Classes need to be re-assigned

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This should happen at some point, the revamp made alot of mistakes when assigning classes to champions, too many champs have no class, some classes are too few and some are way too common like warriors. @Sokolov

TheBulwark likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Archetypes too plz

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Agreeing in a mw24 thread.

And races too.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a related note, anyone know whether or not Vashal are supposed to be Beasts anymore?

5. Morfeas

They're not.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You know in majority of cases this means nearly nothing. They dont NEED to be as their impact is for the most part minimal and there are more certainly more important things on the agenda

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It might be more helpful to list some champs that the devs could change in the next few patches rather than saying the devs need to reevaluate 1000s of runes on a whim.

Ancestral Avenger- Change from Warrior to Brute
    Centaur Interceptor- Change from Warrior to Knight
    Circle Messenger- Change from Bard to Bard, Knight
    Elven Ancestor- Change from None to Warrior, Wizard

All in all, not the highest priority but added flavor is nice.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

defender, boost, commander, and several other abilities work with classes now so it actually is very high priority. Once they fix this it will change alot of class themed bgs for the better that currently aren't very playable.

hfok likes this.
  9. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Not everything is a warrior, thats one thing that was said earlier. Or are you trolling lol

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Revamp changed some of the classes, but they mostly stayed the same. Most champions without classes never had them. I may add some in the future but classes are not fundamentally broken or misassigned as a whole.

But yes, if people have specific class requests, I have no problem implementing them most of the time if they make sense.

11. Sokolov

I don't have a specific desire to make specific class themes "playable" by spamming those classes everywhere just for the heck of it. This isn't a high priority at all.

The fact that those abilities factor in Class also simply allows for more flexibility in builds.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rangers, rangers, archers, paladins, monks, wizards, witch, etc are all bgs based mostly on class. There are many runes that suggest they are supposed to be playable bgs but often times do not work because of the current distribution of classes. Monks were developed more this expansion but not nearly enough to be decently strong, rangers lack things such as alt damage in most cases, paladins hardly exist outside of IS now, etc

13. Sokolov

Paladins are a supported theme. The rest has some runes here and there that helps them play together but haven't been developed meaningfully. Adding a few more runes with Class: X isn't going to make that theme suddenly becoming interesting and fun and is the wrong way to develop a theme.

In what way were Monks "developed" in this expansion?

Just because things share a Class doesn't make them a theme.

Not everything needs to be runnable together and "developed" and be equal to everything else just because they share some similarity.

Next you will start asking for runes that start with the letter A to be supported as a theme.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

monks are mostly in the st and fs factions, they got 3 new monks this expansion. There are also runes like northern wind discipline that suggest this could or should be a playable theme.

Also I don't see why IS/SL or IS/FW paladins isn't a thing, the only reason it is not really possible currently is because something like 80%(made up number) of the runes in the factions with a class are warriors with very few paladin shaman and priest.

15. Sokolov

Most champions have a Class. The fact that new champions are released with Classes doesn't mean that those Classes are being specifically developed as a theme by said runes.

Northern Wind Discipline didn't come out this expansion, so arguing that Monks were developed this expansion by citing it makes no sense.

16. Sokolov

Basically, runes have Classes. Sometimes they end up working well as a theme, sometimes they don't. Some themes are Class-based and developed, and others aren't.

I don't mind changing some classes or adding more classes to ones that don't have any here and there. But the class assignments aren't fundamentally broken and we also shouldn't expect every Class: X to be a competitive theme. And even if we want to develop a Class as a theme, we should do it properly, not just by slapping a few more runes with the Class.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thanks.

TheBulwark and Ohmin like this.
  18. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

With this amount of champions the time feels right. Pls start doing this.
    Nonetheless, there are a few fixes here and there. But nothing that should shake up the game (going for champs like brewmaster here, he doesnt need it but doesnt hurt him either to change it real easy (and yes I have suggested this several times now (stubborn as a dwarf)))

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ferren focus would also be better if the distract or slow was removed, its not strong enough as it is and with the current state of ferren.

20. Morfeas

How about going over every rune and reevaluating their class and race? Checking whether they make sense, whether they fit lore wise/art wise, see if changes will have implications in the meta. Would that be something you are not willing to spend the resources to do just because it doesn't affect balance as much?

Same goes for clearing up all the champion descriptions. Hundreds of mistakes and inconsistencies there, and for the billionth I'll mention I volunteer to go over them.