CBD to treat dogs?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

http://www.vetcbd.com/

Apparently, they are now using CBD oil to treat seizures and other symptoms in pets!

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Sokolov

What I am wondering is if there is something they have to do to make to pet safe... or if it's more of a marketing gimmick and you can just get the "regular" stuff and throw it in with your pet's food.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've been hearing anecdotal stuff about treating pets with Cannabis for a number of years now. Mostly on the internet, so I dunno how reliable it is, but there were a handful of posts that would come up on /r/trees and such on reddit and on some of the various *chans that seemed to suggest that it was very much helping their pets who were in pain, suffering from vision problems, lacking appetite, etc.

I'd like to see more studies done on the effects, though, since I seem to recall there being some less-than-good side effects in the couple of studies that I looked up at the time.

4. Jeremiah34

Jeremiah34 New Member

CBD can be derived from the cannabis plant that's why it is safe for our pet. There is no substance that can harm them from using it then i saw this https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/dutch-passion-glueberry-og It is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract. And as a pet owner, I already tried it on my snowie. When he has a Lyme disease it is dangerous for my dog it is a tick-borne illness that is transmitted through deer ticks. And i used CBD as medicine for him and it works.that's why its safe.

5. Sokolov

@Jeremiah34, so does this company (vetcbd)'s products do something special? Or is it just marketing?

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Oh sorry. I thought this was a post about workers in Manhattan giving little tasty snacks to canine pals.