Cancel culture came for Valdac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Apr 6, 2021.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Give the guy 2-4 range back. Or +2 damage. No nora change.

C'mon man

L33Ch likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Heck, give him +2 defense.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

+5 hp, -1 nora cost

Anotherblackman likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Brand new ideas should be tried

IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Nah Firk Valdac

Buff vex instead

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It was argued at the time that the snowballing potential of Preordained + Augment Creation required a shift in power from some of Valdac's other areas. He lost his range because of his nature as a support hero making involving him in combat less important. To be honest, I don't see Valdac much anymore, but instead of returning his range, some decent compensation buffs could involve giving him Absorb back.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Take preordained away. Preordained augment creation is not a combination we should be encouraging

IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Idk, I think things like augment creation + pre ordained is actually good in a roundabout way. It's pretty hard to balance something like augment creation, but it's even harder when it's power is inconsistent.

Having the best base scenario for augment creation every game lets you put a reasonable nora value to it; collective at 40 nora and preordained is a good example of this imo. It won't feel as "cheap" because 34 nora (I'm going to include bonus here as a joke) is actually a decent enough tempo hit that you need to fully consider deploying it or not. But at 25, it feels like there is no decision making behind the rune, you just play it if you get it early enough, or occasionally for a font contest.

I support pre ordained + front loaded abilities, provided they have appropriate nora costs. It's far less cancer than 95% of the bs in ladder rn that's allowed to exist.

In short, the problem is that dice rolling bgs are being encouraged, as are split bgs. I mean, how many ppl u see saying "x hero is cheap" well, it's because heroes aren't that strong in the grand scheme of things. Look at dawn mist - 50 hp, evasive 3, frost aura 3, phantom dash, and snow fall (ice fang invoke on lower cd without damage) for 33 nora.

It used to be there were like 5 runes that were THAT efficent. Now everything has these crazy levels of efficeny, because every idiot who can't do simple math gets to create the next rune. But heros (for the most part) don't get good reworks; morgana is a perfect example. I had to post non stop for swap 3 on Morgana, and heal mass.

Guess what? She only got swap 3 and her second upgrade line is a Firking bunch of meme abilities. Thankfully vitality works for the most part, but shes by no means an auto. But she probably should be if we were actually designing things correctly. Instead, we load creativity onto an angel before loading it onto geekal (just an example ). Let's give gritmaw singer nexus aura in a theme that's only counter is to keep unit counts down.

And notice that bone trap is getting nerfed? Is it op? Yes obviously, 20 nora for 6 damage aoe, contest, + a summon that can screw up an engage, and an aoe damage lower rapped into one thing at 20 is too strong. You know what else is too strong? Aoe 2 9 hp healing from heal mass 3. So is gritmaw hymm. So is throne of circle. Dreamblossom. Stitched combo. Reckless command. Maxx. Aspect of divinity.

The list goes on, but only fw & skeletons get IMMEDIATE nerfs. Firstly, there's blatant bias. People are too stupid to understand the risk reward of pox, because they are used to winning every game simply by virtue of using something mathematically unfair. I've had people tell me they were very close to winning agaisnt a db I played, because they simply have no clue what's going on. People say "you lost on the second turn" to me when I'm playing stitched combo, and I literally lose due to a 130 nora combo failing thanks to a visual bug. And telling me after they win that they were winning the whole time.

daltos are of course using 2x yeti curate, 2x snow spinner, and healing up to full every three turns. Legitimately believes that their decks are balanced. I had monkeydlucy tell me that gritmaw were balanced, as he used soul sphere and nexus aura. Everyone thinks they are these highly skilled gurus when in reality they are just using decks that are tier 0. It's really funny because, I'm running stitched combo, which is not only pure cancer, but also VERY op, and running into Bane Shift that can deal with it. Which is a joke, because nothing should REALLY be able to deal with generating 200 nora in value off of 3 runes EXTREMELY consistently. It's just there's a bunch of idiots / dishonest people designing runes. And only fw gets called out on it (tendrils lasted ONE month).

9. Bushido

In short, valdac problem isnt pre ordained collective, it's that for 88 nora, you can't deploy something that support oriented that's also that easy to kill. Skywing screeched let's sl get away with a lot of bs, but reinforcementsing a 90 nora healer isn't ever going to be good

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Wait he has both that's broken af

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

except that he's expensive enough that people barely play him

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bone Circle Archmage is Augment Creation done right.

Valdac is too useless and too expensive to see real play.

13. Bushido

Its really that you can't use him as an immovable threat you can super. Wth are you healing when you spend 90 nora for the healer on the first turn... not a practical rune

Honestly, bca is cool. I almost wish he didn't have augment creation, because he's also really good with summon skeleton 3.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Empowered woman = crazy person on birth control. Way too many hormones. The human equivalent of a female spotted hyena. I see them all the time. Walk away, just walk away..... there is no hope do not engage them.

Here is the future of birth control. :D