Can the Nora Seep Despoil deck please be fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirius, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

There are so many dumb things about this deck, where do I begin...

Nora Seep itself is both very random and provides a LOT of nora. That concept in itself is dumb enough, but the spell is also bugged. It can spawn globes on the actual square occupied by a font where you can't capture it and it will also spawn globes on the same squares champions occupy, but the champions DON'T capture the globes unless they move away and back on that square again.

And now that we've got the small stuff out of the way, I'll briefly explain how the deck works.

The user casts Nora Seep and captures his own globes with Soul Collector/Dead Harvester. At the same time, they deploy a tanky unit like the Tortun Fishkisser to get to the opponent's font and cast Despoil. The opponent will be able to get a few globes if you're impatient and cast Nora Seep very early, but you're still getting a LOT more.

After that, you deploy mega tanky stuff like the Stitched Merged, you stall/intimidate your opponent and deploy Wavecrusher. This is a key part. You deploy the Wavecrusher, gather AP on it, get some water where you want it to go, let it smash a few things and then you Repurpose it. Why in the hell a 37 nora unit with 75 HP and 14 damage can be sacrificed that way is beyond me. Another thing that is beyond me is the reason why the Repurpose buff is not dispellable (neither is Foul Rite btw, but that's another subject).

While you were doing all this, don't forget to keep your units protected with Bubble of Protection and the DMZ from Despoil/Soul Collector. Your units are superbuffed, but who knows what the opponent might try to pull off. Also, Poison Dart on the Stitched Merged or whatever else is really good.

Now, the opponent might be able to destroy the first unit you superbuffed, with resets/remove from play/etc. . But that's not a problem. You have the other units still around AND you can do it again. Deploy Wavecrusher and prepare to Repurpose, cast Nora Seep and Despoil, just all that sweet stuff.

At some point you can start really sealing the deal by deploying costly ranged units like the Rip Witch. And that's pretty much it.

Here's a pretty picture from some point in the last game I had against this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Yeah, that deck is a pain to play against.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Paladins are a pain to play against. This deck is just broken.

(Disclaimer: I'm not dissing the Paladins. At least not yet. Just an example.)

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I actually came in here to say that I have faced this deck 3 times. I beat it all 3 times with Paladins :p

Edit: But yeah I was surprised when I couldnt dispel the repurpose buff and surprised that Wavecrusher lost Pariah. At the least it needs Warding.

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

wonder who they got the idea from.. COUGH.

It was one of my relatively old decks from a few months ago, but +1 to the repurpose/wave crusher idea, I didn't do that

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I played against this deck and enjoyed it. Thought it was a neat use of Nora Seep, which I hadn't otherwise seen in a long time. I ended up winning by walking past the buffed Stitched and taking his font.

super71 likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Should probably be running Xulos/Weave with that nora, rather than dumping into a vulnerable super champ.

Cinder405 likes this.
  8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Too bad Xulos is a hero and this is a split bg

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Thats the entire point. Weave Resets cooldowns to 0. Xulos deploys dies deploys again

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Yes, let's nerf all interactions which are annoying to play against. That DEFINITELY won't make the game stale and boring as hell.

Aside from the Repurpose not being dispelable thing (which probably shouldn't be WAI), I don't have any problem with decks like this. Whether I play against them or with them, I always enjoy seeing innovative combinations like this. When you get right down to it, the deck is basically just another superchamp deck, and you should already be running counters to that kind of thing.

Also, InBefore doubtofbuddha's crusade against splits gathers more momentum.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Leave mah fs runes alone split. Wavecrusher gonna have pariah again cuz of this trash fs/fw abuser.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Krokodil and doubtofbuddha like this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Did you say Crusade?
    [​IMG]

Vorian, Tweek516, Sealer0 and 5 others like this.
  13. themacca

Liked for the mask

IMAGIRL likes this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I don't even need to post about it anymore. My opponents invoke it for me.

Krokodil and DarkJello like this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like Macca said, the whole point is that it's a split: he instantly dies, and you get both the CitP and on-death triggers, then he goes back on CD, set to 0 by Necroweave, and redeployed for more triggers. It's expensive, but becomes incredibly powerful if you have the nora.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Why the heck did wavecrusher lose pariah?

yobanchi and BurnPyro like this.
  17. themacca

so you can cast escape magic on it

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

im gonna try to abuse this

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Vorian and Cody like this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It's also not very good. I built it first, I think, and after the Dusk Creeper nerfs it kind of went into obscurity.

20. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Oh look splits being abused again, what a surprise.

super71 and doubtofbuddha like this.