China flys bomb over South China Sea

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Dec 12, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

http://www.news.com.au/world/china-...e/news-story/c6c812c041770c172e0c53310b07244f

First off nuclear bombs are obsolete as most powerful countries have them, nuclear war=everyone dies and the average person without a bunker and a few years of food and water dies.

Another thing I don't understand is why is China building man-made islands and putting military bases on them ? It would be completely understandable if maybe they were building them for population concerns or something of that nature, but building them for military bases seems sketchy ?

I've been following this for a while now, and I can't understand why if it's being used for trade that China is just going to claim the whole south china sea, the whole concept seems ridiculous.

It seems all forms of government have lost their god damn minds and need to be put in their place. Can't think of the last time any government did anything for the people and completely for the people. Governments were designed to serve the people, all they seem to want to do is go to war with all the common folk leading the charge.

This goes for the United States, China, Middle East, Russia, Europe, it's truly sad.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if they have islands then they have a claim on the surrounding territorial waters and the oil and resources in the seafloor.

what did you think the falklands war was about? just about the cold ass islands with some people and penguins on them?

SireofSuns likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Think of those islands as toll booths

SireofSuns and Geressen like this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

eeeeyyy Ragic sayin something that makes sense, people in the drinking game take a shot.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Didn't stop the US and the Sovjet Union from building enough nukes to ruin the world several times over during the cold war

it's like a ***** contest, but with mass destruction

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Russia, China, France, the US, UK, Israel (unofficially), Pakistan,India, and South Africa, Iran (maybe) and North Korea(maybe) all have nukes and should invade eachother for having WMD's

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

lol

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Bomber, not bomb.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im guessing the bomber had a bomb in it, so technically...... see _____ i can do it too.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That would be a serious risk just for show and a huge expense when you could fly it empty or with a dummy bomb for the same effect.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Mars_Bluff_B-47_nuclear_weapon_loss_incident

:D

more hilarious than dropping an atomic bomb which luckily had the radioactive part stored in another part of the plane and injuring 3 kids would be dropping a nuclear bomb on some intended target and forgetting to put the charg in making it just a comically oversized bomb.

12. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I think it's because the US has been building islands in the South China Sea, while also pushing a unilateral trade deal (TPP) to economically blockade china.

It will be interesting to see how China reacts to trump talking to Taiwan though.

Also interesting, adding he renminbi to the world currency reserve should allow the US dollar to devalue 20%, which would effectively ease the global financial crisis and allow many different types of jobs to be cheaply moved back to the us. It'll take a little bit, but we may skirmish war with Russia and China for purely economic reasons to accelerate/straw man the 20% devaluation on global markets.

Should be a fun 20 years.

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. super71

Where is the source that the United States is building man-made islands or did you just make that up ? I've looked just about everywhere for that information and found nothing. Trump talked to Taiwan, if Trump simply talking to Taiwan somehow undermines the "One China Policy" then China has bigger problems to worry about than the United States. We have been trade partners with Taiwan for many years and they are constantly pushing the buttons on the United States, why wouldn't we be talking to Taiwan instead of China from a trade perspective ? The big problem China has with Trump talking too Taiwan is that Trump is no Obama.

China has kept their currency down over the last few decades to reduce the cost of imports and increase the cost of exports.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    st3ck likes this.
  14. super71

Very rarely seen a bomber not carrying bombs before, did they have a nuke on board ? Most likely not but the message was still there, do as China says or else we will pretend like were going to attack the United States.

It's unlikely that any country would ever really push war on America, mostly because we have a large military but we also have many allies and a lot of reach. The only way any country could do war with the United States is if they allied with another main power Russia and China, this is why Trump is pushing for stronger ties with Putin which people don't seem to understand. Also seeing as how most countries copy and steal every bit of technology the United States creates and we have done nothing about it, it's safe too assume that were light years ahead of where the public thinks we are militarily and technologically.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

welcome to the post truth soceity. where the facts don't matter and logic doesn't follow.

16. super71

@st3ck Still waiting for the website or any information saying the United States is producing man made islands in the South China Sea.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

thats because they are not, that is what China is doing. I got no idea why he made that typo.

st3ck likes this.
  18. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Yea sorry, original sentence should have had CN not US, and the US part should have been moved to after the comma.

Also, somewhat interesting and related and from 2014. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA4E08O20140515

Things have been escalating for a while, and the sub drone kidnap is a plot thickener for sure.

super71 and Geressen like this.
  19. super71

Yeah things are escalating very quickly and it's sad to see that the average joe will go to war for a bunch of government ********.

st3ck likes this.
  20. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

The USA and china won't go to war anytime soon, it's a ridiculous economic loss for both of them.

Seems like Taiwan missed its chance for independence from the research I've seen. The more time that passes the less defendable Taiwan becomes. China's military is catching up fast, and USA wouldn't be able to respond quick enough to defend Taiwan.

I think I read somewhere that taiwan could defend for about a week or two before falling, which is down from the several months a decade or two ago.

It would be reckless to end the status quo, Taiwan would fall and china/USA would face huge losses themselves so no one really benefits. Interesting topic.