Changes SLers would like to see

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Frankly, I'd be happy with a good champion with Crushing Charge + Petrifying Gaze + some anti-range (even just Evasive 1).

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But dragons are so boring.

As is most of the stuff in SL right now. That's what you get when maulers.

3. Sirius

Ah.
    ...yeah.

I will forever love Rumblers and Beacons though, no matter what their powerlevel is.
    Though idk, I'm kind of used to Dragons and I do get to learn a lot about fine little details (because let's face it, there's not that much to learn about the grander strategy aspects) and like you said, it wouldn't get much better if I switched to something else.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skywings make me cry too much. Rumblers was always more of an 'obnoxious design' than a skywing anyway. Wish patrol and imperator weren't absolute garbage.

Sirius likes this.
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

What Burn said. Id like to see some changes to Imperator and Patrol. And please fix the Doc, he needs his upgrades changing.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It could be Magic attack.
    After all, if Doomspeaker can do magic with his spear...

7. Sirius

Let's not just start slapping magic damage everywhere around SL, these changes should be well thought out.

As far as what needs urgent changing though, I feel like The Doc is the primary candidate simply because his upgrade selection makes no sense.
    I'd have loved if he had some charge based "grant form" abilities. It kind of makes sense on him and provides alternatives to Charged Heal. A rough example would be an ability that reads: "spend x charges, target friendly champion gains <Skywing Agitator Form>". (I chose Agitator simply as an example, because I don't wanna see the same Dark Raven and Pit Dragon forms all over again.)

But that's just in my ideal world. :(

Also, once again, Skywing Patrol because it's just so sad.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Problem with doctor is that he's still auto

sharang2 and SPiEkY like this.
  9. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Amen to that.

He's auto, and he's got one build. Fixing the design so that there are multiple options for dispensing of charges would be perfect. Alternately, if upgrade path 1 was Death Charged 1/Death Charged 2/Tough or Boost: Mutant or Exertion or SOMETHING unrelated to charges allowing him to function as an organ harvesting tank, that would be nice.

As is, he's our only good, accessible support/utility rune. If you're SL, you need Doc, and there's only one viable build. That's poor design. There's so few alternate options for healing that you HAVE to take Charged Heal. There's so much wasted nora cost on Death Charged and part of Organ Harvester that you HAVE to take Charged Heal to dispense charges.

1. Alternate options for healing: Something like Blessing of the Scale as mentioned above (Champion(s?) you control heal for four times their rank in Regeneration/heals for two turns' worth of regen) that allow for thematic, potentially combo healing. In decks like Skeez/Drakkies where natural regeneration is on a lot of champs, it reduces the necessity of an off-theme champ. In Mutants or Skeezick (netter makes it worthwhile), and probably most other builds, they will stick with Doc. These changes (mind you, Blessing of the Scale might be better off as a proactive damage shield or something in order to make it viable) would encourage fewer players to run off-theme Doctors just because they need some form of healing. They would also reduce the current one-dimensionality of this narrow if otherwise excellent champ.

2. Alternate options for Doc: Either or both upgrade paths need to be changed. Either the first path should provide 1/2 options, synergizing with Doc's HP up, not involving Charges, or the second path should have 3 options involving charge or HEAVILY discounted options not involving charge to accommodate the nora for Death Charged.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  10. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Also sibling is kind of broken OP. 2x Maulers feels so damn good every time I play it; there's next to no thought process involved here unless I'm playing vs Ethereals. It's not so bad when you don't havetransmission relay recurring maulers, but it's still a massive stat boost at a heavy discount, Redcaps. The fact that each sibling scrys up the other sibling adds so much consistency to Sibling that it may need a cost increase.

*edit* Thank you Sirius, I did in fact confuse Skywing B and Tx Relay.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  11. Sirius

Transmission Relay. You got the 2 awesome dragon relics mixed.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Maulers, because of sibling, are still 2x auto and win so many games when drawn first.

The fact that it auto reveals the other as well is incredibly silly.

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm wondering what removing the auto reveal would do to sibling - in some ways it would be interesting, but would probably make it really inconsistent and draw dependant as well.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

see general discussion

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It's boring, huh?

Well if memory serves from previous instances of claims that things are boring I should proceed to buffing them to levels of abject absurdity.

It seemed to work out alright for ST.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Buff the Firk out of imperator so I at least have some more semi range in dragons.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

thread title got rekt

Anima26 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Sirius

It occured to me that at the same cost, HBoV is strictly superior to Akakios' Blade. HBoV is strictly better in IS (or any faction) than Akakios' Blade in SL (or any faction).

Now, I am aware HBoV is an exotic and it is kind of a "silent" rule that Exos are better, but it was a conscious design decision to move away from higher rarity = strictly higher power. The way I see things, the exotic could be better in most situations and the rare could be more useful in fewer (but well defined) situations.

(To extend this idea, I'd expect legendaries to have fancy combinations of abilities that aren't necessarily mindblowing, but they either have some nice internal synergy or just generally offer an interesting, kind of unique package.)

TL;DR buff Akakios' Blade.

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I dont like this tittle, change it to "Changes SLers would like to see" at least

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

What the hell happened to my thread?

Stupid mods with their touchy feely pc crap.

SPiEkY likes this.