Centaur Gem Master (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Centaur Gem Master
    Race: Centaur, Faun | Class: Tinkerer, Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: A svelte female centaur is polishing a dark blue gemstone. She is adorned with many bejeweled rings, earring, and necklaces.
    Flavor-Text: Those Centaur not destined for the front lines of battles still find ways of being useful to the war effort. The Centaur Gem Masters, for example, turn their craft into a deadly art which rivals the strength of their greatest champions.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 70-84

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1-2 | HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical (0 NORA)- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Find Nora Gem (18 NORA)- This champion moves 5 spaces at random and then gains Reveal: Nora Gem for 1 turn. Reveal: Nora Gem summons an applicable random Nora Gem relic to an adjacent space. Applicable Nora Gem relics include Cleansing Emerald, Defiling Spinel, Draining Azurite, Fascinating Sapphire, Living Diamond, Scouring Jasper, Soultap Garnet, and Unstable Tiger's Eye. CD: 3, AP: 3
    Nora Gem (2 NORA)- This unit is a Nora Gem. It gains the Luminescence abilities of friendly Nora Gem within 6 spaces.

Upgrade Path 1

Mason 2 (6 NORA, DEFAULT)- Target adjacent relic, shrine, or Construct champion gains 6 HP. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Mason's Blessing (16 NORA)- While this unit is in play, all friendly relics within 8 spaces of this unit have +10 HP and you gain 5 Nora whenever you deploy a relic from the rune dock.
    Soul Mason (3 NORA)- When this unit destroys a champion, your shrine heals HP equal to 20% of the destroyed champion's nora cost.

Upgrade Path 2
    Grant: Nora Gem (5 NORA)- Target champion within 7 spaces gains Nora Gem for 2 turns. CD: 1, AP: 1
    Relocate: Relic (4 NORA, DEFAULT)- Target Relic within 8 spaces is relocated to the nearest available space adjacent to this unit. This ability shares a cooldown with Relocate: Foe and Relocate: Ally. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Reclaim (5 NORA)- Target friendly relic within 3 spaces is destroyed and this champion gains +1 DEF, +5 DMG, and +2 SPD for 6 turns.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    19madfox95, Markoth and IMAGIRL like this.
  2. Xirone

This champion is meant to be an interesting support rune that can randomly become quite powerful, if left alive. This rune idea brings into Pox a new race, Race: Faun, which is a small-sized Centaur. The signature ability is Find Gemstone, which randomly creates one of eight gemstones (already in the game). This champion then gains the abilities of the relics that are created. Overall, an interesting champion for a neglected theme.

3. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, I like except for the random gemstones. It should just be similar to Find Source Crystal except with a random result.

4. Xirone

That's what it is. Find Gemstone is exactly like Find Source Crystal except it randomly creates one of eight gemstones (and has a higher AP cost).

Markoth likes this.
  5. Xirone

I just updated the post switching the name of Mason's Spire's ability to Mason's Blessing to make it fit thematically.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly I really like this champ & the idea behind it. +1

Xirone likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I gave you a like for using svelte in a sentence. Love the concept too.

Xirone likes this.
  8. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Really interesting concept, could possibly make it an ST/KF centaur (not branching the race across) but more for their nora gem synergy.

Also to take some randomness out possibly

Find Wrath Gem (Shrares CD with Pro)
    Find Procterate Gem (Shared CD with wrath)

This way you can have some form of control over it, as 1/8 chance of gems, over the course of the game (as it'd need a 4/5 CD) wouldn't equate to that many anyway.

9. Xirone

Yeah, I thought about splitting the ability into two separate abilities (wrath/prot). The problem with that is that a number of gems are both wrath and prot. One could arbitarily assign the gems to certain sides but no solution would be perfect. Unless a good way to split them up becomes apparent, I think it is best to leave it as one ability. Thanks for the input!