Checking Back in . . . What the best new deck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poxrooster, Feb 12, 2018.

1. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

What's the best new deck to buy from the market?

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I like the ud and FW ones personally. I think they have the better shard value since u can't sac pd runes

poxrooster likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

MaruXV likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

UD has some good stuff

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

To quote an old movie "the only way to win is not to play"

Client is pretty rough, and unless we hear from an owl soon the game might be dead...so ya, i guess play while you can but careful with your money

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's a quote from a song, Suicide is Painless

7. calisk

Ah you are right re checked the quote from war games.

"The only winning move is not to play" is the right one

8. poxrooster

Thanks, but this doesn't help.

9. calisk

well i you want advice for what to play probably play ST, or SL.

all said though net decking a near dead game is largely pointless you should be able to win with anything.

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

there's more active matches in ranked than i've seen in like 6 months. tf u talking about

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Again, take a look at the link I provided. It lists the shard value of all marketplace decks.

12. calisk

The dead part has nothing to do with the players in the game, I assume if it was doomsday the players that are still here would keep playing, every game has die hard fans that will remain till the game is gone.

i mean city of heroes fans were so dedicated they made this https://valiance.shogn.net/ so they could keep playing it even if it is 13 years later.

It's the signs being put out by the developers of the game itself that lead me to make the statement it's on it's last legs.

sometimes games shut down even if players are still playing,

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Bondman007 likes this.
  13. poxrooster

Thanks, but I'm not interested in the shard count. I just wanted to know what's the best deck.

14. poxrooster

It's been on its last legs for years, so it's hard to believe that statement.

15. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

True, but there's something different about the current situation and we all feel it.

potatonuts likes this.
  16. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Maybe when they stop releasing crap like Space Wars they'll actually make an effort to fix the client. Sadly it seems like the small PS4 community has already given up on that ever happening.

17. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Then you obviously weren't around when SOE dropped development on the game because Pox is in the EXACT same status as then...

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. calisk

slightly worse, back then we still had a community manager telling us he couldn't do or say anything lol

Anima26, Bondman007 and potatonuts like this.
  19. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Nah, 6 six years ago and all the way up til now people have always been crying doomsday and that the game is dead. It feels exactly the same as back then.

And just like back then people like tp cry about whats wrong but not think of solutions or how to implement those solutions.

MaruXV and Anima26 like this.
  20. calisk

I've been through them all, and been here since the shattered peaks expansion, seen this twice before, once for 6 months when pox was being sold to sony, and once when sony sold it back for about 9 before we at least started seeing life in patches and what not, both times community managers remained active but cryptic.

This is exactly like those times, all development has stopped, our community manager, and project leads seems to have gone MIA, and finally and most damning with a completely FUBAR'd client and embarrassing showing on the PS4 and VITA, they are making no effort for months to fix that, when it would of been crucial to do that immediately.

so whether you think pox is doomed or not, this is clearly an event like the previous two times, something happened at owls to get them to decide to stop working on pox, the previous two times was because they sold it and it wasn't the current owners problem anymore, but i doubt they sold pox this time, so the conclusion you must reach is for one reason or another they no longer feel they need to put effort into developing pox, and if it's not because it was sold then why would that be?

I suspect Sony is involved for what ever reason this is happening as everything that has ever gone wrong with pox has involved sony, but at the end of the day we will likely only find out when the devs inevitably do there next post, a post which will either be good news or bad news, one that will likely tell us things are changing for the better, what ever was impeding them is gone, the programing team is freed up, they got granted a new loan or something else, or bad news....pox is no longer profitable, the teams are pulled off for good, soko is gone, and pox will either remain as the shell it currently is with no support or super vision, and the plug will be pulled at a later date.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Bondman007 likes this.