Catch Me Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chemical22, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

So old longtime player here - since about 2006.

I haven't played a game now in years. I see some life in the forums with updates - can someone get me up to speed on what I've missed? Who is managing and maintaining the game right now? Is there growth or future plans for Poxnora in the works?

Thanks!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hey, come check the discord that is where most of the active playerbase converges: https://discord.gg/hk5nFyD

Right now we have monthly patches and the game is in a pretty good state balance wise, with lots of decks being viable.

Chemical22 likes this.
  3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Here are a few points.

@Etherielin is trying to update the game through rune modification. He's fairly easy to communicate with. Balance is getting better, and theme power levels are leveling out. Rune redesigns are mostly good.

Discord, https://discord.gg/hk5nFyD, is where all the communication is at.

There are 3 groups of people here.
    1. New and Returning Players - you'll be welcomed and encouraged by many players.
    2. Elite Players - they been around for awhile and have a lot of input into game design, but they have a Split Personality (see what I did there UD players). Like I just said, if your new or returning, they want you around; and they will help you quite a bit. However, if you manage to get shoveled into the third category, the community is toxic, sexist, not fun.
    3. Mediocre Players - these players range is length of time playing and skill level, but they are not elite. Their opinions are not valued, and they are scorned, made fun of, or called "butt hurt" by the elite players because they call something out or make a suggestion that the elite don't agree with. Some are moderately humble (and emphasize "moderately"), but quite a few are pricks. You'll see it on the forums and Discord, and you'll probably see one of them pop in here just to drop their prick flag on the conversation.

So all the best to you in your return. I hope to see you out there. I'm happy to offer you runes for free if I can, just to get you started.

Ray Finkle, super71 and Chemical22 like this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

^what is this stuff?

5. poxrooster

Just advice. It's actually funny. Go to Discord and do a search on "butt hurt" and "butthurt." It's so prevalent and often used in a nasty, defensive tone.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Chemical22 likes this.
  6. Chemical22

Hey man, thanks for the welcome and I will check out the discord link. I'm sure I'll recognize some old faces.

Very nice of you to offer ruins, much appreciated but I have ruins out my butt - I was a very frequent player back in the day. I'm never one to be concerned about the new and meta, I've always liked going against the grain and finding themes and combinations that work outside of it.

I'm a 1 and somewhere between 2 and 3. I've had the experience and insight of an elite, but not the skill of play (I'm all about the fun and the casual aspect of the game and I'm not competitive enough to get butt hurt) :) .

So is @Etherielin part of Desert Owl? Or has that ship sailed?

super71 likes this.
  7. Chemical22

Thanks, will do!

8. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

"If I post it, it's true"

No, balance is now getting worse. Honestly, the few changes that have been positive are

; ice fang unquippable

: vo losing unleash

: loyalty added to bca and bone slave summons

; witch buffs (non competitive, but more fun)

; goblin buffs (almost competitive, or untested)

; kf nerfs, st nerfs (to equips and spells)

; the split sp hero beast with the ghost ability.

:nora gen nerfs

However, they've also been met with horrible changes;

Fw angel nerf
    Fw wandering zombie and spirit nerfs
    Dark rising nerf
    Bone mine GUTTING (huge imo)

Pincusion nerf
    Sand over buffing
    Draksar likely over buffed

Kf buffs (too many ranged 8+ speeds now)
    Is nerfs (too much nerfs in wrong direction, despite nerf to eroding winds being good)

Jellibrium buffs (very stupid, and they are slated to recieve further buffs)

Sp buffs (not even going to mention the nerfs, since they honestly didn't even matter; they recieved buffs that have been equally game breaking)

Aspect of growth, things with healing charged

This is a list off top of my head^^

Im being sincere when I say im not even sure the game is becoming more balanced now, despite things like thorn trap and blue belly getting nerfed. Things are breaking due to rapid, not well thought out changes that cater to ppl who don't play the game.

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It was buffed in the eyes of everyone else but you, including every other FW player.
    Wandering Zombie never got touched. Spirits haven't been nerfed either as a theme - Utterdark Shadecaster got adjusted and spirits are currently slated for buffs.
    Valid and necessary and still viable.
    Still a viable relic.

Still a viable champion.
    Got nerfed, seems to be fine after the manticore nerf.
    Draksar are fine. The rebuke module has been adjusted slightly and is being monitored closely.
    Not a single change to KF champions since the beginning of the patches buffed any of them to become an 8 SPD champion, much less an 8 SPD ranged one.
    The most impactful nerfs to IS involved weakening (but not killing) their autoincludes and the piledriver summons. They have received impactful buffs to offset it.

They lost creativity, their midterm has been shifted away from cheesing with divine shields and their primary nuke also got nerfed.

Such as?

Bold words coming from one of the two people banned from the Discord server for hate speech, trolling, inflammatory language and racism among a few other things. Could add lying to discourage people from coming back to the game to that list.

As for you @Chemical22 - I'm glad to see yet another person come back to Pox. You're welcome to chill in the Discord server anytime you want and if you need any help, you're free to tag me or message me either on forum boards or Discord (I'm easier to catch on the latter). I'm not an official employee, just a community member that receives support from Cortices to push things through as I want this game to keep going.

Chemical22 likes this.
  10. Chemical22

Thanks so much. Glad you are able to keep this ship afloat.

A battle of Buff vs Nerf, Good vs Bad, OP vs Sucks brings me right back to the good ol' days. Some things never change.

Hey, it's your vision, you hold the power and you'll never please everyone. If you don't trust your instincts then you'll be running around in buff-nerf circles trying to follow everyone's direction. I've only played one game since I've been back, but I can tell you it is a much better experience than when I left.

Etherielin likes this.
  11. Bushido

just because im not responding to that stupid post, doesn't mean he's right. he's wrong, and doesn't play pox, nor should he be in charge of anything. and he "doesn't take me seriously" so i'm not going to waste my time explaining basic math.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  12. Bushido

fw angel is trash , and anyone who thinks that is good isn't good at FW. I don't care if every single player in your church thinks that the angel is good, it's not.

wandering zombie lost tough, which was a big deal, since resist pyhsical was nerfed indirectly

dark rising nerf was not necessary. it's viable, but it wasn't a good change.

bone mine is not viable. against kf? maybe idk. they have the worst anti relic in game. against every other faction you don't put down a 40 nora font contest relic, its not viable. I could go further into hp math / nora explanations, but i wont.

sand has nothing to do with manticore (this was a meta rune). sand spray is a very small piece of an actual sand theme. again, its really a math thing, you just need to look at the stats you get per cost to realize sand is bogus.

draksar is likely op, but i am reserving judgment.

no, not a single champion was buffed to become 8 speed, but things that were previously not viable have become more viable, making 8 speeds more prevelant. really just a semantic argument you are attacking me on now?

IS needed some nerfs, but they were nerfed too much. I don't want to do an analysis on this, because honstly it's not my faction and I really don't plan on playing IS anyways. But i would have argued against the changes if I cared.

their mid term now has mind siphon. They didn't lose creativity, literally you can run angel of nourishment for it if that's what you want to do. And, creativity actually affects jellibrium less than any other theme - they only need to deploy, then use reckless blast. literally that is the whole game plan, they don't need to lower cds to spam reckless blast. and it's not like there is any counter play, but I am not going to go into the math of it again.

not going into SP, as the faction is grossly op.

Aspect of growth, things with healing charged
    This is a list off top of my head^^
    Im being sincere when I say im not even sure the game is becoming more balanced now, despite things like thorn trap and blue belly getting nerfed. Things are breaking due to rapid, not well thought out changes that cater to ppl who don't play the game.

this is still true, even if you "cancel" me for "hate speech". Which btw, i did not use, especially when you consider the fact I am Chinese and you have 0 clue what you are talking about. I am not a troll, i literally talk about pox nora 99% of the time, or use the proper channels (so that is a lie from you). As for me "lying' to keep players away, that just sounds like ur butt hurt. I've literally brought players in through my charismatic presence, and all's i have suggested was for players to stay away from certain factions, because of the rapid, poorly thought out changes I have mentioned.

13. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

TL;DR "Everything I've said is correct, but I won't provide actual proof, so just take my outrageous claims at face value."

I'd honestly love to see all this "math" you keep talking about, because it seems like you're the only person who actually HAS seen it. Of course, knowing you, even

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. poxrooster

As I said, the #2's will welcome #1's and help them out for a time. But the #3's get scorned. Thanks everyone for proving my point on this simple post of greeting.

PoxR out.

16. Bushido

Yawn.

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Only cool kids allowed in category #2

poxrooster likes this.
  18. poxrooster

Apparently

19. Bushido

lets be honest
    Btw , I'm honestly kind of shocked you want to see my MATH to calculate value when I'm not the one making any changes to the game. Where was the math behind the dark rising nerf? The recent buffs? My math is of no consideration (although, I can assure you ive made excel spreadsheets). You should be asking "where is the math behind the monthly changes?"

20. Chemical22

I get it guys. You're right, he's wrong. The story of ages.

Besides lively buff/nerf discussions, what else has been improved with this game over the years? I see new UI, and players on the Playstation Network now. I've also seen a new queue system. Anything else of mention?