Can't access Public Deck runes

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Chef420, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Chef420

Chef420 Member

I'm have won 2 public decks and I played training player vs player but I still can't see my public battle group runes.

Any idea why? I purchased tokens and bought some boxes is that why I can't get the free ones?

2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

You can't access cards in the free decks right now, they're only for that deck. The developers are thinking about changing that.

3. Chef420

Chef420 Member

Back in 2008 when I played the game that's how it was. Hmm. Looks like they forcing people to spend money.

4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

No, they're not forcing people to spend money. You can still play with those decks till you have the funds to buy one. And as I said, they're looking into making the runes in the free decks public.
    Also, 2008 and you call this forcing to spend money? Hah. There was a period where they were with a different company that was far more pay to win then not giving away free decks (which is something no other TCG does, so the fact they're even considering it is huge).

Your playing a TCG bud. Bad f2p models just come with the genre.

Chef420 likes this.
  5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I make enough gold to buy a box every 1-2 weeks. Only time i spend cash is on new stuff.

6. Chef420

Chef420 Member

Yeah I can tell it's possible to play with out cash. I'm talking about making an immediate deck.

7. Chef420

Chef420 Member

Yeah I know how TCG's go and I always spend money. I'm just mad I couldn't immediately make a deck. I don't like premade decks, the fact that I couldn't edit the public decks or sell of the cards from the public decks for shards bothered me. Yeah I was playing back in the day Sony had just bought the game.

I don't mind pay to win because I have money. I'm just bothered because I remembered being able to add the beginner decks to my collection so I could be able to build the deck I want quickly.

So now I'm to sell all my stuff from boxes I don't need for shards to get the cards I want. One of the main cards that I want was free back in the day, firemaw, he's still in the beginner deck too lol but now I'm forced to buy him.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The public decks have always been locked.

There was a period of a few years when they showed up in the rune manager, but they couldn't be modified or put in other decks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Yeah it does kinda suck how long it takes to put together your own deck with a new account.

I have a shitload of spares so if you want to post a list of some of the stuff you are looking for then i'd gladly donate my spares.

10. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i think allowing new players to make a first deck is important, a deck they put together of faction / theme of their choosing rather than using training decks they probably dislike and cant modify to their play style. you enjoy playing this game far more with a deck you made...

i still strongly hate training decks, they may be ok to see what a faction is about just dont want to use someone elses bg that i didnt make.

would probably help to retain some players who would otherwise quit.

i got my first deck from poxbox via spending money.

choosing a deck with some exo and leg in it would be ideal, i realise you can shard the tutorial core exo you get but that amount of shards wont get you much of a bg. giving x amount of shards for completing the tutorials or additional tutorials would be ideal. but i understand how this would fail if people just made lots of alts to get the free shards.

11. Chef420

Chef420 Member

Yep no one wants a cookie cutter deck. People want to put their heart and soul into a deck.

That being said I have already created numerous decks. The rune forge system makes it easy to get a bunch of cards.