Cloak of ice

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Beasts for life, May 19, 2015.

1. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Shard Value ₦5
    Nora 25
    ST Faction

Equipped champion has Ice Armor and Freezing Aura. If equipped on a champion with Attack: Frost, it also gains +1 SPD.

What is ice armor?

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Used to be every time a champ is attacked by a melee, the attacking champion gets -2SPD. Or something like that.
    Good catch since Ice Armor is no longer in the game.
    A case could be made for it to be the exact opposite of Tinder Box:
    35 nora.
    Equipped unit gains Frost Accolyte and Frost Aura 3. If equipped on a champion with Attack: Frost, it also gains +1 SPD.
    Doubt the anti ST squad would allow that to happen, though.

Beasts for life likes this.
  3. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Yeah that would be awesome frost aura and frost acolyte, and yeah ST is trash compared to most factions atm.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I believe frost armor is slowing armor now or at least that's what happens in game last time I used it.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Ice Armor = Slowing Armor as above said

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will get the description updated. Thanks for the catch.

Incidentally, this equipment is pretty underrated.

KingJad likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Yeah, it hasnt been meta since release, Im sure ST players are idiots and should run it in every bg.
    Guess what, people did and the results were awful.
    /facepalm

8. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its more melee hate in a faction that has majestic, unless your looking for frozen it seems like a tough include. Then again it is only 25 nora.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Saying that it is "underrated" is not the same as "run it in every BG."

/facepalm

10. Pedeguerra

Yeah, sure, try to convince me that this equipment is being played.
    "Oh, but it fits in one particular bg".
    "Good, then its underrated".
    Jeez.

11. KingJad

I agree with sok on this one, love ya tho pede. Underrated means it isn't played as much as it should be or it's not considered as good as it actually is. It's a 25 nora equip and it gives some pretty good benefits.

12. bioalchemy

bioalchemy Member

Totally underrated. I'm using it in a NKD bg right now. The debuff plus allowing damage gain on your monks is great.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It is good when your opponent doesn't know what to do with it, much like NKD.

All synergies it has aren't instant benefits, you rely 100% on your opponent engaging your unit and perma slow it's units.

I don't feel it's underrated by anyone, it's just unappealing to play with right now (most likely the lack of utility).

In the end you would better use that 25N in something else.

14. KingJad

It has plenty of utility in the right bgs; not all equipments can be designed or should be designed to have a role in every possible bg like keeneye was. I feel its underrated because in themes or bgs that it would be a worthy include people don't even turn their heads despite its cheap cost. I doubt your opponent can afford to stop attacking or see that as the most efficient option after you drop an equipment thats 25 nora. they will still attack and freezing aura reduces speed and will most likely force them into some awkward positioning if they don't want to be hit with the full power of the equip. I'm not saying the equip is some God send super equip that's sleeper op and we all missed but it's not as terrible as let on.

15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It is a good equipment, it shouldm't change in any way. What needs to change is the enviroment in which it is playable.

The introduction of another Savage Exploit rune raises it's utility. I didn't meant to say it was bad and required some tunning.

16. Pedeguerra

The one thing you guys are missing is that this is an anti-melee equip.
    Why would you splash this on an unit when Ancient Implications is around and is way more beneficial than this equip?
    Why not just change the damn thing to be Tinder Box counterpart and give champs Frost Accolyte + Frost Aura?
    But wait, I know why: anti ST crowd wont allow it.

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Didn't though about it. Which other suggestions do you have for this equipment?

18. Pedeguerra

Make it Tinder Box counter part.

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Which other pede ¬u¬

20. Pedeguerra