more games in and make up for their loss quickly, it's a talent to analyse a game and realize when it's over, that's not to say quit before you've lost, but there comes a point in every game that you simply cannot recover from, and knowing when that is with any degree of accuracy is an important skill for all players.

Throwing a tantrum like a two year old wasting your own time playing a game you cannot even be persuaded to finish, is not the actions of a coward, more akin to the actions of a child, I've never once been bothered by anyone rage quitting in a fight, in fact I usually enjoy it more then a surrender as I feel like my win had a bit of a personal touch on my opponent, more so when the rage threads come later.

Now i'm not exactly sure what to call the person that acts childish and throws tantrums but is dumb enough to actually consider it a "tactic", i'll have to ponder about that one for awhile as I assumed all people doing it were well aware of what they were doing, I never really thought about the sheer lack of self awareness that it would take to reach that level of incompetence.

bambino and nepyonisdead like this.
  19. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

with those wrapping skillz u could be employee of the week at a subway

20. bambino

ouch!