Clone Matter aka Replicate Defiance

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by aseryen, Aug 5, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/cxBcx9CvXc...wcf2clxcggcuMcjZs5Xsos74s87R2@r3Ze3We3Je3Fe1A (the extra Croma Visonary is Croma Extinguisher) poxbase hasn't been updated with the newer expansions)

Essentially a FW Wish bg. Mystic Atelier and Croma Extinguisher use Clone Matter to replicate a Stonearm Sash; must be equipped on an enemy champion to use Clone Matter. Craft/Pilfer to constantly keep your equips available seems like a good choice, although I think with the units I have here I am ok stalling out and waiting for the runes to come off cooldown.

Right now there are several modules built into the deck. It is quite expensive as far as shards/pb value however I think removing the Lich/Phylactery module to replace with spirits (Arroyo Riftwalker paired with Rockforger seems impressive) to get Whispers of the Veil for an extra buffer when Hymn is down is a cheaper alternative.

A lot can be changed to reduce shard value. I think there are several themes that would benefit greatly from having a Stonearm Sash.

Spirits: Increase the amount of turns you will have a buffer out with Whispers of the Veil and Grintmaw Hymn
    Skeletons: Tactical Manual/Tales of Valor supported with a Medal of Valor and some units with Stone arm Sash all collecting Bone Mines to increase their max HP (and DMG with ToV/Manual) makes for a strong presence.
    Humans: Foul Rite seems like a more obvious choice in order to keep your Cromas alive and strong.
    Vampyres: Stonearm Sash and Blood Crest has a lot of potential. Mason's Spire is in FW and this deck lends itself to Divine Dispersal from IS so keeping all relics at max hp and in play won't be a problem.

I really enjoy Wish in ST so having another Wish module in FW (which has always taken a back seat because of Wish when I would decide to split) has me really excited.

Rock Defiance may not be for everyone, but any alternative ideas for Clone Matter are more than welcome.

I'm waiting for the day to play KF/Dreambox and have them steal a Heartstone. I would never attack that thing and continuously Clone it.

newsbuff and poinl like this.
  2. aseryen

upload_2016-8-7_2-23-38.png
    This is what I have for the moment. 21 champs and actually I would like to try Stitched Tyrant as well, perhaps in place of Collection of Souls however I think CoS fits nicely in this group since Inspire on Rock Defiance seems deadly.

I only have one Stonearm Sash even though I wanted to spread Rock Defiance out as much as possible. I just think with Craft from Lodestone Armory I will have a choice of equip whenever needed. Medal of Valor quickly turns into a pseudo Stonearm Sash once it is replicated onto my other units.

I will play around with this composition for a while and change what I see necessary. I'm partial to the Phylactery module and having Exhume on my Trolls is hilarious so those runes are more for personal taste. Although Gift of Scrying on Eternal Lich makes the module worth it.

Something I noticed when looking at Lodestone Armory was that it buffs a few Vampyres. This may make Vampyres a better theme to split with over Spirits. I really haven't messed around with FW's Clone Matter but I'm finding a lot of units that could benefit from the ability. Elsari Tomb Raider in this group, with Hidden: Rock and Hunter: Meek/Snatch, is a really cheap choice. Having Vampyre with Blood Crest and Stonearm Sash/Rock Defiance, that's a free +5 DMG and +5HP by the time your opponent widdles the crest down.

Lots to play around with in this theme, and I think I am heavily invested into it now. IS/ST Rock Defiance/Wish is a theme I heavily play so any chance to try the same in another faction I'm going to.

3. aseryen

I have posted a x4timelapse video as well since the video is a bit long. I activate Clone Matter at the bottom font with Mystic Atelier and Croma Extinguisher. I think the amount of unique abilities these champions offer is more than enough reason to run so many units.

Currently I am switching out excessive runes to meet Achievements that are on rotation right now. Voil King Ruubgaal as well as Pestilence to meet the Heroic Achievements for this rotation.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. aseryen

Ok so I've found that Pilfer is invaluable to this bg.

Croma Extinguisher already has Shatter so what ever unit has Pilfer will eventually have their equipment Shattered by Croma Extinguisher. This is to put your equip on cd so that a Craft unit can reset the cd. Wait for Clone Matter on Mystic Atelier and Croma to refresh and then deploy another equip onto your opponents unit. The range of Clone Matter is insane and works great for spreading Rock Defiance around the field.

upload_2016-8-10_18-14-9.png

I'm lacking a lot of spot dmg, and relying heavily on Stonearm Sash isn't ideal. Maleficia doesn't fit and I want to replace for another Croma which may clean things up.

I'm looking at Vampyres however already relying on Mystic Atelier is less than ideal as well so adding Blood Crest into the mix is most likely a no go.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cwdCvXCgcd...cggcyZcyKch-cjKc3Os2=s74s6xs87r3or2@R3Ze3Je1A

Still looking at Spirits/Whispers of the Veil, however that also leaves me with little spot dmg in terms of Spells.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Have you thought about using brew equips and dwarves in this BG? This BG relies a lot on equiping the enemy, so in the case of failing to get back or destroy the equips you put on the enemy, Brews seem like the best option- that is, an equipment that is beneficial to you both when its equiped on the enmy and yourself. (As most, if not all Brews cause the intoxicated condition, which hurts non- dwarves and benefits dwarves).

Of course, Sok has said multiple times hes planning on changing intoxicated, so this may be a temporary tactic, but it seems like a good one to me. This is also something that can only really be done well if IS is split with FW- as the wish spell wouldn't spread equips around fast enough in such a BG.

(Note, I've never played nor do I even know what pretty much all of the brews do, however I felt like suggesting this idea. Feel free to tell me I'm dumb :p).

6. aseryen

I prefer to play Dwarfs with brews, and it's not something that Croma Extinguisher would benefit from. Dwarfs and Rock Defiance both have a pretty good stall game so it's bearable to wait for a Croma Extinguisher and a Mystic Atelier to clone whichever equipment you want.

There is a good selection of Dwarf Pilfer units and Ironfist Agent can generate Relic's for Croma to destroy so that works too.

If I can get Vampyres to work they have enough possession that I don't have to rely so heavily on removing the equipment from the enemy unit.

I'd just wait for the rework to play intoxicated.

DrakeArron likes this.
  7. aseryen

https://poxbase.com/deck/cwdCvXCgcd...cggcyKcxLch-cjKc3Os2=s74s6xs87r3or2@R3Ze3Je1A

The croma's placeholders for Croma Extinguisher.

This is what I'm thinking for Vampyres

Stitched First has a solid spot with relocate: relic and transfer life. He is also able to create a healthy swarm of Stitched once the stichlings die. I like Stitched Warlock as well for Grace of Dead, however I don't have enough spells to make it worth a slot.
    Ironfist Collector won the slot over Ironfist Agent, both Pilfer units but I think relocate: relic may come in handy more often. Also an IS pick for when I want to remove Stitched and their relocate: relic.

I think having two Craft units will let me spread equips around faster. If I could get another equip in here somehow it would make having two craft units worth while however Craft only works in faction and IS is tight for slots. I'm not sure if Soul Reaver would work with Craft but that could work as a FW slot.

Since I want to be deploying Croma Extinguisher, and her rng is 1 Execution order seemed like a good pick. My Pilfer units are melee and Bouncer will be front and center with all the Vampyres.

This is all theory, and I'm waiting to get a second Extinguisher. Then I will try out some Spirits or Stitched since I have more of those runes.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Some of the vampyres are brutes, so intoxicated works with them too.

9. aseryen

It could be reworked to utilize brews, I'm still figuring out the pacing of Clone Matter. I skipped the last part where the CD is refreshed if a relic or equipment is destroyed, makes it even easier to spread Stonearm Sash around that Trolls aren't even necessary.

I would remove the possession module since a brew on an enemy champion most likely won't be a Brute.

10. aseryen

Croma Extinguisher is worth the slot over a Mystic Atelier. Clone Matter is usually always available and to save nora, Croma Extinguisher could be replaced for another unit like Stitched First in order to move relics around, although less ideal.

Currently I'm running one Extinguisher and x2 Atelier, and Lodestone Armory for Craft. What I've found is that I'm waiting on too many runes to be active to get an efficient spread of Stonearm Sash. I hold off relying on Clone Matter until I have at least 3 or 4 runes that are in the Clone Matter Module

Croma Extinguisher
    Mystic Atelier
    Equipment: in this case Stonearm Sash
    Craft unit
    Unit to Replicate: Croma/Craft unit take this slot however once that are equipped more deploys are necessary

The first pass of spreading Stonearm Sash works pretty well. Ideally I can destroy whichever enemy unit that has Stonearm Sash equipped. I can follow up with Craft and spread an equip around with Clone Matter if it's available and I have ap to spare. Since I have Lodestone Builder to create/destroy relics as with Croma Extinguisher to aid in the destruction of Relics/Equips, Clone Matter is available faster than I can deploy units sometimes. After a point I can hold Extinguisher off and have her pumping out consistent equips, when Rockforger is deployed should a rockling ever get equipped it's not so bad since it refreshes Clone Matter once a low hp rockling is destroyed/consumed.

I can see a heavy summon module working well since equipping 0nora units and suiciding them to boost real units with Rock Defiance and refresh Clone Matter is the most efficient way of playing the theme. My biggest problem is having enough of my own units for Clone Matter to effect, since I do like to use Medal of Valor that's one extra champion on the board that can't be equipped. Stitched Tyrant seems like another solid summoner unit next to Rockforger.

Still lacking in AoE spells which I need to take a look at

11. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Haha! Drunken vampires... Now that would be an interesting deck to run.

12. aseryen

I still see it less viable since Croma is always an easy target for Clone Matter, se will be debuffed by Brews. Mason Spire units to give Atelier that extra hp so it doesn't get one rounded are also not Brew worthy.

Vampyres need lood Crest, so they need Mason's Spire. Idt relying on Mason's Spire as a relic is viable, having a unit that can contest is much more ideal. To begin running Clone Matter consistently you need units that don't get buffed by Brews as it is, so adding the theme in is very limited even if Vamps can be Brutes.

At the end of it, having one unit that can intoxicate your opponent and perhaps a few Vamps could work, however I only see it working if the source of Brew is from a unit, not the equipment. Dwarven Beermaiden fits that role pretty well, but just not something I wan't to play.

How spammy this deck is, I'm hurting for units to get equipped. The more I think about it the more I realize that flanking with equipped summons is the best way to consistently have Clone Matter available. Once I switch over to a summon heavy bg I may see a better place for Beer Maiden since a free equip is better than relying on Stonearm Sash and a Craft unit to be available. In theory everything should work.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Isn't the obvious use of Clone Matter with something like Crown of Petals?
    • Equipped champion has Pariah and becomesConfused.. If the champion is a Fairy, it gainsImpenetrable and Regal Presence instead.

aseryen likes this.
  14. aseryen

As with Lost Grimoire, I'm going to go through each faction eventually. This is the first week I'm playing Clone Matter so my scope is a bit narrow, plus I really like Rock Defiance so I always test everything with that theme.

I played the daily campaign yesterday and I was able to get Forests Embrace on a couple units which pretty much made it unnecceassry to implement Stonearm Sash.

Finding enough unit's to equip goes hand in hand with the equips I bring in my deck and what Equips my opponent has. Everything relies heavily on this or that so it can come crumbling down pretty quickly.

newsbuff likes this.
  15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Oh, wow I didnt think of all the new equips that give big drawbacks...great idea for a deck

16. aseryen

Ty

I'd say since I'm at the point where I'm looking for the right combination of Champs/Spells/Relics/Equips that Clone Matter in general is a viable theme.

The trick is getting that right combination as well as not relying too heavily on Clone Matter, so being able to get runes that do well without an equip is more important than having to rely on

Around 2mins I place the first Mystic Atelier/Stonearm Sash

Minutes 8-10 is the whole implementation of the theme. I Craft/Clone Matter-Stonearm Sash with x2 Mystic Ateliers and a Croma Extinguisher. From then on out I can consistently Spread equips around the field without much worry.

At 19mins 15sec I Clone Matter Forest's Embrace onto my Grintmaw Shaman, thing pretty much pick up from there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. aseryen

upload_2016-8-19_12-23-11.png

Going to be playing this group now.

I think stalling is a better option than trying to squeeze a craft unit into the bg so with the extra space I added a bit more of a stall module into the deck.

Not sure how Mystic Atelier/Clone Matter is going to interact with Bone Mine but if it goes on CD after the first deploy and leaves relics behind, Clone Matter should be on 0CD permanently.

Restore Life is for Gravewatcher; I like playing him kind of as a pseudo restore life then casting restore life to bring him back for another quick exhume

A second Croma Extinguisher may be nice just to have the extra Clone Matter however I think Mystic Atelier is an equal deploy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016