Can't help but question it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Looking at the new runes it seems apparent that certain things are getting way more attention then the others. The drunk theme got a rune that is not only broken (seriously look at what keg toss does) but fits perfectly into its dedicated deck. The new minotaur looks insanely fun and has a cool kit built around a new ability. The new ST unit follows suit to a lesser extent with his new ability. While he KF unit is kinda bleh he's at least something different and it's not that difficult to tweak things to be runnable. *Not that trees need anything

Then you look at some of the other stuff. I'm sorry FW, I really am. The voil is ANOTHER mid range sonic damage unit that pretty much just cheeses 1v1 duels vs ranged units with dodge/blinding. He'll be run but it's still boring and unimaginative while also being just annoying enough for other players to call for nerfs on it. Ravenspeaker tried to be cool but with an upgrade tree that's nothing but regen, a unique ability that seems out of place in a draksar deck and a physical damage type I don't see him being super popular with the fangirls. If I were playing drakies i'd run it simply to help counter trees a little bit. This is of course assuming that the description is accurate and you can turn anyones summoned units into your own birds. This also gives a little more insight on why swarmed units got the horrific change that they did.

So overall it seems about 50-50. If the deck you love playing happens to be in good favor with the devs then you're going to be pleased with the coming expansions but for those of us that like the more oddball themes I worry that this is going to get dull pretty quick.

Just as an off topic rage i'd like to point out that they took detection off infernal, proceeded to kill him until he wasn't playable and then gave detection to this new guy. o_O

Sirius likes this.
  2. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

FW didn't even get anything for any of their themes, I mean unless you count bokor as a theme..
    Fire if FW is non-existant so I'm not sure why he's based on that..

3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

did you read the new voil's flavor text? if all voils are blind shouldn't they have immunity to blind? maybe put that in sonar flight.

4. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I'm a dwarf player, and I approve of the new rune and how it fits into the drunk theme. Not sure if keg toss is as broke as you think (possible bias), but I haven't had a chance to run or go up against it yet.

5. Nebron

Don't even get me started on that. I have NEVER seen anything that ever stated that voil are blind.

"Voil Jesters look and act ridiculous, but are actually highly trained in the arts of observation and deception"

How are you trained in observation if you're blind?

While we're on the subject did they change shallaxy's flavor text?
    Shallaxy has always been trusted to deliver secrets between those who would betray their gods and kings. As of late, the only message is "Paladins despair -- the Ganelon are coming"

Because I don't remember this...

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sonar observation through more precision of detecting sounds? If they're all blind, I'd imagine that they have a different measure for observation other than visual :p

7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Isn't this basically how all midterm releases are?
    You can only include so much in 8 runes.

The FW rune is kind of dumb though. If FW's one rune has to be a reanimated enemy, that's fine, but don't give their ONE rune in a set to the other faction, too!
    Undead foes can be FF FW, see the Moga and the Draksar.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I personally think this new guy is crappy.

9. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

did you read the new voil's flavor text? if all voils are blind shouldn't they have immunity to blind? maybe put that in sonar flight.
    only for his nora cost.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Attack magical would be awesome for the draksar.

Maybe a minor nora decrease, but I'll take it with magical

11. Nebron

Idk that was my first impression too but i'm not sure what all will proc his new ability.

And to clarify this thread isn't only about these 8 runes. They were just the easiest to analyze to prove a point that I think about half the themes in the game are getting the shaft for no reason.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Ive been saying this for a while now.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, Nebron, I agree. The randomness is randomly applied throughout.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

2007-2012: we need more themes guys, please wtf

2013: okay here are more themes fleshed out, we help all u guys, enjoy!!

2014: NOPE SON

Sunutsu likes this.
  15. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

like Tyrion Lannister?

16. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

BBBAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!