Chaos Brave

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by limone1981, Jul 8, 2014.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Just recognized that is the only Leg of that set without Quest: kill enemy

I know is not worth it but

WHY???

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I know right. So unfair. Just go to poxbase and type in Quest: Kill Enemy.
    EVERY friggin faction's knight cycle retained its quest:kill enemy BUT our poor lil cyclops.

talk about balance (x___x)

3. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

the thing is that also he costs like all the other knight without the knight signature ability!!!
    why always SP??

why???????????????????

(still with that ability will be not runnable like all the clops)

4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Fun fact: it's also the only LE of that set to be absolute, unrunnable garbage.

I'm not going to be "that guy," who accused DOG of deucing all over SP, but there are a lot of runes in SP that were simply ravaged in the revamp, in addition to being wildly overcosted even after the Recosting. *cough* Lightning Elemental *cough*

To clarify: even if Chaos Brave had Quest, he would still be trash. His damage is hilarious (many Moga and Fae do more damage), and he used to get Tough as an upgrade, along with 3 base DEF. Still, nobody ran him, so DOG comes along and makes him even worse, for the same cost as before the revamp. Then, you look at Basilisk Templar... It's hard to not be frustrated.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I agree that he needs quest back, but that's all. Other than that he would be totally runnable, specifically in clops.

On a side note, however, they totally mutilated the Clops theme by taking improve range off of the warwizards. Now as a theme they suck, even if Chaos Brave were to be fixed

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Defiler Knight???

7. allyorbase

You got me. Life Siphon + Vaporize was the only thing that ever made him sorta viable. Forcing the player to choose either Life Siphon, Vaporize, or Quest: Kill Enemy...? Wow. That has to hurt.

8. BansheeX

If he lost Cast Ghostly Visage or it had a realistic pricetag instead of 30 ! ! nora he could be useful.

9. allyorbase

Cast: Cauterize is only 6 nora. :\
    30 is massive. It should be, like, 10, tops.
    I have a strong suspicion that some abilities were costed specifically to suit their recipients, instead of their power.

10. BansheeX

The "fun" thing is that Cast Ghostly on him was always concidered a sandbag ability.

11. allyorbase

It combo'd all right as a debuff for enemies when you had backup from Magical attack allies, but yeah, when you have Vaporize and Life Siphon, you don't need spot Visage for yourself.
    Now, at his cost and with his build, that situational gimmick is nowhere close to worth the cost.

12. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I ran him in a moga deck a long time back, and I really dig tectonic pulse and chuck moga. Alas, his damage is so pitiful now...it makes me want to kick a skeezick.