Clinker Witch

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Yellow = New abilities

Clinker Witch

Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Race: Human
    Class: Witch
    Rarity: Rare

Artwork: (artist unknown :()
    FireWitch.jpg
    Flavor: " That's just old folklore, child. And certainly not what I mean by 'Out of the pan and into the fire' "

Nora Cost: 73 (base + default upgrades)

Stats
    Damage: 0
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1
    Defense: 1
    Health: 48

Base Abilities (Has No Auto Attack)
    Elsari Coven

Explosive Relocation [8 Nora]
    When this champion is relocated, it deals 6 fire damage to units within 2 spaces

Teleport 1 [CD 1, AP 4, 6 Nora]
    This champion is relocated to target space within 5 spaces, and loses Rooted.

Fire Aura 3 [8 Nora]
    At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 6 Fire damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.

Upgrade Path 1
    Cursed Fire [6 Nora]
    Fire damage dealt to cursed units within 5 spaces is increased by 2. This effect does not stack

Fire Acolyte [6 Nora] (DEFAULT)
    Whenever a champion takes Fire damage this champion is healed for 2 HP. This does not include damage from Charred.

Upgrade Path 2
    Blinding Roll [CD 3, AP 3, 6 Nora]

This champion is relocated to target space within 4 spaces. Opposing champions within 2 spaces of the target space are Blinded (This champion's attacks automatically miss) for 2 turns. This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.

Phantom Dash [CD 2, AP 2, 8 Nora] (DEFAULT)
    For 1 turn, the next time a friendly champion makes a successful basic attack against target champion within 6 spaces, this champion is relocated to the closest available space to that champion.

Flame Armor 1 [CD 1, AP 2, 6 Nora]
    This unit gets +4 DEF and gains 1 additional rank of Damage Shield - Fire (to a max of 3 ranks) until the end of the next turn.

Premise
    The first fire-based witch. Her main theme is jumping around the battlefield dealing heavy area damage. Cursed Fire mainly just benefits her right now, but she is made to take full advantage of it. She can be built as very high damage and low defense (Fire Curse + Relocation upgrades) or as a lower damage, tankier unit (Fire Acolyte + Flame Armor).

Explosive Relocation is triggered by Teleport, Blinding Roll and Phantom Dash. This allows her to be damaging while remaining mobile as cursed units will be taking 8 fire damage from the relocations alone in a witch bg. The ability will also be triggered by Swap on the Fleshweaver Witch. It also makes it harder for the enemy to relocate her without taking damage. Note: Relocation damage can hurt your units too.

Upgrade Path 1
    This is simply a choice between heavier damage in a Witch BG, or being tankier in a non-witch BG.

Upgrade Path 2
    Blinding Roll is a compromise of defense and damage (assuming explosive relocation)
    Phantom Dash will be usable more often than Blinding Roll and works out better for damaging foes.
    Flame Armor is full on defense and the Fire Shield it grants works with both of her path 1 upgrades to either deal more damage or tank more damage.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Joker and Sirius like this.
  2. Fikule

Added ability descriptions, cooldowns and ap costs for ease of reading.

For the record, her theme is basically a pyromaniac witch, zipping around the battlefield, disrupting enemies and causing mayhem, like a living artillery.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Sirius likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Explosive relocation it's soo nice, +1.
    For burning curse I recommend the same treatment as coven leader in the other thread

4. Fikule

Thanks, I liked the idea of relocation damage mostly because of all the scenarios that might crop up from it.

For burning curse, my reply it pretty much the same as in the other thread. Not sure it's worth being global atm though. I imagine 5 range would let it have a lower cost, plus she is currently the only fire witch.

My other worry was a Witch/UD Fire BG, which, while I think it'd be fun, it probably doesn't need global +2 ;)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Those abilities would be global depending on your ability to keep champions cursed, so I don't think it would be broken.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

why not add annihilate since it fits he discription

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Add Elsari coven as base ability and I would support it ;)

8. Fikule

True, but I imagine the cost would have to be higher :(
    Are you thinking one global curse active at once or just any that are out all active?

That would be 15 extra nora. And burning curse benefits mostly from dealing lots of separate fire damage :)

Currently I don't want to add it because she'd go up to 7 abilities and a 77 nora cost. My hope is that the next patch will see Coven just scale based on witches so they don't all need it. But yeah, ideally she'd contribute :p

9. BansheeX

Perhaps take the Fire Aura off her then? Might get a touch out of hands in a Fire bg.

10. Fikule

If she still requires Coven herself after they update it, I probably will.

Was thinking of lowering her damage somewhere though, but I was wanting to keep as many fire sources as possible for proccing the curse. If she doesn't need Coven I'm guessing I could make the aura rank 1 or 2. Just so it procs the curse benefit, but won't dish out quite as much.

11. Fikule

On the other hand, if I gave her both Coven & Fire Aura 2, she'd be only 1 more more than she is now. With 7 abilities ofc, but I suppose Coven hardly counts.

Any of that strike you?

12. BansheeX

I am just afraid her damage output in Fire would be to insane with Fireaura as well.

Her base damage would be higher, Fireamp would be present and her otehr abilities would also be amped.

13. Fikule

edit: The second half of this post is most relevant ^^

Hmm, what about Aura 1? I am mostly just wanting to keep it for the curse.

As an aura 1, in an amp deck it would go from 2 to 3 damage at best, but would remain at 4 damage in a witch bg.

Ok, here's some scenarios for her damage in UD and FW:

UD Fire BG (50% Amp Achieved)
    Attacking with 7 AP
    Teleport - 9 Damage (9 Total)
    Attack - 15 Damage (24 Total)
    Aura 1 - 3 Damage (27 Total)

Attacking with 9 AP
    Phantom Dash - 9 Damage (9 Total)
    Teleport - 9 Damage (18 Total)
    Attack - 15 Damage (33 Total)
    Aura 1 - 3 Damage (36 Total)

FW Witch BG (Enemies are Cursed)
    Attacking with 7 AP
    Teleport - 8 Damage (8 Total)
    Attack - 10 Damage (18 Total)
    Aura 1 - 4 Damage (22 Total)

Attacking with 9 AP
    Phantom Dash - 8 Damage (8 Total)
    Teleport - 8 Damage (16 Total)
    Attack - 10 Damage (26 Total)
    Aura 1 - 4 Damage (30 Total)

You know, in keeping with her theme of being living artillery (AoE), maybe she's better off losing her auto attack and keeping aura 3? It is mainly the auto attack that scales so insanely in UD.

Damage numbers without it:
    UD Fire BG (50% Amp Achieved)
    Attacking with 4 AP (requires less ap)
    Teleport - 9 Damage (9 Total)
    Aura 3 - 9 Damage (18 Total) (9 less)

Attacking with 6 AP (requires less ap)
    Phantom Dash - 9 Damage (9 Total)
    Teleport - 9 Damage (18 Total)
    Aura 3 - 9 Damage (27 Total) (9 less)

FW Witch BG (Enemies are Cursed)
    Attacking with 4 AP (requires less ap)
    Teleport - 8 Damage (8 Total)
    Aura 3 - 8 Damage (16 Total) (6 less)

Attacking with 6 AP (requires less ap)
    Phantom Dash - 8 Damage (8 Total)
    Teleport - 8 Damage (16 Total)
    Aura 3 - 8 Damage (24 Total) (6 less)

It would certainly bring her more in line. And I think gathering a full 50% amp deserves a little higher damage than the enemy unit being cursed.
    Could probably just replace the basic attack with Coven. Not sure what the cost would look like, would she go to 0 damage?

edit: Also worth noting that phantom dash would be every other turn. so the average damage per turn with her would be 20 AoE damage. However, she is AoE damage that can be attacked and is clearly visible on the map (not a spell/stealthed/etc) so people are able to position accordingly. If the enemy units are not cursed this damage goes down to an average of 15 per turn.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  14. Fikule

Ok, well, going to try it like that.

Removed the auto attack from base and added Elsari Coven. Damage changed to 0, cost from 72 to 70.

15. BansheeX

I like the idea of being a volatile bomb zipping around leaving a trail of flames and destruction.
    I´ll imagine she cackles maniacly while doing so.

She could be an interesting candidate for Ghost Pendant with the Burning Curse upgrade. I might be tempted to rename that to Cursed Fire.

Sirius likes this.
  16. Fikule

Hah. Hadn't even considered the pendant. Safety plus a use for her extra AP on her "off-turns".

It's a shame Ritual of Ashes doesn't deal fire damage, or that would work quite nicely with her too.

And yeah, I suppose it doesn't actually cause Burning/Charred. Would make it easier (and more understandable) if you ended up with "Cursed Disease" and such later. Will change that.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Loving the concept! I really badly want to play this Rune.

18. Fikule

ty ^^