Cannot Connect To Pox Nora Game Server

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Vic Rattlehead, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead New Member

Hello,
    I played this game a long time ago and I wanted to play it again but every time I open it and try to log into the game I get the following message:

"There was a problem connecting to the Pox Nora game server. Please check your network connection and try again. Make sure your network security policies permit connecting to Po Nora. If the problem presists, please check the Bugs and Troubleshooting forum at http://www.poxnora.com"

Now I would like to point out that I have tried all of the 10 tips written in the PC troubleshooting thread and none of what's written there helped so far.
    Would appreciate any further assistance.
    Thank you :D

P.S.
    I'm using Windows 7

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello,

Generally when something like this happens there are a couple of potential factors.

1st: Your anti-virus/anti-malware could be blocking or preventing your connection. You can try temporally disabling them or adding Pox Nora to the exception list if it isn't already.
    2nd: Are you using a VPN to connect to the internet? If you don't know what that is or aren't sure then you probably aren't. If you are in some cases there can be issues with using VPN's to connect.
    3rd: Are you connecting to the internet over WiFi, and are you using a WiFi extender? If so in some cases WiFi extenders can result in server connection errors. Try connecting your computer directly to your router/modem.
    4th: Your computer's internet security settings are too high preventing you from connecting to the server. We would recommend adding Pox Nora to your exceptions list or lowering your settings.
    5th: Your router/modem security settings are too high. This is much the same as the first issue. You will need to go into your router/modem's security settings and either lower.

If you continue to have problems please contact our customer support at [email protected]

3. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead New Member

Thank you for the reply,

I have tried to disable my Anti-Virus (Which is Kaspersky Anti-Virus);
    I have no idea what is VPN connection so I assume that I do not use it;
    I'm connected via Ethernet;
    I have tried running the game with my firewall disabled already- it didn't work (Though perhaps there are other security services of which I'm not aware and therefore didn't disabled);
    Sadly, I don't know how to access my router's security settings.

4. greengordo

greengordo The King of Potatoes

same issue...none of fixes listed worked for me. did you find anything to fix this, Vic Rattlehead?

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello,

We saw your post in the other thread as well: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

What operating system are you using?
    Are you connecting to the internet over WiFi or through a direct connection to your modem/router?