Catastrophic Disasters

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catastrophic Disasters Expansion
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The point of this expansion is to give factions a rune to provide synergy with their respective terrain modifications
    Underdepths

Exotic
    Volcanic Eruption

[​IMG]
    Limited Edition
    Volcano
    (this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Volcanic Eruption)

[​IMG]
    • Size: 2x2
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • DEF: 2
    • HP: 50
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base cost: 0
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Volcanic Eruptions At the end your turns this unit summons 3 lava traps to random spaces within 5 spaces
      • [​IMG] Lava-fall 2 Spaces within 4 spaces of this champion are Shallow Lava (4 Fire damage on entry and when occupied) for 4 turns.
      • [​IMG] Fire Eater This champion moves unimpeded over Lava. When this champion would take Fire damage, it instead heals HP equal to half the damage that would have been dealt. This champion may not become Charred.
      • [​IMG] Catastrophic Disaster This unit has short lived 1, stationary, and pariah.
    Forglar Swamp

Exotic
    Tsunami

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Tsunami(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Tsunami)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Crushing Waves at the end of your turns enemy champions within 5 spaces take 10 physical damage and are knocked back 1 space.
      • [​IMG] Water Veil When this champion comes into play, spaces within 10 spaces turns into Shallow Water terrain for 3 turns.
      • [​IMG] Catastrophic Disaster This unit has short lived 1, stationary, and pariah.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Sundered Lands

Exotic
    Sand Typhoon

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Sand Typhoon(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Sand Typhoon)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Sand Storm At the end of your turns enemy champions within 5 spaces take 8 physical damage and become sandblasted for 2 turns.
      • [​IMG] Sand Veil When this champion comes into play all terrain within 10 spaces turns into sand terrain for 3 turns.
    Savage Tundra

Exotic
    Hail Storm

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Hail Storm(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Hail Storm)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Hail Storm At the end of your turns summon 3 snow traps to random spaces within 5 spaces of this unit.
      • [​IMG] Ice Veil When this champion comes into play all terrain within 10 spaces turns into ice terrain for 3 turns.
      • [​IMG] Freezing Aura Enemy champions within 3 spaces are Frozen.
    K'thir Forest

Exotic
    Jungle Frenzy

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Jungle Frenzy(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Jungle Frenzy)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Jungle Frenzy At the end of you turns enemy champions within 5 spaces take 10 physical damage and become Burred 2.
      • [​IMG] Jungle Front At the beginning of each turn, all spaces within 3 spaces of this champion become Jungle (Impeding Vegetation) for 4 turns.
    Shattered Peaks

Exotic

Sink Hole
    [​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Sink Hole(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Sink Hole)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Sink Hole Enemy non-flying units within 5 spaces of this unit are lumbering. Spaces within 5 spaces of this unit are unstable ground.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. Redderrick

Forsaken Wastes

Exotic

Open Vortex

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Sink Hole(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Open Vortex)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Rift Vortex At the end of your turns summon 3 rift spirits in random spaces within 5 spaces of this unit.
      • [​IMG] Desecrated Zone 3 Area Effect 3: Affected spaces are Dead Magic Zone.
      • [​IMG] Final Word When this unit is destroyed by a champion, the champion that destroyed it is also destroyed.
    Ironfist Stronghold

Exotic

Fissure

[​IMG]

Limited Edition
    Fissure(this card is not meant to be obtainable and will only enter play through the spell Fissure)

[​IMG]
    • DMG:
    • SPD:
    • RNG:
    • Race:
    • Class:
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Fissure At the end of your turns tiles adjacent to this unit become chasm.
    High cost faction spells.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I like the conceptual theme here. Cycles always feel good and these speak well to the thematics of their respective factions.

That said, I am not sure these would see play. The cost + terrain requirements make them really hard to use, though I do like the terrain restriction. Maybe instead of it being "needs" it could be that the cost is dramatically reduced when casted on that terrain. They also don't contest, being summoned, which I think hurts the concept's viability (but also illustrates WHY summons no longer contest, haha).

I don't understand what "AOE2" means for these. Summoning a champion should just be done at target location?

The fact that they are champions is thematically weird to me, since they are clearly not champions.

5. Redderrick

AoE 2 As in they are all 2x2, similar to the spell Call of the tundra with the yeti

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ah ok, well, normally we don't use AEX to describe that.

AEX describes how many tiles the effect covers, and AE2 specifically means an area 5 spaces across:

upload_2017-11-7_8-58-40.png