Chaos Brave

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

yup i remember :) i just didnt read the ability for chunk moga. i figured thats what it was.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think the reason chaos brave isnt really that good is yea: a hodgepodge of expensive semirange abilities.

Just keep him simple and grant him a Quest synergy. I'm thinking something like:

Attack: Physical
    Quest: Kill Enemy
    Chuck Moga
    Devour Moga
    Resistance: Physical 3

Upgrade1:
    Exertion 2
    Initiative 2
    Reinforcement 2

Upgrade2:
    Grant: Devour Moga (dis is interesting)
    Protective
    Hold the Line

3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I like hold the line. what's his cost/stats going to look like?

4. RedScarlet

Current: 82 nora w Exertion 2 (+6 nora)+ Res Phy 2 (+5 nora).

If we delete both upgrades, his base becomes 82-11 = 77 nora.

With my build, his base would be like:

77-12 (tectonic pulse)+8 (quest)+1 (devour moga)+ 5 (res phy3) = 79 Nora

Then we add the Upgrades:

U1:
    Exertion 2 (+6 Nora)
    Initiative 2 (+8 Nora)
    Reinforcement 2 (+10 Nora) - how is reinforcement 2 costs more than initiative 2...

U2:
    Grant: Devour Moga (+2 Nora) - pretty useless without Chuck
    Protective (+6 Nora)
    Hold the Line (+8 Nora)

TLDR; base becomes 79 nora (current is 77), reinforcement is too expensive currently, so the only viable built is Exertion 2 + Grant at 87 Nora.

Scrap my idea, he's just too expensive dont know why, I wont play him at 87 nora lol

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of Protective, but I'd really like to see his race changed to Moga/Cyclops for that to work (thematically, this seems fine cause he has moga in those cages and it's on par with something like moga cannon, where it gets the race of the rider and the mount). Grant: Devour Moga also is a pretty awesome idea for healing. Here's what I'd propose, drawing a lot on your ideas:

Attack: Physical
    Chuck Moga
    Base Cost: 59 (86 right now w/ resis. phys 3 (-6), exert 3 (-9), tec pulse (-12))

Upgrade 1:
    Quest Kill (8)
    Hold the Line (8)
    Grant: Devour Moga (I'm pricing it at 1--maybe it should cost a bit more)

Upgrade 2:
    Protective (w/ race change to Moga/Cyclops) (6)
    Init. 2 (8)
    Resis Phy 3 (6)

Cost Range: 66-75. This allows for a tanky build (hold the line, resis phys/protective), an offensive build (quest:kill, protect/init 2); and a spot healer build (grant:devour moga, init 2).

If the price is off a bit, we could add 1/2 damage to bump his price a bit. Alternatively, Quest: Kill could be base if a lower cost upgrade was added to Upgrade Path 2 (maybe encouraged, warrior foe, or relic guardian) and one of the 6 cost upgrades was moved to Upgrade Path 1.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Sexy. And the price looks good.

7. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I love the implication that the cyclops is a mount of sorts. Needs moar moga rider! YOUR OVERLORD IS DEAD, MY LITTLE ONES; RUN FREE!

8. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Nerf chaos brave, 8 damage to strong! OP NARF PLEZ!

9. RedScarlet

Lets assume for the sake of the argument... Grant devour is costed at 3 nora.
    And also puts him at a good spot for 10 dmg Chaos Brave at 72-80 right?

I'd definitely play this guy given he loses his Res Phy, Exertion, and Tec Pulse. Res Phy isnt that prominent anyways for the cost with all the DoT and varied atk types in 1 unit

10. Raikan

I like increasing his base damage to 10 to help him take advantage of quest:kill. But valuing devour moga at +3 rather than +1 is a total increase of +6 nora (which makes him a bit pricey imo). I'd like to find some way to offset those cost increases. I'd probably change resis: phys to relic defender. That's a bit redundant w/ hauler and it offsets the +6 nora by giving a cheaper option for upgrade 2. Plus, he gets +4 damage when he needs to kill something and use quest:kill.

PS: I really liked the synergy between exertion and quest:kill, but I liked the idea of init 2, deploy, range attack at 2-5, and either a kill from quest:kill or a free moga that can instantly heal another melee unit who gets devour:moga.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Tectonic pulse should cost 5 nora, and if you did this he would be fixed.

12. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Upon reflection; he probably shouldn't have race moga. I know that's a really minor detail compared to fixing the pricing of Tectonic Pulse/giving him more viable builds on his upgrade paths, and otherwise fixing how underpowered he is. I just happened to have a shower thought: If his race was moga, then he would be devourable by anything he grants Devour Moga to. This doesn't really make sense, flavorfully, even if it is a logical interaction of abilities. Eating the moga should not destroy the whole cyclops!

13. Raikan

My understanding is that re-costing abilities is substantially more difficult to accomplish that revising a champion. It's just less likely to happen because there are more interactions to consider.

14. Raikan

I suggested a race change to make him usable in more battlegroups. Without it, he'll have to be in a Cyclops-heavy group to benefit from protective and, to be frank, I don't think the Cyclops need another melee beater, even one with a ranged attack. With the race change, he'll be able to benefit from protective (at least once every three turns, since that moga will likely get one rounded).

The devour:moga interaction is unexpected, but I don't think it will prove to be overpowered because his nora/hp ratio isn't obscene.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  15. RedScarlet

Tbh i initially agreed on cyclops moga as race because of Protective, basically giving him +5DMG semi permanently (chuck moga, forces enemy to kill the moga -> +5dmg).

But i guess with Devour Moga, it just cant be done.