Challenge: Win a PvP match with Release Runes only.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirvile, Apr 13, 2017.

1. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

Yeah i mainly just don't play pvp...mostly because i'm a dipstick who can't use deck synergy properly haf the time... :p

2. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

This game needs fresh blood...mainly so i can actually win ;)

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Same here, or hmm well i do both, sometimes its fun with pvp but its also frustrating sometimes, pve is just calmer :)

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This makes a lot of sense right? Because older runes were created when factions were the themes and themes driven by mechanics and racials weren't as much of a focus back then. Combined with the reduced card pool, and you can see why playing themes is vastly more viable now than when it wasn't in the past.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yes. Exactly that in terms of the 'factions as themes'.

But there's more too it. Many years ago, I wrote a few posts about how Pox was moving from a skirmish war game to a Godzilla vs king Kong duel.

Skirmish style had generally low ability champs with a couple of stars. Little one rounding. Lots of coordinated movement.

Then the SOE stuff came in and it was Superchamp, one rounding, etc. Little guys working together didn't really cut it.

Nowadays, it's a better balance. Still a bit more Superchamp style but actually I'd describe it as super themed. You can really max out in a couple of themes / modules to make them highly effective.

sirvile likes this.