Checkin in

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Qucas, May 29, 2017.

1. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Just want to let you all know I'm doing well. Two, maybe three Monday nights ago, I went and poked the girl on FB and she blocked me, it hurt like hell for a good three hrs, but eventually I managed to fall asleep and went to work the following morning without any real problems. Being doing pretty well since then.

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Why...

Besides, waving at people in your nearby location using FB is the new and improved creepier version of getting the attention of the girl you like.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

She lives no where near me. Anyways, its a long story. I just know I had to move on, and I figured poking her was the least creepy method. I've never talked about it on here, and not many people out there know, but I used to have this one illness. It's gone, not sure when it went away, but I've been off meds for about 6 or 7 months now with no symptoms. Thats all I'm going to say, working on being able to actually have a life. Theres this other girl, but I'm done with her. Theres a chance she was the main cause or one of the causes of the illness.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

How far does she live? I'm old so I don't know about all the "facebook-poking" system, but usually when i was younger you had better result inviting out a girl and driving/going by train even 100-200km to meet her rather than just texting her...with next one you could try this^^

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

She lives half away across the country, not important though. The next one will go better, I'll start getting out more this upcoming paycheck and work on talking to people. Just wish some of my coworkers were less busy or we had similar days off so I could hang with them instead of solo. Trusting people and leaving the house aren't issues anymore but I tend to move fast when I'm out by myself.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im sure youre tired of my advice (since you seem not to take it), but heres more. Don't socialize at work. if you need to learn that one the hard way as well, so be it.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

:rolleyes:

don't take ragic's advise on any sort of inter-human interaction

actually, don't take his advice, period.

nepyonisdead and Qucas like this.
  8. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I don't think I would be doing as good now if I didn't socialize at work and with the job I have, I kind of have too anyways. I rather have a job I can have fun at instead of a job where I shut myself off and just operate like a bot.

9. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

ahaha 80's romance at its finest

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Socializing at work is good. For me personally, once I left the place I stopped talking to 99% of them, but while I was working there they definitely made life and work more enjoyable. So my advice is to listen to burns advice which was to ignore Ragics advice.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

what's your country? because if its SanMarino or Swaziland, its kinda near^^

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

US, might be more or less than halfway, not sure. I hear in some countries, you can drive for 3hrs and end up in a different country.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

one hour from any points in Belgium and you end up in another country, an hour and a half, tops

Qucas likes this.
  14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im not talking about the cook outs. im talking about dating.

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I wouldnt date any of the girls I work with, and even if I would, I agree that you shouldnt date your coworkers.

Ragic likes this.
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

God, I always used to think ''Whats the worst that can happen from dating your co-worker?'' Turns out a huge amount. Never again.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cool beans, sounds like you got a good grasp on things and are headed in the right direction. Just keep going, one step in front of the other and the past will become more distant and finally drop over the horizon. Don't look back, look forward. You'll do great!

SPiEkY and Qucas like this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if you do 100 km an hour on average and looking at this map using the scale bar ( a small part being 350km) you can see that is true for a lot of countries

[​IMG]

Portugal and the Netherlands are barely 2 hours wide, belgium would be 1 hour tall but they have terrible roads, ask burns.

MaruXV and Qucas like this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

from where i live in 3 hours drive i can get to slovenia, austria, switzerland, france, and sanmarino.

anyway, i dated for 4 years my wife while she was living in japan. thats 12000km to meet. and it worked. so you have no excuses @Qucas

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

My mother was on Honeymoon in your country of residence last week.
    they liked the food. if people can find love for the second time at 50 there is hope for @Qucas

MaruXV likes this.