Chained Fae gain teleport?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cinder405, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Can this fairy be changed up a bit so that it has Teleport or atleaset Reckless Teleport instead of just having Swap 3 and Portal as movement options?

The reason I ask for this change is becuase more often then not I have to deploy Chained Fae and then deploy a Fairy first turn of the game so the Fairy gets the benefit of the +5 HP. Well now next turn I don't generate enough nora to deploy a second Fairy to contest mid font and as a result it slows everything down tremendously for me because I have to stay at mid font to contest instead of moving to get my side font. Now the opponent is on top with nora per turn and I'm having to deploy spells on the opponents or summon relics to contest font until further aid is deployed. Now this situation is map dependent but its a huge set back. The argument some people willl have is that Chains of Amareth generates nora but its ONLY on deploy. Often times I feel like I am having to use spells a lot to defeat champions and that means I'm not deploying champs and that means I dont't generate nora. It's all just a slide down the hill.

If chained fae gets teleport Im able to atleast use her to contest and capture a side font and stay pretty even with the opponent.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think she's good as is. She's supposed to be a tempo hit.

No one is forcing you deploy Chained Fae first turn.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I routinely have Chained Fae with 14 to 18 DMG and 20+ HP from Adaptive, even while refunding all of her cost through deploys. The movement restriction is necessary so she's not totally OP.

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh, she's a game-long adaptive unit who pays for herself, letting her move around means that turn 60+ people will cry. And any spells they use to kill her are as if they threw away the nora.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Also, grant: teleport is still a thing.

6. Cinder405

Ok some I'm doing it wrong then. I assumed that because of her having Preordained that it would be best if I deploy her first. But it's not because of the big tempo hit. Preordained is there to only prevent mid to late game reveals so that she's not totally useless in some games. I'll will take everyone feedback and see how she plays out.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Vitality Nora is far superior to adaptive IMO.

Xirone likes this.
  8. Cinder405

Thats what I thought as well but I'll try her with adaptive to see what's up.

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i'm running her in a Fae Oracle/Favor deck, so adaptive is the obvious choice for me.

10. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

She is better now than she has been in years.

She still hardly ever actually pays for herself. 6 champs is a lot. The main thing is the HP boost. Chains of Amareth is basically just Boost + camaraderie. The upside being it stacks with boost.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Keep in mind that when a fairy/wizard is deployed 5 nora is generated. With Vitality: Nora upgraded you can buff more than 6 champions. With Boost and a Banner in play you can give the Chains of Amareth buff to 12 champs.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  12. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

If you deploy 2 chained faes a a time, the other 1 will stack HP without triggering the nora refund. Seems silly, but you can make the refund infinite.

13. Cinder405

Well that's why I was running that ability but I think I'm gonna try adaptive and see how that goes. Although I have tried not deploying her first turn and I didn't even end up deploying her in game. Knowing when to Deploy her is key and I have yet to master it.